• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade Boone

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

No surprise here really.

They have no reason to move him unless they get blown away with an offer thus I don't see them open for business unless the compensation starts at a 2nd rounder.

agree there's no need to move him.

assuming we're "blown away".......whomever trades for him is getting a starting LT, so i'd think it'll be for a 1st rounder? we might have to throw in a 5th or 6th, etc., but wouldn't a starting LT be worth a 1st?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
agree there's no need to move him.

assuming we're "blown away".......whomever trades for him is getting a starting LT, so i'd think it'll be for a 1st rounder? we might have to throw in a 5th or 6th, etc., but wouldn't a starting LT be worth a 1st?

A 2nd and some change would be the most we could hope for.

No team is going to use a 1st on him because they would have to give him a new contract as well so you're better off keeping that draft pick and getting a guy you control on the cheap for 4 years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A 2nd and some change would be the most we could hope for.

No team is going to use a 1st on him because they would have to give him a new contract as well so you're better off keeping that draft pick and getting a guy you control on the cheap for 4 years.

ok, obviously it depends on a person's evaluation of Boone?

if you're looking to trade, then you likely have a decent team right now, just with a big hole at LT. So you won't necessarily want to wait for the next draft, hoping you have a high enough slot? cause generally, you have to pick on the HIGH side of round 1, to get an LT prospect. Then you have to give him a year to acclimate, hoping he pans out.

IMO Boone is already proven enough at OT, so i'd trade if I'm projecting my team as 'decent', I'm thinking it won't be a high 1st round pick, whereas I have a quality LT starting NOW.

a team would work something out with Boone beforehand (unofficially), then make the trade. if Boone is asking for the world, then you back off. Also, Boone isn't old, especially by OL standards.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers are asking for a 1st or 2nd rd pick for Boone. Damn I don't like this. We really need him. Looney just stinks.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
49ers are asking for a 1st or 2nd rd pick for Boone. Damn I don't like this. We really need him. Looney just stinks.

Looney is no Boone but he has been solid and will probably be even better once Davis gets back into the mix.

If we could land a 1st for Boone I would buy the plane ticket myself to send him to his new team.

I would take the 1st, use the money that you're not paying Boone to lock up Iupati, and let Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, and Looney battle it out next year for the spot.

The ideal situation is Martin bumps Kilgore and Thomas is our RG next season.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney is no Boone but he has been solid and will probably be even better once Davis gets back into the mix.

If we could land a 1st for Boone I would buy the plane ticket myself to send him to his new team.

I would take the 1st, use the money that you're not paying Boone to lock up Iupati, and let Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, and Looney battle it out next year for the spot.

I like this idea. Then use the 1st round pick on a RB. Maybe someone like Gurley or Melvin Gordon.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Boone won't budge I would hope the 9ers will be open for a trade...I doubt it but anything can happen.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO no team will be willing to give a 1st round pick for him. 2nd round at best.

Probably not but they also shouldn't trade him for anything short a 2nd rounder(preferably from a team not considered to be very good)

Trading him in one way is like giving in to his demands which is a bad precedence to set for future players/agents.

My only concern with Boone right now is the track record of players who have had long holdouts and missed key time in camp. I'm pretty sure Alex will report by week 1 but I'm not certain he's the best player for the job with all the time he's missed. Looney is actually better suited for guard play than Boone, who didn't have that great of a year last season.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone is getting close to the point of no return. Gotta say...that is one stubborn sonofabitch.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting some bad advice

From who?

I don't know much about agents, but I would think that his agent is getting a cut of his salary. What does his agent get if Boone's salary is 0?

I'm sure there's more to it. But I don't see how any agent could possibly think this is smart for Boone.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From who?

I don't know much about agents, but I would think that his agent is getting a cut of his salary. What does his agent get if Boone's salary is 0?

I'm sure there's more to it. But I don't see how any agent could possibly think this is smart for Boone.

I have read that Boone's agents are known for getting thrir cliens to hold our.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney has been bad. i don't know what games u been watching. We need Boone bad but if he isn't with this team by week 2 we need to trade him.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Looney is the problem at all. Iupati is the one who needs to step it up.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Boone is going to report to camp with a new 2 year deal. This is great news.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good news today....I guess