• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline in 2 weeks

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game manager will start getting tossed around again and probably fair. Alex has not shown an ability to play from behind, this year, despite added weaponry.

On topic for the thread, throw in the usual suspects: Jacobs, Dixon, Ginn though I don't know that they'd get much. It'd be more to free up roster space and get some more rookies in.

tumblr_mbw417UqsB1r1a37eo2_250.gif

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is simpleton logic.

If QBs can just swing for the fences and connect behind in the 2nd half, they would do it all the time. It isn't possible. There is a reason Adam Dunn hits .200

The other team has to make mistakes and or the defense/ST has to make a play.

Brady played bad yesterday but the KILLER was a piss-poor pass rush when they bit too hard up front on weak play-action and Sidney Rice got 2 yards behind the coverage somehow.

I didn't watch any of the Pats game but for our game, the D was consistently placed in a bad situation due to the Ints. Given where the Giants usually took over, I think giving up 2 TD's was pretty good. If anything, I was disappointed in the rush D but overall I look at the offense's shortcomings in this game much more.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass rush needs to wake up via DL and OLBs.... that's it.. get that going first and we'll see how we go from there....

Not expecting playoff type pass rush but MNF vs Steelers type at least.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Mac only had one good game rushing the passer this year. Justin Smith hasn't had much in that department either. Last year both of these guys were chasing QBs like it's nothing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to see us unleash willis or even goldson on some blitzes. imo the reason why smith and macdonald aren't getting as much pressure is because teams seen what we did last year and made adjustments.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch any of the Pats game but for our game, the D was consistently placed in a bad situation due to the Ints. Given where the Giants usually took over, I think giving up 2 TD's was pretty good. If anything, I was disappointed in the rush D but overall I look at the offense's shortcomings in this game much more.

The defense didn't play well as we're accustomed to, but only two FGs, one at the end of the game, was their fault. One TD was on Smith, despite the 67 yard drive allowed by the defense) because the INT was on first down (no punt equivalency). One TD was on the special teams for letting such a big return on the first return of the half. His second and third INTs led to FGs (combined is like a TD).

One failed drive was on Harbaugh for putting in Kaep after the 55 yard Moss catch. Three were on Smith for the INTs. Two drives were sort of on Akers. The rest were on the offense and coaching staff as a whole.

There's my unsolicited blame chart for the Giants game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think it had more to do with the route combination than his injured finger. The safties were teeing off and didn't even have to back pedal on two of the three ints, they is unacceptable.

Though I don't think it did, for the sake of argument, the finger may have had an effect on the third quarter INTs being intercepted and not INCs, but the decision making and play call (routes) was the problem. Those were absolutely Smith's fault and it gave them 30 yards or more each (both were on third down so an INC would have led to a punt to the 40). If the finger affected any of the three, it might have been the first INT or the almost catch by Manningham. I was disappointed in Smith last game despite my pregame attempts to lower my expectations.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
watching Eli yesterday, the difference is Eli can throw it into tight coverage. Alex won't even throw it. Alex can throw it far enough considering our offensive strategy, but e still can't "throw receivers open". when he suffered the 2nd INT, it APPEARED he got even more conservative?

our coverages weren't bad at all, but when the ball is on time and with accuracy, you can't stop it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just for fun, say (hypothetically) the Niners put Alex Smith on the trading block. Do you think anyone would trade for him?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I'm not gonna get into this for known reasons.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just for fun...

Anyone think the Panthers would trade Steve Smith? They're 1-5. I know they just signed him to an extention, but if they'd be willing to deal, SF would be a perfect trade partner.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just for fun...

Anyone think the Panthers would trade Steve Smith? They're 1-5. I know they just signed him to an extention, but if they'd be willing to deal, SF would be a perfect trade partner.

I'd highly doubt it if Marty Hurney is still their GM, which he is, so no, I doubt that would happen unless it was clearly a load of an offer.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun...

We don't need him.... I'm sure he's still the deep threat but Alex accruacy on deep throws is rather depressing as of late.

Besides, Smith is up in age and doesn't offer anything differen on the field vs what we have say in KW right now.

Vet leadership and experience is obviously his biggest advantage but nothing IMO that improves the offense significantly that Alex can't on his own(on his own, meaning making the throws first and foremost)

We don't have a Cam Newton bomber either lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets should honestly consider trading for Smith if they want to make a run lol...