• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good deadline so far.

Indy and Portland each with 2 big deals.....both did pretty well too if you ask me. Both have set themselves up nice- will have some cap space.

You know Indy and the Blazers arent going after Sexton either which I like!

Doubt the Pistons do. MAgic wont. Pistons I doubt would.

thats all teams with cap space beside the Spurs.

Maybe Cavs get SExton back on a decent deal?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News of the day out of Lakerland is they're shopping THT and a pick (possibly 1st rounder) for Josh Richardson or Terrance Ross

That's just fucking dumb. Neither of those players is making a damn bit of difference in the outcome of this season. You're much better off making no deals at the deadline, saving what little assets you have (especially the picks) and wait until the Summer because you're likely gonna need to include what you have in any offer to get rid of Westbrook.

Best thing LA can do, barring some team giving them some miracle Westbrook deal at the deadline, is do nothing. Hit the buyout market and hope players like Thad Young and Gary Harris are there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Hardin for Simmons. Both teams instantly become a title contender.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News of the day out of Lakerland is they're shopping THT and a pick (possibly 1st rounder) for Josh Richardson or Terrance Ross

That's just fucking dumb. Neither of those players is making a damn bit of difference in the outcome of this season. You're much better off making no deals at the deadline, saving what little assets you have (especially the picks) and wait until the Summer because you're likely gonna need to include what you have in any offer to get rid of Westbrook.

Best thing LA can do, barring some team giving them some miracle Westbrook deal at the deadline, is do nothing. Hit the buyout market and hope players like Thad Young and Gary Harris are there.
The buyout market is where it's at for the Lakers.

Let James recruit.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good deadline so far.

Indy and Portland each with 2 big deals.....both did pretty well too if you ask me. Both have set themselves up nice- will have some cap space.

You know Indy and the Blazers arent going after Sexton either which I like!

Doubt the Pistons do. MAgic wont. Pistons I doubt would.

thats all teams with cap space beside the Spurs.

Maybe Cavs get SExton back on a decent deal?
Truth be told, I like Portland as a destination for Beal more than I do for the Wiz.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that have to keep trying on the off chance that someone does something stupid. But it's likely going to be buyout market and hope they can unload Westbrook in the off season when he becomes an expiring contract.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also noted he’s a Raptors fan. The whole world said why are you trading assets for Kawhi when you know he’s not staying in Toronto. And they won a title. If Harden is just good for one title here in Philly I’ll be ecstatic.
Sure if

My point is are you comfortable giving him 200 million in the off season at 33 with his quitting history

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure if

My point is are you comfortable giving him 200 million in the off season at 33 with his quitting history
No but if that’s what it takes, that’s what it takes. It’s not easy to put together a squad that can really compete. You do what you have to do.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be an easy trade to make. Ellington for Millsap.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some bogan for dragic
No but if that’s what it takes, that’s what it takes. It’s not easy to put together a squad that can really compete. You do what you have to do.
Well if you're comfortable giving a 37 year old Harden 50 million a year then go for it

I think you csn do much better

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some bogan for dragic

Well if you're comfortable giving a 37 year old Harden 50 million a year then go for it

I think you csn do much better
I’m willing to listen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you’re trading the clearly inferior player
If the Nets are trading Harden in the next 48 hours it’s because they have to. Call that bluff knowing this isn’t your last run at Harden.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats up? have not heard you say anything about the Pacers deal yet.

Whats your opinion?

Thought hte Sabonis deal was excellent.
I hope we can/are able to move Brogdon's frail ass this summer now that we have Haliburton.