• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline 2020

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone splain to me why the Leafs are eating some of Lehner’s salary?

and the answer better not be “because they are getting a 5th for their trouble”

I'm not sure I get why this isn't a good enough answer. They bought a draft pick with cap space that wasn't going to be used/needed anyway.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I get why this isn't a good enough answer. They bought a draft pick with cap space that wasn't going to be used/needed anyway.

cap space is a sore point for me, I guess. I am not impressed at the big decisions this administration has made in utilizing cap space, and this move snacks of “see, we are sooooo smart”.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap space is a sore point for me, I guess. I am not impressed at the big decisions this administration has made in utilizing cap space, and this move snacks of “see, we are sooooo smart”.

a shame that some legal cba machinations are more legal than others though

/still sitting here holding my “CAP RECAPTURE” pennant Homer Simpson style

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, would you rather they not act like they're so smart and not finish the day with an extra asset?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, would you rather they not act like they're so smart and not finish the day with an extra asset?

i hear you, but I would rather they stop making bad decisions. Like immediately after generating a 5th round pick out of thin air, then signing Muzzin to a horrible (price) deal.

and is a 5th so valuable that you help out an opponent? I will gladly take this all back if McPhee trades us Shea Theodore at the draft for the rights to Barrie. Otherwise, why help Vegas out?

I clearly do not put any value in a 5th !

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear you, but I would rather they stop making bad decisions. Like immediately after generating a 5th round pick out of thin air, then signing Muzzin to a horrible (price) deal.

and is a 5th so valuable that you help out an opponent? I will gladly take this all back if McPhee trades us Shea Theodore at the draft for the rights to Barrie. Otherwise, why help Vegas out?

I clearly do not put any value in a 5th !

Well I've gotta think that if they end up in a position where they have to worry about how good Vegas is we will all be as happy as a pig in shit :wink:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it was 3pm......no wonder things have been so slow this evening......

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Canucks had a trade in the bank. Surprised they haven't used it yet.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Canucks had a trade in the bank. Surprised they haven't used it yet.

Sorry to disappoint you.

I gotta ask @dash . How worried were you after you heard Johnny Gaudreau leaving practice yesterday before his explanation?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to disappoint you.

I gotta ask @dash . How worried were you after you heard Johnny Gaudreau leaving practice yesterday before his explanation?

I wasn't too worried to be honest, the common belief in Calgary is that the current core of players are going to get one last shot at making a run for Lord Stanley's mug (of course, they have to make the playoffs first). Even if they make the dance, they're likely going to bow out in the first round and I think there's going to be some big changes in the off-season. The only thing that was good about the trade deadline yesterday was that the Flames kept all their draft picks for the upcoming entry draft.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't too worried to be honest, the common belief in Calgary is that the current core of players are going to get one last shot at making a run for Lord Stanley's mug (of course, they have to make the playoffs first). Even if they make the dance, they're likely going to bow out in the first round and I think there's going to be some big changes in the off-season. The only thing that was good about the trade deadline yesterday was that the Flames kept all their draft picks for the upcoming entry draft.

I kinda got the feeling that we will make it but do enough, by enough I mean win a series or two, for everyone, analysts,to say " this is a sample. This is a team that is going to be deadly when everything is set"

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto's back tonight vs. Tampa Bay. I heard if the 2 Tampa goalies go down the team dentist will be suiting up for Tampa in net...LOL.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as Eric Francis appeared, the channel was changed lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as Eric Francis appeared, the channel was changed lol

I didn't even go to sportsnet. Where Bob is I is.

I think the last time I watched sportsnet was when they put e5 guy on there and I never went back after that shite. God that was bad

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even go to sportsnet. Where Bob is I is.

I think the last time I watched sportsnet was when they put e5 guy on there and I never went back after that shite. God that was bad

Believe it or not. Same. Wherever the Bobfather is. That is my viewing. TSN was less funny than other years though.

I think because the trades were so spread out that they had no time for skits.

Nice to see Upshall retire on it

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I saw a lot of posts about SN being the better watch yesterday. Friedman seemed to beat TSN on every breaking trade and no Eric Francis.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I saw a lot of posts about SN being the better watch yesterday. Friedman seemed to beat TSN on every breaking trade and no Eric Francis.

I will say this, Ray Ferraro can be an arrogant asshat.