• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets got a lot better today
Curry and Drummond are huge pieces moving forward as well.

Kyrie wanted Harden gone so lets see what he will do

Durant stays healthy and the Nets are the favorites
Sixers got better also

Embiid was dropping 30 in his sleep with three people guarding him every possession. Teams should be terrified of what he can do with another elite scorer on the floor.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers got better also

Embiid was dropping 30 in his sleep with three people guarding him every possession. Teams should be terrified of what he can do with another elite scorer on the floor.
They absolutely got better but not the way I look at it. Embiid and Harden seem to need the ball in their hands. When was the last time either of these players were a #2?
Embiid....never
Harden...the Nets. He couldn't handle it and his fit with the team. He made it work with CP3 but he was a clear #1.

Both players will have to sacrifice. I think it could be actually more difficult on Embiid but either way they are a clear top 3 in the East imo

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs are all about half court and having good possessions.

Nets have to find a way to get 3 people the ball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely got better but not the way I look at it. Embiid and Harden seem to need the ball in their hands. When was the last time either of these players were a #2?
Embiid....never
Harden...the Nets. He couldn't handle it and his fit with the team. He made it work with CP3 but he was a clear #1.

Both players will have to sacrifice. I think it could be actually more difficult on Embiid but either way they are a clear top 3 in the East imo

Embiid and Jimmy Butler enjoyed playing together and were a freak basket away from beating the eventual NBA champions.

Embiid isn't ball dominant. He is scoring dominant. He's closer to KD than to Harden in that regard. Simmons is the one who needs the ball in his hands all the time.

I would imagine that he LOVES the idea of having a ball dominant PG that can create his own shot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs are all about half court and having good possessions.

Nets have to find a way to get 3 people the ball.
What 3 people? Simmons doesn't need the ball in his hands. He can go on the block or move without the ball. KD and Kyrie need the ball in their hands but that is perfectly fine bc of their skillsets. The problem is will they be on the court

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid and Jimmy Butler enjoyed playing together and were a freak basket away from beating the eventual NBA champions.

Embiid isn't ball dominant. He is scoring dominant. He's closer to KD than to Harden in that regard. Simmons is the one who needs the ball in his hands all the time.

I would imagine that he LOVES the idea of having a ball dominant PG that can create his own shot.
So you are comparing Jimmy to Harden? Jimmy doesn't need the ball in his hands and he is an all-around great player. Harden is completely different. Like I said, not saying it won't work bc it's a great duo but that isn't the same situation at all. Plus the team defense will be worse with Harden than Jimmy.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are comparing Jimmy to Harden? Jimmy doesn't need the ball in his hands and he is an all-around great player. Harden is completely different. Like I said, not saying it won't work bc it's a great duo but that isn't the same situation at all. Plus the team defense will be worse with Harden than Jimmy.

Are you suggesting that Jimmy Butler is a better all-around offensive player than James Harden?

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 3 people? Simmons doesn't need the ball in his hands. He can go on the block or move without the ball. KD and Kyrie need the ball in their hands but that is perfectly fine bc of their skillsets. The problem is will they be on the court

He goes to the block and what? Gets fronted? Simmons is useless in a half court set without the ball. he is dumping it in to a 5 on 4 situation because nobody guards him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags 2 games since the trade.

11 of 27 and 10 of 22 on 3's.

#Keepthefaith
And going forward, like I said yesterday, they don’t need to win the 3 pt line in the game. They need to keep it within 9-12 point discrepancy because they should win at the foul line and points in the paint.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And going forward, like I said yesterday, they don’t need to win the 3 pt line in the game. They need to keep it within 9-12 point discrepancy because they should win at the foul line and points in the paint.
Embiid DOESN'T need to be shooting it 7 times though, like he did the other night.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid DOESN'T need to be shooting it 7 times though, like he did the other night.
I’m not gonna question anything the man does right now. In the first quarter last night in his 10 minutes the Sixers had 30 points and he scored or assisted on 24 of those points. Dude has been amazing. Most dominant player I’ve seen in Philly since A.I.’s MVP year in 2001.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not gonna question anything the man does right now. In the first quarter last night in his 10 minutes the Sixers had 30 points and he scored or assisted on 24 of those points. Dude has been amazing. Most dominant player I’ve seen in Philly since A.I.’s MVP year in 2001.
I agree.

Embiid is incredible. He has gotten better every year. The combination of size and shooting and quickness (dude's a dancing bear) that he brings to the table is borderline unstoppable.

In the playoffs, teams are going to have to heavily shade defensive schemes his way and (to some extent) hope Philly doesn't shoot well around him and that Embiid wears down. We all know the saying about hope not being a plan, though...

Milwaukee can realistically pull off such a plan... and Brooklyn (at full strength) can be a juggernaut in their own right. That's what it comes down to... that's the big 3 in the Eastern conference.

Miami would have to shoot lights out from 3... (which they are capable of)... to make it a big 4.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Embiid is incredible. He has gotten better every year. The combination of size and shooting and quickness (dude's a dancing bear) that he brings to the table is borderline unstoppable.

In the playoffs, teams are going to have to heavily shade defensive schemes his way and (to some extent) hope Philly doesn't shoot well around him and that Embiid wears down. We know the saying about hope not being a plan, though...

Milwaukee can realistically pull off such a plan... and Brooklyn (at full strength) can be a juggernaut in their own right. That's what it comes down to... that's the big 3 in the Eastern conference.

Miami would have to shoot lights out from 3... (which they are capable of)... to make it a big 4.
Nets have to get to work. They need to go on a tear when KD gets back.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets have to get to work. They need to go on a tear when KD gets back.
I don't doubt that they can, as long as KD gets and stays healthy.

A healthy KD is still arguably the best basketball player in the world.

The Nets seed in the playoffs doesn't really matter.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but don't fall in love with the 3, especially when you make 1 of 7.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but don't fall in love with the 3, especially when you make 1 of 7.
But the next night he was 4-5. He needs to shoot that shot because number 1 he can make them and number 2 it gets guys to come out on him to set up the drive the rack.