• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade for Jose Altuve??

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just lost Aaron Hill for well over a month, maybe two. There are really no good options on the waiver wire. I recieved an offer of Medlen/Bourn for Kinsler. I am obviously rejecting that one. However, the team that offered said if I want to counter, it's cool, but he still wants Medlen. I'm in a standard scoring, H2H league. Here's my team:

Hitters--Salvador Perez, Ike davis, Chris Davis, Castro, David Wright, Josh hamilton, Bryce Harper, Bourn, Moustakas, Andrelton Simmons, Hill(DL), Getz(as temp replacement).

Pitchers--Medlen, Gio Gonzalez, Detwiler, Matt Harvey, James Shields, Travis Wood, Shelby Miller, Trevor Cahill, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Parbell, Jim Johnson, Casey Janssen, Fujikawa, and a couple other spots where I stream pitchers in.

Now I'm pretty well versed in Fant Baseball, but this is a conundrum I'd like some advice on. I was thinking of countering with Medlen/Simmons for Kinsler. I think it's fair and something he'd agree to. I feel like I'll still have a good stable of pitchers to lean on. Thoughts?

That was my original post a few days ago. I haven't heard a thing from the owner of Kinsler, but the owner of Altuve is willing to trade me him for Medlen and Chris Getz. I'm pretty confident I am going to make this move. Thoughts?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the time the deal would go through, you would have 3-5 more weeks without Hill. This is a temporary problem. I own Hill in my $ league also, but I am not concerned in the least. Don't make a deal out of desperation, make one that will help your team.

The value here is okay, but you can survive short term without a 2B. If you feel like your team is better 2 months from now with Altuve instead of Medlen, then go for it. Personally, I would rather have Medlen and I feel like you can get by with Getz or whoever else is there.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tlance that you should only make a deal that helps your team, and I agree that you should not make a trade to fix a temporary problem.

What I don't agree with is the assessment of Hill. He may be out only 3-5 weeks, but it is a wrist injury which can linger for much longer. Not to mention if he changes his approach at the plate due to his wrist bothering him, it will take him more time to get in sync so having Altuve will help you longer than you think.

Also you have to look at the guys you have at Util/Bench.
You have Bourn & Davis as your 3rd OF/Util spot & Moustakas & Simmons on your bench. Once Hill does come back Altuve can stay at 2nd giving you the option of playing Hill over Bourn at Util or someone better to cover you incase one of your other players gets injured. Right now if someone else gets hurt I don't like your alternatives, Altuve would strengthen your hitters and losing Medlen won't weaken your pitching staff that much.

I would accept the trade.