• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you trade #55 if there is a first rounder involved? As mentioned earlier, the best we get is a late third rounder if (when) he walks in free agency.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you trade #55 if there is a first rounder involved? As mentioned earlier, the best we get is a late third rounder if (when) he walks in free agency.

A first? Paton would have to be incapacitated to not jump all over that. We would be lucky to get a third and maybe another later pick imo

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season is lost - go for the draft pick return for players.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first? Paton would have to be incapacitated to not jump all over that. We would be lucky to get a third and maybe another later pick imo
A first would indicate demand and an extended contract? Chubb is having a good year …finally.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season is lost - go for the draft pick return for players.
It seems as if the front office has already prepared for life after Chubb. If that’s the case, make a deal of one is there to be made.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if someone offered a 2nd, we’d be all over it.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Elway only had one good draft. He generally sucked in that aspect, especially, somewhat ironically, when evaluating quarterbacks

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you get a 1st or a 2nd. Maybe a 3rd and 5th? The question then becomes whether you would franchise him after the season and if the answer is no you take the return as this season is lost.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy to the Packers
Risner to Tampa Bay

not a fan of trading Chubb, Jeudy or Risner. Risner hasn't been special but he has been average. Better than Glasgow.
Tough to trade these players and be competitive next year. And tough to make these trades and rebuild with the QB contract we have.
I say make some fringe trades and get rid of Hackett before we trade our young talent.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risner and Chubb I can understand trading to get some capital as they are RFA's next year so if you are going to let them walk anyway get something for them. Jeudy is on a decent contract next year so that would be the one where I agree with you Buff.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just sucks that we have to ponder this. This is a Super Bowl caliber defense. I’m trying to not be to negative, but it’s hard.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy to the Packers
Risner to Tampa Bay

not a fan of trading Chubb, Jeudy or Risner. Risner hasn't been special but he has been average. Better than Glasgow.
Tough to trade these players and be competitive next year. And tough to make these trades and rebuild with the QB contract we have.
I say make some fringe trades and get rid of Hackett before we trade our young talent.
Reading this makes me want to be a buyer of some OL talent. I really feel this entire unit is a drag on the rest of the team. We need to become more stout and athletic from the inside out.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading this makes me want to be a buyer of some OL talent. I really feel this entire unit is a drag on the rest of the team. We need to become more stout and athletic from the inside out.
I'm going with the ugly sweater avatar until the ugly is gone from this team.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just sucks that we have to ponder this. This is a Super Bowl caliber defense. I’m trying to not be to negative, but it’s hard.
completely agree! Chubb is 26 years old. I hate we are in the position to trade young talent do to our lack of success on the field for draft capital we pissed away in the Wilson trade.
we can't do a full rebuild and get that next young star QB in the draft.....we the ball and chain of Wilson's contract.
that's why i am in favor of making some fringe trades. Get rid of Albert O....sucks to see him go but he not being utilized. Trade Glasgow and his $11m contract. Make some fringe trades to reduce the cap for next year but keep your young talent the best you can.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Publicly, Paton is supporting Hackett and doesn't want to be a seller at the trade deadline. At least that's what he's saying. If we lose in London, I'm not so sure he'll stick to that narrative. His job could well be on the line too if something isn't done to fix this broken offense and better prepare the team for the future.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Publicly, Paton is supporting Hackett and doesn't want to be a seller at the trade deadline. At least that's what he's saying. If we lose in London, I'm not so sure he'll stick to that narrative. His job could well be on the line too if something isn't done to fix this broken offense and better prepare the team for the future.
It's tough. He isn't happy with the offense but yet let's trade our young offensive talent (Hamler, Jeudy, Risner or Albert O.) or dismantle a key cog in our elite defense.
Paton is in tough position, one that he put himself in with the Wilson extension.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Chubb being traded has as much to do with the record as it does simple math.

We basically decided Chubb was expendable when we signed Gregory to that 70 million dollar deal, then extended short stuff four more years.

Seeing Browning step up, drafting Bonitto also make this an easier decision.

Not to mention we still need to re-sign Jones, who has outplayed almost everyone on that front 7.

Same with Jeudy or Hamler. The youth and depth at WR's on rookie deals compared to what Jeudy can make in a few years is an easy decision.

Risner I'm not a fan of, but the hole he leaves makes the oline downright hazardous for others.

With signing Mack, Murray I'm starting to think Gordon might be gone if we keep Hackett.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe Chubb being traded has as much to do with the record as it does simple math.

We basically decided Chubb was expendable when we signed Gregory to that 70 million dollar deal, then extended short stuff four more years.

Seeing Browning step up, drafting Bonitto also make this an easier decision.

Not to mention we still need to re-sign Jones, who has outplayed almost everyone on that front 7.

Same with Jeudy or Hamler. The youth and depth at WR's on rookie deals compared to what Jeudy can make in a few years is an easy decision.

Risner I'm not a fan of, but the hole he leaves makes the oline downright hazardous for others.

With signing Mack, Murray I'm starting to think Gordon might be gone if we keep Hackett.
Great post, LGM. I like Chubb. Would like him better if his name was Josh Allen. I would be ok with moving him for the reasons you mention, but not for a box of chocolates. Chubb should command a return that has some juice, but likely only if there is a contract extension included.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post, LGM. I like Chubb. Would like him better if his name was Josh Allen. I would be ok with moving him for the reasons you mention, but not for a box of chocolates. Chubb should command a return that has some juice, but likely only if there is a contract extension included.
Yeah, a sign and trade makes sense. Especially if we apply the FT on him. I don't think we trade anyone for peanuts; we aren't desperate for mid round picks at this point.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your post LGM. Just sad that with Gregory's contract, we cannot afford to extend Chubb.
Jones is the next deserving extension.
We need to invest in our OL and LB, holes we have had for years.