• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 50 FAs

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see who gets Franchised out of this list. Goldson, Welker, Rice, Avril, All seem most likely with Bowe, DeSean, and Finley as possibilities.

Do the Texans Not Franchise Mario? That would seem crazy to me.

Okay. Just saw the tag is 22.9 million That is not so crazy. But can they afford to let him walk?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Just saw the tag is 22.9 million That is not so crazy. But can they afford to let him walk?

IDK, tough call, with the 3-4 look now, their defense was still one of the best without him...

they could use that money to further advance the offense OR other areas of the defense/STs

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Texans letting him walk because as Calamity stated, their defense was just fine without him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Robert Mathis: He is coming off his best season but turns 31 this month and is older than some teams would like for free agents. He has improved against the run and could easily make the transition from 4-3 end to 3-4 rush 'backer.

I assume he meant "isn't" coming off his best season. I agree with him about a relatively easy transition to OLB.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Mathis: He is coming off his best season but turns 31 this month and is older than some teams would like for free agents. He has improved against the run and could easily make the transition from 4-3 end to 3-4 rush 'backer.

I assume he meant "isn't" coming off his best season. I agree with him about a relatively easy transition to OLB.

You would really have us break the bank for Mathis when he is 31 and would be transitioned to OLB? What if we can get Brooks for a reasonable deal and have the opportunity to add a solid WR? No way i want us going after Mathis.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Texans letting him walk because as Calamity stated, their defense was just fine without him.

Yeah, i can see them letting him walk as well. He makes a better 4-3 DE IMO. It would be interesting to see what team would go after him...the Bucs, Jets, Titans, Lions?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I guess this is as good a thread as any to bump...

Now that Brooks, Rogers & Manningham have signed, here's my remaining wish list in no particular order after the first three:

1. Peyton (duh)
2. Tedd Gin Jr.
3. Tyler Brayton.

It gets a little fuzzy after that, but I'd probably want one OL. Even if Kilgore starts it'd be nice to have a little depth.

I'd be open to signing the following for really cheap:

Adam Carriker, Abrayou Franklin, Manny Lawson, Shaun Ellis, Tommy Harris, Jamaal Anderson

I'd be willing to spend a little coin on a pass rusher like MarK Anderson, and I'd be open to rolling the dice on Robert Gallery. I'd be open to trying to sign Kareem Mckenzie & converting him to RG or signing Jeff Faine. But that's about it. Anything outside of that could be addressed in the draft.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be open to signing the following for really cheap:

Adam Carriker, Abrayou Franklin, Manny Lawson, Shaun Ellis, Tommy Harris, Jamaal Anderson

I'd be willing to spend a little coin on a pass rusher like MarK Anderson, and I'd be open to rolling the dice on Robert Gallery. I'd be open to trying to sign Kareem Mckenzie & converting him to RG or signing Jeff Faine. But that's about it. Anything outside of that could be addressed in the draft.

Carriker re-signed with Washington. 4 years, 20M. 3.7M guaranteed and a 3M signing bonus. Eligible for annual $50,000 offseason workout bonuses and $250,000 roster bonuses throughout the contract's duration. Base salaries of: $700,000 (2012), $3.7M (2013), $4.7M and a $2M option bonus (2014),$4.7M (2015).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh thanks C to tha P...

Forgot to mention I'd like Rachal back for the minimum & Reggie Smith for near that.