• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toughest Conference heading into 2020 season..

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with Art is that good defensive Coordinators figured out it was gonna be streaks, a screen or inside run, rinse, repeat lol
Yep. We'll see if baby Briles learned from the past and adjusts.

What's crazy is that his best coaching job (or his staff's) was the year they ran out of QBs. So, in their bowl game the ran what was essentially the old single wing. Had something like 650 yards rushing.

WhoWasBert

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would honestly put the PAC last right now. At least the ACC has dominant Clemson in it.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. We'll see if baby Briles learned from the past and adjusts.

What's crazy is that his best coaching job (or his staff's) was the year they ran out of QBs. So, in their bowl game the ran what was essentially the old single wing. Had something like 650 yards rushing.
that was vs NC or NC state right? Was Art's best coaching

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was vs NC or NC state right? Was Art's best coaching
Looked it up...and you are right. Tar Heels in Orlando. Prior to that bowl game, Baylor lost three of the last four to finish Big 12 play.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked it up...and you are right. Tar Heels in Orlando. Prior to that bowl game, Baylor lost three of the last four to finish Big 12 play.
I'm no fan of the Veer and shoot. Seems that it only works for Art TBH. Sterlin Gilbert maybe called 2 slant passes his entire season with UT under strong.. Baby Briles was getting the same criticism at FSU last season as well. We'll see how it works at Arkansas this season.. I forgot where Sterlin ended up after getting canned at South Florida

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would honestly put the PAC last right now. At least the ACC has dominant Clemson in it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

One team doesn’t make a conference skip.

There was one ACC team in the final AP top 25, 2 in the coaches and playoff with Virginia getting the pity vote at 25. Booth conference weren’t up there but there could be an argument that a G5 was better than the ACC last year.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There was one ACC team in the final AP top 25, 2 in the coaches and playoff with Virginia getting the pity vote at 25. Booth conference weren’t up there but there could be an argument that a G5 was better than the ACC last year.
giphy.gif

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We playing collegiate fooooootball in Tejas this year Sir?
Beats the hell out of me. The agnut pres said they were so there is that. And the other university presidents said they were planning on students returning to campus in the fall. So, right now I'd say yes but w/o fans or with a limited number of 'em. But that may just be me holding on to a flicker of optimism.

The guvnah "opened us up" this week in my little town we went from 2 cases to 11 in a three days! But, we ain't the sharpest knives in the drawer either. (In fact, I think we are breeding stupidity sometimes.)

Dumb shits took "opening up" to mean act just like you did in May 2019! :L

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ralphie is right. Obviously Clemson is better than Oregon, but the middle of the PAC & bottom of the PAC is stronger than the ACC. Either way both conferences nut swingers are looking up at the BIGS and SEC.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average FPI ranking by Big 12 team: 33.6

The word: Here's a surprise — the Big 12 enters the 2020 season as potentially college football's most competitive league. Thanks to top-to-bottom balance per ESPN's FPI, the Big 12 features two title contenders — Oklahoma at No. 10 and Texas at No. 11 — along with several teams on the verge, including Oklahoma State (No. 17) and Iowa State (No. 27). With nine teams in the Top 45, the Big 12 flexes strength across the league with Kansas being the lone bottom-dweller (No. 98). The FPI projects West Virginia and Texas Tech to also rebound in 2020 as possible bowl teams.
Average FPI ranking by Big 12 team: 33.6

The word: Here's a surprise — the Big 12 enters the 2020 season as potentially college football's most competitive league. Thanks to top-to-bottom balance per ESPN's FPI, the Big 12 features two title contenders — Oklahoma at No. 10 and Texas at No. 11 — along with several teams on the verge, including Oklahoma State (No. 17) and Iowa State (No. 27). With nine teams in the Top 45, the Big 12 flexes strength across the league with Kansas being the lone bottom-dweller (No. 98). The FPI projects West Virginia and Texas Tech to also rebound in 2020 as possible bowl teams.

Seems a little surprising

It really isn't, the gap between the top middle then lower half of the B16, SEC, ACC, and PAC is growing wider and wider. Not that ou isn't doing the same but week in, week out.. Big 12 is crapshoot because of QB play. My whole argument with the SEC thing was, they didn't have elite QBs throwing the ball around in spread offenses 7 years ago. Defense doesn't travel week in week out like pass happy offenses who scheme to pick on your LBs or your big LB looking safety.
Sure when it came to the bowl games and CFP, you could prepare and get healthy enough for 3 weeks or so til the game. But doing that in conference play over and over will leave you vulnerable.

Nothing quite adds a splash of reality to preseason predictions than going 0-3 against the Sun Belt Conference, then having one of those Week 1 losers knock off the league's best team on the road in Week 4.