• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade Boone

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do trade him word is we should be able to land a 2nd rd pick for him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If we do trade him word is we should be able to land a 2nd rd pick for him.

That would never happen. Not with him already threatening to sit out the season (it's BS, but he's not practicing right now, and that lowers his value).

Pretend Boone were a RFA. RFAs don't get much attention on the open market because teams don't want to pay the draft pick(s). Trading for Boone is kind of like signing a RFA. They'll have to give him a new deal in order to get him to play, and he already rejected an offer that would make him a top-15 guard in the NFL.

the only teams that would trade for a guard anyway are teams that are already good; bad teams would develop their own because they're bad anyway. There aren't many good teams with bad OLs. It's pretty much the Colts, Ravens & Packers and that's it.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would never happen. Not with him already threatening to sit out the season (it's BS, but he's not practicing right now, and that lowers his value).

Pretend Boone were a RFA. RFAs don't get much attention on the open market because teams don't want to pay the draft pick(s). Trading for Boone is kind of like signing a RFA. They'll have to give him a new deal in order to get him to play, and he already rejected an offer that would make him a top-15 guard in the NFL.

the only teams that would trade for a guard anyway are teams that are already good; bad teams would develop their own because they're bad anyway. There aren't many good teams with bad OLs. It's pretty much the Colts, Ravens & Packers and that's it.

Let him sit IMO. He'll commit career suicide if he sits out for 2 years. He's out way more than the 9ers if he sits. He'll flinch first.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let him sit IMO. He'll commit career suicide if he sits out for 2 years. He's out way more than the 9ers if he sits. He'll flinch first.

And if he sits the entire season he'll still be under contract for 2 more seasons! The Niners own his ass. This is 100% bark and 0% bite, but Boone wants to pitch a fit; so let him throw his temper tantrum & let him come back with his tail between his legs when it becomes a matter of missing game checks.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the way Baalke isn't budging.

I like Boone, but this isn't the way for him to go about this. Man up and get in there.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone isn't going anywhere. This will be settled by the first regular season game IMO. I hope they just pay him but I don't think Looney is the answer here. I agree that the FO holds all of the cards but we need this team to be ready soon.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is in SFs best interest to retain Boone. Both sides want to save face. I would try to "extend" him. Give him a hefty sign bonus. Boone gets remainder of current 2 years and gets prorated portion of bonus spread over life of extension- maybe 4 years total. As an example, a $7M bone over 4 years gets Boone an extra $1.75m guaranteed each of these next 2 years and that might make him happy..
It's just an example that something like this might work for both sides.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO WAY we trade him. Did you watch Looney play. We would be in big trouble. Also I heard 49ers may be able to get a 2nd rd pick for him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke should tell him to come to camp and he will get a raise. Baalke doesn't give up contracts to players that sit out. Boone should know this by now.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NO WAY we trade him. Did you watch Looney play. We would be in big trouble. Also I heard 49ers may be able to get a 2nd rd pick for him.

don't want to trade Boone but assuming the worse case and we have to..........his value is at OT and he's likely a starting LT?

I'd hold out for a 1st and if there are no takers, we throw in a 7th? if that's still not enough, I'd consider throwing in a 6th. again, only if we HAVE to trade him.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think you are right. I think he is a starting LT in the NFL.
He's got the size and length and he filled in nicely at tackle.

I'm afraid we don't have an answer at backup tackle, or starting right guard, if we trade him.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The thing to keep in mind is nobody expect Boone and the 9ers know what Boone's demands are.

If it was a simple bump in pay I would imagine that he would've showed up a camp and the 9ers would've taken care of him.

But considering how serious he's taken the holdout he must be looking for the team to tear up his contract and give him high end guard money.

If that's the case I would rather give that money to Iupati and just let Boone sit and have no choice to get back to playing again and finish out his contract.

Normally I side with players in these kinds of things since NFL teams just rip up contracts when it's not convenient for them while expecting players to honor them but I'm finding it harder and harder to side with Boone on this one.

The team has made it extremely clear it won't negotiate with people not in camp and they aren't going give him top guard money for 2 years of not even being the best guard on the team.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing to keep in mind is nobody expect Boone and the 9ers know what Boone's demands are.

If it was a simple bump in pay I would imagine that he would've showed up a camp and the 9ers would've taken care of him.

But considering how serious he's taken the holdout he must be looking for the team to tear up his contract and give him high end guard money.

If that's the case I would rather give that money to Iupati and just let Boone sit and have no choice to get back to playing again and finish out his contract.

Normally I side with players in these kinds of things since NFL teams just rip up contracts when it's not convenient for them while expecting players to honor them but I'm finding it harder and harder to side with Boone on this one.

The team has made it extremely clear it won't negotiate with people not in camp and they aren't going give him top guard money for 2 years of not even being the best guard on the team.

I was hoping he would have ended this holdout by now. He will be hurt more than helped by this. IMO there is little chance the 9ers trade him unless it is a great offer (1st round pick or similar). I think the FO will let him sit the season before a deal will be made at this point. Message to Boone...Get back on the field and deal with your contract with one more Pro Bowl under you belt!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping he would have ended this holdout by now. He will be hurt more than helped by this. IMO there is little chance the 9ers trade him unless it is a great offer (1st round pick or similar). I think the FO will let him sit the season before a deal will be made at this point. Message to Boone...Get back on the field and deal with your contract with one more Pro Bowl under you belt!
From what Ive read, the team is willing to redo his contract but Boone has to report as he should.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what Ive read, the team is willing to redo his contract but Boone has to report as he should.
That is the way this FO works for sure...show up to work and they will work out something even it is for the future. VD knows this but I don't know who Boone is talking with to continue this holdout.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the way this FO works for sure...show up to work and they will work out something even it is for the future. VD knows this but I don't know who Boone is talking with to continue this holdout.

Apparently, Boone's agents are known for taking this approach with their clients.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Apparently, Boone's agents are known for taking this approach with their clients.

Which is baffling because his agents should know that the 9ers won't talk contract unless he's in camp.

And it's not like he's a star WR or QB but the second best G on the team so it's not like he's holding a ton of leverage either.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]501442120515743744[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

If it's true and likely is since Gil Brandt isn't one of those types to just throw things out there than Boone's camp is officially a bunch of idiots.

Last edited by a moderator: