• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top QB this week?

Which QB do you think will have the best game this week?

• Kaeprnick

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Wilson

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Brady

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Manning

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. hair splitter thinks he has a point.

Brady's performances in big games >>>>>>> Manning's choketastic performances in big games.

Peyton has a TON more talent this year, and it's not even close. So it's anyone's game. But Brady is easily the best QB left playing.

:10:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's performances in big games >>>>>>> Manning's choketastic performances in big games.

I normally avoid the Brady v. Manning debates, since both have been such great players for so long that trying to prop one up at the expense of the other is an exercise best left to others. The claim that you make here, however, is too misleading to not address it. While Brady did get off to an incredibly successful start to his postseason career -- in the sense that his team won the first ten games of that career -- since that time (i.e., 2005 -- the past nine years), Manning and his teams have actually fared better than the Pats in the postseason.

That history, of course, does not very much inform what will happen this Sunday. Rather, which team -- including the diabolically brilliant, but equally evil, BB and the affable Foxy led coaching staffs -- performs best will determine which team advances to the SB!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so you are what 22 to 25?

Why? The question wasn't which QB will have the best career or which QB is the GOAT, the question was which QB will have the best week?

If you are talking about strictly passing then I say Manning, but if you are including total QB play it might be one of the young guys. Put it this way: If Manning (or Brady) threw for 350 yds and 3 TDs, but Wilson (or Kaep) threw for 175 yds and 2 TDs plus ran for 70 yd and 1 more TD, which QB had the better game? The question becomes a bit harder then doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? The question wasn't which QB will have the best career or which QB is the GOAT, the question was which QB will have the best week?

If you are talking about strictly passing then I say Manning, but if you are including total QB play it might be one of the young guys. Put it this way: If Manning (or Brady) threw for 350 yds and 3 TDs, but Wilson (or Kaep) threw for 175 yds and 2 TDs plus ran 2 more TDs in which QB had the better game? The question becomes a bit harder then doesn't it?

The question becomes though do you see either Kaep or Wilson really having a game that good against these defenses. I mean even in the 29-3 beat down Wilson threw for under 50% with 1 touchdown and 1 interception. To me this is where match up comes into play in figuring out who will have the better day. Obviously Peyton and Brady don't have to go against the defense that Wilson and Kaep do. For Peyton he also has 5 weapons around him that have 10 or more touchdowns this season plus throw in a beautiful 60 degree day with no wind. For Brady he is going against a pretty broken down pass defense of the Broncos and could choose to air it out and see if they can win a shoot out. I just think the Broncos/Patriots game sets up for a more high scoring type game that will depend upon the quarterbacks more than what we will see in the Seattle/San Fran game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question becomes though do you see either Kaep or Wilson really having a game that good against these defenses. I mean even in the 29-3 beat down Wilson threw for under 50% with 1 touchdown and 1 interception. To me this is where match up comes into play in figuring out who will have the better day. Obviously Peyton and Brady don't have to go against the defense that Wilson and Kaep do. For Peyton he also has 5 weapons around him that have 10 or more touchdowns this season plus throw in a beautiful 60 degree day with no wind. For Brady he is going against a pretty broken down pass defense of the Broncos and could choose to air it out and see if they can win a shoot out. I just think the Broncos/Patriots game sets up for a more high scoring type game that will depend upon the quarterbacks more than what we will see in the Seattle/San Fran game.

If I could see into the future like that my friend I would be in a Las Vegas penthouse with supermodels licking Haagen-Daas off my nuts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could see into the future like that my friend I would be in a Las Vegas penthouse with supermodels licking Haagen-Daas off my nuts.

The question at hand though is who do you realistically see having the best day not who do you hope. Do you realistically see kaep or Wilson doing that well considering who they are up against? To me that answer is no.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question at hand though is who do you realistically see having the best day not who do you hope. Do you realistically see kaep or Wilson doing that well considering who they are up against? To me that answer is no.

Realistically I'd still stay with Manning. He's already had a record season so I don't see why that won't continue this weekend.

It isn't impossible to imagine Wilson having a decent game either. The Seahawks have put up pretty good points against SF the past two times they've played at the Clink. Wilson threw for 4 TDs against this same SF defense in the first game at the Clink, all be it that was 13 months ago. But it shows he is capable of a big day against the SF defense if nothing else. Kaep on the other hand, has never had a big day against the Seattle Defense whether at home or away. He just hasn't played well against Seattle so it seems less likely that he'd be in the conversation for best QB this weekend.

Honestly, homer in me aside, I'd rank them this way for the weekend:

1. Manning
  2. Brady
  3. Wilson
  4. Kaep

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically I'd still stay with Manning. He's already had a record season so I don't see why that won't continue this weekend.

It isn't impossible to imagine Wilson having a decent game either. The Seahawks have put up pretty good points against SF the past two times they've played at the Clink. Wilson threw for 4 TDs against this same SF defense in the first game at the Clink, all be it that was 13 months ago. But it shows he is capable of a big day against the SF defense if nothing else. Kaep on the other hand, has never had a big day against the Seattle Defense whether at home or away. He just hasn't played well against Seattle so it seems less likely that he'd be in the conversation for best QB this weekend.

Honestly, homer in me aside, I'd rank them this way for the weekend:

1. Manning
  2. Brady
  3. Wilson
  4. Kaep

It definitely isn't impossible as you just never have a clue what could happen. I don't think anybody saw Nick Foles tying the NFL record of 7 touchdowns earlier this year. Of the two in the NFC I agree Wilson is the more likely of the two to have a big day. I like Wilson and think he has star written all over him just think that this is one of those games that Seattle will stick with what got them here in run the ball and play great defense waiting for San Fran to make some mistakes. I just think in the AFC the two quarterbacks will be more featured but who knows. Anything can happen come playoffs.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any doubt it is Peyton Manning. Manning is coming off of the greatest regular season in NFL history and has by far the best supporting cast on offense.