• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tosh Lupoi under investigation for possible violations

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't move him until after the bowl game. If they believe he is guilty of this I'm sure he will be gone the day after that game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bb4RfF_CUAA-GZg.jpg

Just get rid of the guy. The cloud over his head isn't going away until he does. It's followed him from Cal, and it got bigger here.

Whats the hold up? Move on...

Alright, I'm not drunk so I'm gonna say it:

What if Tosh is telling the truth? And this is some BS story to get him out of his contract with UW?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I'm not drunk so I'm gonna say it:

What if Tosh is telling the truth? And this is some BS story to get him out of his contract with UW?

When it comes to stuff like this I tend to lean on the "He is probably guilty" side. It does not surprise me this happened. What does surprise me is that he spent $4,500 on a mid tier 3 star DT.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to stuff like this I tend to lean on the "He is probably guilty" side. It does not surprise me this happened. What does surprise me is that he spent $4,500 on a mid tier 3 star DT.
That, and that he paid the high school coach himself instead of using boosters like every other freaking school in D1. :gaah: Never leave the trail of money back to an actual coach. Isn't that cheating 101?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, and that he paid the high school coach himself instead of using boosters like every other freaking school in D1. :gaah: Never leave the trail of money back to an actual coach. Isn't that cheating 101?

Well he does sort of look like a retard.

628x471.jpg

That is just a face you expect to see riding a short bus.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW, USC Investigating Allegations Against Washington FB Assistant

Basham’s mother, Cindy Powers, denied any wrongdoing in a text message to The Seattle Times on Thursday evening.

“We paid for Andrew’s tutoring with our credit card and it had nothing to do with Tosh,” she said.

Basham is still hoping to get into a junior college to play football, Davis said.

“Once Andrew didn’t make it (into UW), they didn’t have any contact with him, and I think that’s just a poor way of doing something,” Davis told The Seattle Times. “They wined and dined him and pumped him up ... when maybe they should’ve said, ‘You’re a great kid and you’re going to be a great football player, but maybe the (UW) is not really for you right now.’”

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then it's the 2nd time in his young career that someone supposedly went after him for this kind of stuff. Riiiiight....

Where theres smoke theres fire, and this guy makes a lot of smoke it seems.

But if it is all BS good on him. He'll be able to collect a bigger check when he's let go and can find a new job someplace a lot faster than if it proves to be true.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he does sort of look like a retard.

628x471.jpg

That is just a face you expect to see riding a short bus.

:laugh3: I seriously spit my coffee out reading that...

Seriously the next time I have to drag my piece of crap ex in court I want you to come got a feeling the judges here would have a melt down on you instead of me...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it's the 2nd time in his young career that someone supposedly went after him for this kind of stuff. Riiiiight....

Where theres smoke theres fire, and this guy makes a lot of smoke it seems.

But if it is all BS good on him. He'll be able to collect a bigger check when he's let go and can find a new job someplace a lot faster than if it proves to be true.

I didn't know he had a former complaint, again I was just saying is all not siding...

But for the record, I do blame sark, this isnt a booster thing, its one of your coaches, you hired, I'm having a hard time if he gets off clean, I'm sure TF12 and I will butt heads on this one but I feel very strong about a head coach taken his fair damage from one of his guys...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he had a former complaint, again I was just saying is all not siding...

But for the record, I do blame sark, this isnt a booster thing, its one of your coaches, you hired, I'm having a hard time if he gets off clean, I'm sure TF12 and I will butt heads on this one but I feel very strong about a head coach taken his fair damage from one of his guys...

Well people who can't understand theres new bylaws governing this stuff are in for a wake up call. It doesn't matter a whole lot if USC already investigated Sark and found he had no knowledge. The NCAA isn't going to take their word for it.

If we read and understand the information we have available to us correctly, this is certainly going to weigh on Sark a lot more than UW. If this is all there is. The burden of proof will be on him to prove he had no knowledge, and I think that will prove to be a difficult task.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summary of what we know so far:

An unknown whistle blower said to be from the Seattle area who had at one point had ties with UW came forward and reported to UW, USC, and some jackoff from the LA Times (odd if he is from here that he chose a cali paper?) that he had heard through 'circles' about a transaction involving Tosh Lupoi giving a high school coach (Mike Davis) money twice to help a recent recruit that had just signed a letter of intent (Andrew Basham) get some tutoring to help him academically qualify for the program.

The source of this whistle blowers information was said to have been from someone in Davis' circle of friends.

Davis was confronted and said he was given $3000 in february for a tutor to help him prep for a test and gave it to him in a brown paper bag at the Ram restaurant. He also claimed that Lupoi invited him, his wife, and Basham to the campus offices in may where he gave him $1,500 in a coffee cup to give to Basham's father to reimburse them for online classes his son took to further help him qualify. He is said to have given bank statements showing he deposited the cash on both occasions to his account.

Basham's mother has released a statement saying it is untrue and that they paid for his tutor and classes on their credit card and it had nothing to do with Tosh.

So what we have so far is this high school coach telling his friends he received money from Tosh and someone in his circle shared it with some random person who sat on this information for months before coming out with it all of a sudden recently. When confronted the coach is all too happy to repeat the same story for all who will listen. Lupoi and the students parents are denying his account. The only evidence in this case that is known is the word of this high school coach and some bank statements showing he deposited $3000 in february and $1500 in may. Conveniently that coach is already no longer employed by the school he coached at.

At this time it has to at least be possible the coach isn't telling the truth, but even if he is there won't be a paper trail that leads back to Tosh unless they can find bank records of his accounts withdrawing those amounts around the same time. Without that there won't be any way to tack this on him because it is just a he said, she said situation.

If he is guilty of doing this then I'd find it hard to believe it was an isolated event and I'd expect any reasonable inquiry to dig up more examples and some sort of a smoking gun. If (IF TF12... IF) that were the case I would expect the NCAA to come down rather heavily on Sark and at the very least they would be recruiting restrictions of some sort handed down to UW if not a loss of scholarships as well. We are a long way away from anything of that sort right now.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark might have some trouble down at USC before this is all done.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your best guess, is Tosh gone shortly after the bowl game, before the bowl game, or staying on for the near future? If they let him go before the bowl game does that make it look like the U thinks there is fire behind that smoke?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your best guess, is Tosh gone shortly after the bowl game, before the bowl game, or staying on for the near future? If they let him go before the bowl game does that make it look like the U thinks there is fire behind that smoke?

I think you were right before, he wont go anywhere until after the bowl. Just wouldn't be fair to the kids at this point when nothing has been proven yet.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just cause must be proven before they release him, they would have a messy situation on there hands if they showed him the door now. And to be honest these kids have been shit on already with there head coach leaving, the process takes time on this so let it run it's course, which will be well after the bowl game next week and move on from there.

I can honestly say that there is no way Petersen keeps him on staff after what ever comes out, there is to much "drama" with Tosh and Petersen runs clean programs, he doesn't have drama around him...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lupoi was probably going to be gone even if this never happened. Petersen wants his guys in there and lets face it, lupoi was a hired gun to begin with that has no ties to UW and not expectation of any program loyalty. In fact the word loyalty means nothing to him as he bailed on his own alma mater for a few coins. My question was due to all the chatter saying lupoi might be dismissed before the bowl game and wondering what everyone here thinks are the chances of that.

I personally think he is staying until after the bowl game and will quietly be dismissed at some point in the days after it just as he would have been without this event.