• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 TE's for 2015?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 TE's by receiving yards in 2014 for reference purposes

Gronk: 1124
Olsen: 1008
Bennett: 916
Walker: 890
Graham: 889

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously every list should start with Gronk at the top.

1) Gronk--Easy choice
2) Graham--He won't get the targets this year that he did with New Orleans but the guy will be a touchdown machine in the Red Zone
3) Jason Witten--I think with the OL the Cowboys have that Witten will have a great year. The run game won't be quite as good as last year so there will be some more throwing opportunities in my opinion and Witten will get a decent number of those.
4) Travis Kelce--I honestly almost put him as my #2. This kid is looking like a huge break out candidate. I only put him here because he has Alex Smith as his QB and a terrible OL that will make the passing game very difficult.
5) Owen Daniels--A little bit of a homer pick but Manning has shown that pretty much any TE that plays with him goes on to have a career year.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously every list should start with Gronk at the top.

1) Gronk--Easy choice
2) Graham--He won't get the targets this year that he did with New Orleans but the guy will be a touchdown machine in the Red Zone
3) Jason Witten--I think with the OL the Cowboys have that Witten will have a great year. The run game won't be quite as good as last year so there will be some more throwing opportunities in my opinion and Witten will get a decent number of those.
4) Travis Kelce--I honestly almost put him as my #2. This kid is looking like a huge break out candidate. I only put him here because he has Alex Smith as his QB and a terrible OL that will make the passing game very difficult.
5) Owen Daniels--A little bit of a homer pick but Manning has shown that pretty much any TE that plays with him goes on to have a career year.

Ownen Daniels??? Wasn't the OP asking for opinions on the Top 5 TE's?

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, pure homer pick, but that's cool, we all should be forgiven one homer pick.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking all around here. Blocking, receiving, everything.

Gronk
Graham
Kelce
Olsen
Miller

Bennett gets an honorable mention.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, pure homer pick, but that's cool, we all should be forgiven one homer pick.
Crockett Gilmore.
2nd

Crockett Gilmore 6'6" 275lb second year man caught 2 tds in the playoffs last year is being cited as a huge upgrade for the Ravens this year at OTA's.

***homer pick***

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure but they showed some 6'5 guys on Carolina

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk, Graham, Kelce, witten, Olsen

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cave_Johnso 4514 said:
I'm talking all around here. Blocking, receiving, everything.

Gronk
Graham
Kelce
Olsen
Miller

Bennett gets an honorable mention.
Not sure I include Graham in the same breath with blocking? Stud receiver, great runner but blocking? Not so much.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Gronk
2. Bennett
3. Graham
4. Gresham
5. Kelce (too many fumbles or I'd put him higher)
Sleeper picks Chandler not sure he'll get enough touches? But if he plays half as good for the Pats as he did against them he's a new super star. I always like to predict a rookie that will do well. So I'm going with Jace Amaro. I was high on him pre-draft so hoipng he does well.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I include Graham in the same breath with blocking? Stud receiver, great runner but blocking? Not so much.

I'm not saying he's a top 5 blocking TE, but even if you take everything into account he's still top 5 overall due to the receiving threat he brings.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it really that far of a stretch? I mean if we are talking statistics alone then having Peyton Manning as QB who loves his TE's makes sense to have him on the list. A great example is that of 2010 when Dallas Clark coming off a great year the season before with over a thousand yards receiving gets hurt half way through the season. In steps Jacob Tamme who the most before that season had 35 yards receiving. He steps in during week 8 of the season for the Colts and goes on to put up 630 yards receiving. You have that average out over the whole season and the guy is in the top-5 TE's in the NFL yet before that season would anybody have predicted Jacob Tamme would put up some of the best TE stats of any TE in the NFL? Probably not. Some of this has to be what the QB can do for the TE as yes there are plenty of guys I would put ahead of Daniels if they all had the same level of QB. For me I love Charles Clay and in the right system he would be great but he is now with the Bills who have maybe the worst QB situation in the league.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski are the two most talented TEs in the NFL right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Graham statistically doesn't match his yardage/catch totals he had in New Orleans due to the fact that the Seahawks throw the ball a significant amount less than the Saints. I expect him to see a lot of targets in the red zone though, and there is a strong chance he could match his touchdown total, if not exceed his prior TD numbers he had with the Saints.

No disrespect to Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin, but they are not significant red zone threats due to their lack of size. I expect Graham to see a significant number of targets when the Seahawks get into the red zone. I could see Graham's yardage total to drop into the 700s, but I'd be surprised if he didn't surpass 10 TD catches this upcoming year.