• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Advice

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, it's a 12 team H2H points league. Guy's offering Hanley and needs a catcher. I've got Mauer as my starter, with Salvador Perez on the bench. He won't go for Sally P., is Mauer for Hanley worth it with Perez sliding into the C spot? I've got Moustakas at 3rd and Rutledge at short presently.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, it's a 12 team H2H points league. Guy's offering Hanley and needs a catcher. I've got Mauer as my starter, with Salvador Perez on the bench. He won't go for Sally P., is Mauer for Hanley worth it with Perez sliding into the C spot? I've got Moustakas at 3rd and Rutledge at short presently.

:gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah::gaah:

IMO, you would be taking 2 risks in hopes of being rewarded. You are risking that Perez starts to get big boy hits, and hoping that Hanley can stay healthy & motivated, and get back to be the Hanley that won a batting title.

That is a bit too much risk for me. If you can avoid ever asking the question "what if", I would stand pat. :2cents:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the season started, I would have drafted Hanley before Mauer... I'd probably still do this deal (assuming his position elig will help you?). Mauer is no more of a lock for a full season than Hanley.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And imho, both risks BigD talks about, while very real, are less than the risk of running Moustakas out there everyday :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And imho, both risks BigD talks about, while very real, are less than the risk of running Moustakas out there everyday :)

And if I was paying better attention, I would have seen that as well Phil.

I don't think today is my day. :lame:

As the deal does involve am almost certain upgrade over Moose, who is hitting more Mouse, then I think you have to go for it.

I have been sitting on Moose in our league just as I was sitting on Dunn, and if he does not shape up and fast, he will be heading for the same waiver wire fate from me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the consensus. Hanley will be back soon, and the difference between he and Moustakas is much greater than the difference between Mauer and Sally P, regardless of whether or not Perez shows up.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Offer that deal. I cut Moustakas about a week ago and haven't looked back. I think the upside to Hanley far outweighs and risk you're taking. IMO, it doesn't seem Moustakas will outperform Hanley anyway wehn he does return, even if he takes a bit to regain form.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even is a 12 team h2h league I'm sure there is a catcher out there that is hitting that you can put in your lineup for the time being until Perez starts hitting. I agree, with the masses above me, take Hanley.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it, still waiting on a response, so I cancelled the trade and picked up Arenado for Moustakas. If he still wants to deal, he knows where to find me.