• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade bait?

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ilya is unrestricted too. And doesn't want to play in WInnipeg.
BUt just to summarize, Pronger sucks, Carle sucks b/c he rides Pronger's sucky coattails, Kimmo is over the hill and therefore sucks. SO let's package our three sucky defenseman that are also overpaid to get one of the best goalies...

Winnipeg still has a team?? :)

I agree about Carle riding Pronger, and assume you're joking about Pronger sucking, if Carle only puts up good number because he's riding Pronger's coat tails.

Truthfully, I think they'll hold onto Pronger the same way they held onto Primeau for the two years after he was able to play, out of respect for the grit he's given the hockey team over the last couple of years. We can definitely discuss more who can/will be traded after the year is over, but I think there's a group of players we can be sure they won't move. Briere I think at this point has got to be considered one of them, no matter what his cap hit is.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As any fellow Flyer fan knows,they have a great nucleus of forwards.
In fact,the Flyers are so deep at centre,that many of them are also playing the wings.
I think they should dangle Carter out there to get a "proven" goalie.Bryzgalov and Vokoun would be my top targets.I would also try to move Timonen and or Pronger while you can still get a decent return for them.

Hartnell is the number one player I'd use as trade bait. Maybe package him with a Carle. Carter is not going to be moved. Also, I don't see Pronger or Timonen being moved either.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with trading for Schneider is that he is another unknown. He might be an all-star, or the next Maxime Ouillett. We have gone that route before. Its not like the Flyers organization doesn't spend money. If you are going to spend, get Ilya. Maybe Vokoun. But even that I am not that excited about.

Agreed.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Carles value is high right now. I would love to see him gone after this season. Overpaid and only putting up the numbers he does because of Pronger

Actually, I think this season that Carle has proven that to be completely false.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ilya is unrestricted too. And doesn't want to play in WInnipeg.
BUt just to summarize, Pronger sucks, Carle sucks b/c he rides Pronger's sucky coattails, Kimmo is over the hill and therefore sucks. SO let's package our three sucky defenseman that are also overpaid to get one of the best goalies...

Hahaha!!!!

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WHy does everything think that our crap will net us a Cup Caliber goaltender? And to say that Carle is garbage seems to be something that most fans would disagree with. Much like Kimmo, he has shelved some decent offensive ability to play good defense. No doubt Pronger makes him better, but he is 25, and has not been a liability once out there since Pronger got hurt. WOuld I rather have Shea Weber? Yeah, but Carle is a legit top 3 guy on virtually every team.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHy does everything think that our crap will net us a Cup Caliber goaltender? And to say that Carle is garbage seems to be something that most fans would disagree with. Much like Kimmo, he has shelved some decent offensive ability to play good defense. No doubt Pronger makes him better, but he is 25, and has not been a liability once out there since Pronger got hurt. WOuld I rather have Shea Weber? Yeah, but Carle is a legit top 3 guy on virtually every team.

^^^^ Yup.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

if this is true..by all means Matt Carle forget about playing the "phenomenal" defense and unleash your offensive ability! ha he is not playing good defense in fact he looks timid out there. he needs to show me the offense that we traded for, thats why he was paired with pronger to speed around and score while prongs stayed home and shutdown. he is not valuable other than a decent dman, overpaid and underproducing.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How come nobody mentioned Coburn.............The worst Flyer D next to Chris Therian to ever take the puck out of our zone!

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come nobody mentioned Coburn.............The worst Flyer D next to Chris Therian to ever take the puck out of our zone!

I don't know. Overall, this has been a very good year for Coburn, imo.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carle had the best =/- on the team, and was the highest scoring defenseman on the team as well. Maybe his stats aren't where you want them, but to me that is more indicative of the system and how our defense is positioned than him.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish to hell,coburn would start using his size to clear out guys in front of the net.
It seems to me that Mezaros is the only d-man who is willing to hit constantly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is fine, really. We've been without Pronger for awhile and that forces Syvret into a spot that we don't want him in. Meszaros, Timonen, Coburn and Carle are still solid as a top four, we're just relying on them too much. I think that our forwards have dropped the ball defensively however and obviously we need an upgrade in net.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boosh is gone to.
Zherdev is not comingback.
Leighton should not be comingback. Trade bait! Or bury in the minors.
Versteeg should be sent packing. Trade bait!
O'Donnel will probably retire. bartulis will take over #6 D-man
Leino needs to be resigned.
Bryzgalov should be signed, and he would be a good fit to help BOB. If he wants too much $, then Volkun will be just fine to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Bryzgalov may be headed to the KHL and Vokoun may go to Russia as well or even stay with Florida short term. I just don't know anymore. There have to be other options out there.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
who has a good backup and need for forwards? that is the team we should trade with, a shakeup is needed, this team is too buddy buddy and they suck.