• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torrian Gray

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what you know about him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a very solid secondary coach for us when he was here. There's some mixed info on what led to his departure, but coaching wise he was great. We've yet to recover from losing him though that may reflect more on Fuente's staff decision making than it does about how great Gray is.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that he prefers the NFL to college because he doesn't want to recruit anymore.
There is a chance that Shane Beamer may have talked him into rejoining the college ranks.

...losing his NFL job probably encouraged this as well.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a chance that Shane Beamer may have talked him into rejoining the college ranks.

...losing his NFL job probably encouraged this as well.

My main point is that even if he does come back then he will most likely jump ship after a year or so when someone else offers him an NFL gig. He's not coming back to VT either way as long as Fuente is still there, but if JF gets fired soon and Bud retires soon then I hope VT offers him a defensive coordinator spot. He was a good position coach and motivator. Wasnt Oklahoma considering Gray's replacement Brian Mitchell a few days ago? That's what VT insiders on 247 said.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt Oklahoma considering Gray's replacement Brian Mitchell a few days ago? That's what VT insiders on 247 said.
:noidea:

Gray is the only VT-linked name I've heard thus far...but I'm nowhere near being as connected as I used to be. All my "sources" are now either dead or just don't get as much info now that Bob is gone.

I'm not sure who is in command in these position searches between Lincoln Riley and Alex Grinch...I don't care who it is as long as they can improve on the shitshow we've dealt with for years now defensively.

I sure thought Fuente would have had WAY more success than he has so far. :L

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Gray is the only VT-linked name I've heard thus far...but I'm nowhere near being as connected as I used to be. All my "sources" are now either dead or just don't get as much info now that Bob is gone.

I'm not sure who is in command in these position searches between Lincoln Riley and Alex Grinch...I don't care who it is as long as they can improve on the shitshow we've dealt with for years now defensively.

I sure thought Fuente would have had WAY more success than he has so far. :L

Well Gray is definitely a good DB coach.....just not sure if OK wouldn't be better off with someone actually willing/expecting to move their way up in the college coaching world and not just as a pay check until he can get an NFL gig. From what i can tell TG just really didn't get into the prima donna shit that comes with recruiting. He was a decent recruiter for VT but i'm sure a lot of that had to do with his reputation as a developer of talent and not being a "salesman."