• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline in 2 weeks

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah. I thought of what I said yesterday when I heard this morning that they got rid of him. A while ago Hurney reportedly took a hard stance against trading Smith when he reportedly told the organization and then later confirmed himself that he'd like to be traded to a contender. Then the Panthers got Newton and it was all about keeping Smith in place and acquiring other weapons to aid in the development of Newton.

Smith is getting up there in age but would be pretty tempting if they would part with him for a 3rd round pick. I just don't know that they would do that still.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would Smith go in our depth? Its Crabtree MM as our starters(when healthy) maybe then you could make the case for Moss/Steve Smith then KW, but IMHO, Smith doesn't bring anything different with what he have already...

we just need alex to connect on those deep throws!

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers already have an old WR. There is no need to bring in another over the hill WR.

They have a Steve Smith and he goes by the name of Randy Moss.

Also, why waste a draft pick on an old WR, when T.O. and Chad Johnson are available. They're probably cheaper too.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need WRs that aren't above what we have right now...

We need Alex to hit them accurately and make plays.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers already have an old WR. There is no need to bring in another over the hill WR.

They have a Steve Smith and he goes by the name of Randy Moss.

Also, why waste a draft pick on an old WR, when T.O. and Chad Johnson are available. They're probably cheaper too.

You don't think there's a significant gap between what both men still offer to an NFL team? Boy, I sure do. Big time.

Smith isn't a perfect fit for the 49ers, but I'd like that fit a whole lot better than the one the 49ers appear to have with Moss. To be fair, Moss has been better than I thought he'd be and his production should be better than it's been because it's been shown that Smith has clearly missed a number of opportunities with him so far, but to my outsider eye, Smith would be a better addition to the team than Moss.

I don't know if Roman and company would get on board with that so if they shot it down, I'd leave it at that because they know what type of offense they want, but generally speaking, I like Smith a WHOLE lot more than Moss as a receiver right now. Always have.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think there's a significant gap between what both men still offer to an NFL team? Boy, I sure do. Big time.

Smith isn't a perfect fit for the 49ers, but I'd like that fit a whole lot better than the one the 49ers appear to have with Moss. To be fair, Moss has been better than I thought he'd be and his production should be better than it's been because it's been shown that Smith has clearly missed a number of opportunities with him so far, but to my outsider eye, Smith would be a better addition to the team than Moss.

I don't know if Roman and company would get on board with that so if they shot it down, I'd leave it at that because they know what type of offense they want, but generally speaking, I like Smith a WHOLE lot more than Moss as a receiver right now. Always have.

Which WR would you cut (or trade) to make room for Steve Smith?

Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Williams, Jenkins, or Ginn

I take it you think Steve Smith would be "a better addition to the team" because Smith is better at running short routes. As oppose to Moss, who is only a deep threat. Thus, Smith would be more versatile for the offense and less predictable to opposing defenses.

I could agree with that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Besides, Smith is up in age and doesn't offer anything differen on the field vs what we have say in KW right now.

You really think that? Steve Smith EASILY better than any WR on the Niners at this point.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Which WR would you cut (or trade) to make room for Steve Smith?

Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Williams, Jenkins, or Ginn

Moss. Easily.

And Chad Johnson, TO & anyone not actually playing in the NFL right now is not an upgrade over the washed up Moss. Steve Smith is.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think that? Steve Smith EASILY better than any WR on the Niners at this point.

Right now? He's a burner and slant guy. Alex can't throw the deep ball and we shouldn't lose a pick to trade for another WR with speed on the slants. We have AJ in the wings for that if anything.

Steve is a small guy too, not saying thats a disadvantage but due to Alex's inaccuracy, he really doesn't help Alex. Alex couldn't find him if he tried.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's something Steve Smith can do that none of the Niners' WRs can do on a regular basis: get open.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something Steve Smith can do that none of the Niners' WRs can do on a regular basis: get open.

welllllll

depends who you ask lol.... yes our WRs often dont get open but also Alex doesn't hit the open guy either....

:hippie: