• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Assistant Coaches

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he had a shot a couple of years ago. If I remember right he was on the short list for their HC gig but ended up as OC for Oregon.

San Jose State is one of the worst D1 jobs available. I get love for your Alma Mater but with his recruiting abilities and offensive pedigree I'm guessing his sights are aimed higher
Glad you put that "one" in there.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose State is one of the worst D1 jobs available. I get love for your Alma Mater but with his recruiting abilities and offensive pedigree I'm guessing his sights are aimed higher
No one looks at San Jose State as a destination job. It really is a proving ground (as are all G5 jobs, really.) If a person is successful at SJSU, he'll move up to a better job (as was the case for Mike MacIntyre), but if a person bilges out at SJSU, he is probably cooked for a while (as was the case with Ron Caragher). Either way, no one should expect to stick around for a long term stay.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one looks at San Jose State as a destination job. It really is a proving ground (as are all G5 jobs, really.) If a person is successful at SJSU, he'll move up to a better job (as was the case for Mike MacIntyre), but if a person bilges out at SJSU, he is probably cooked for a while (as was the case with Ron Caragher). Either way, no one should expect to stick around for a long term stay.
:dingdingding:
Unless a G5 has a Phil Knight or Boone Pickens that is willing to spend their entire net worth on their alma mater, there is no way a G5 team can keep up with even the lowest of the P5s.

I guess the other way is if they were able to hire a coach that was independently wealthy.

I think G5s just accept the fact that they'll leave after they've done well for you. At least they've done well.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dingdingding:
Unless a G5 has a Phil Knight or Boone Pickens that is willing to spend their entire net worth on their alma mater, there is no way a G5 team can keep up with even the lowest of the P5s.

I guess the other way is if they were able to hire a coach that was independently wealthy.

I think G5s just accept the fact that they'll leave after they've done well for you. At least they've done well.
One exception was Dick Tomey, who was basically looking to coach in a job from which he could retire. (He ended up returning to Hawaii as an assistant anyhow.)