• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade for corner help

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you going to get a Quality #1 CB Now... just sayin' you guys put the cart before the horse quite often

We have a top 10 pick -- we can just draft one!?! Oh wait a minute, that was this year's draft. My bad. Luckily we have 3 tight ends though.:suds:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustMeIamRight said:
We have a top 10 pick -- we can just draft one!?! Oh wait a minute, that was this year's draft. My bad. Luckily we have 3 tight ends though.:suds:

we might get another top 10 pick next year.... you never know :L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we might get another top 10 pick next year.... you never know

If we do -- i'm sure Mayhew will get a raise and Caldwell will sign a long term extension -- that way the Lions will continue with their backwards ass way of doing things.:L

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a shame the Lions defense has played well so far to have a depleted secondary. I can't see the Lions being a real threat with having to start waiver wire pickups at CB by game 3 of the season.

I think everyone can say the Lions needed another CB. The argument about Ebron or say Dennard is a relevant one but the fact remains the Lions could have went CB in the second or third round as well. The fact they waited and waited and took Lawson as a developmental guy makes the lack of depth even moe glaring.

It sure would have helped Mayhew's case if Green or any of his other developmental guys would have panned out.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is a shame the Lions defense has played well so far to have a depleted secondary. I can't see the Lions being a real threat with having to start waiver wire pickups at CB by game 3 of the season.

I think everyone can say the Lions needed another CB. The argument about Ebron or say Dennard is a relevant one but the fact remains the Lions could have went CB in the second or third round as well. The fact they waited and waited and took Lawson as a developmental guy makes the lack of depth even moe glaring.

It sure would have helped Mayhew's case if Green or any of his other developmental guys would have panned out.

And yet it was the offense that shit the bed on Sunday.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They might still work out. The way things are going we may need to bring them back.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of the Lions cut DBs have been picked up by another team, which would go along way in what other GMs think of Mayhew's developmental guys.

If Detroits DB isn't up to the task in the North no way no how do the Lions make the playoffs. The Bears and Packers both have to many weapons to think Slay and Matthias will be able to keep things in check.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of the Lions cut DBs have been picked up by another team, which would go along way in what other GMs think of Mayhew's developmental guys.

If Detroits DB isn't up to the task in the North no way no how do the Lions make the playoffs. The Bears and Packers both have to many weapons to think Slay and Matthias will be able to keep things in check.

Defense is all about teamwork. You cant judge based on a player or even a position. DL has a huge effect on the passing game. So it isnt a question of can Slay and mathis keep green bays pass attack in check. The question is if our defense can do it. We'll find out on Sunday.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be careful what you say on here man. Theres fans on here that would crucify you for speaking the truth about the lack of talent in the secondary.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you say on here man. Theres fans on here that would crucify you for speaking the truth about the lack of talent in the secondary.

Doesn't look like anyone is/was crucifying him to me.

Perhaps your just trying to stir the pot? That's just my opinion, but I certainly feel like its pretty spot-on...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like anyone is/was crucifying him to me.

Perhaps your just trying to stir the pot? That's just my opinion, but I certainly feel like its pretty spot-on...

Keep on trolling. Don't make it so obvious though. Subtle works better.

Last edited by a moderator: