• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Movies of 2014 (So Far)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my top 5

1. Lego movie

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. X men

4. Enemy- movies like this might not be enjoyed by the masses, but you NEED to talk about it

5. The Drop- just a very good movie and I am shocked it didn't get more attention from the masses

Honorable mention to the other Marvel movies...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie works on many levels, imo. Its the only movie that Ive actually thought about much after leaving the film.

if you want to see a movie that will make you think after the movie and talk about, you must see ENEMY...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interstellar was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. With as many great blockbusters as this year had, I don't know how that could be the one people gravitate to.

I normally catch all of the Best Picture nominees, but haven't seen any yet besides Boyhood and Grand Budapest Hotel. GBH was fine, but definitely not best picture worthy. Boyhood is so tough to grade...the parents were done so well, but the kid just didn't seem to develop well at all. It was an awful character study, because his personality seemed to shift yearly without any explanation. I wouldn't have a problem with it winning awards, though. Mason Sr. was probably the best done character in a movie that I can ever remember. Both parents deserve Supporting Actor wins.

Gone Girl was the most enjoyable 2014 movie I saw. The Lego Movie was probably the best.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interstellar was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. With as many great blockbusters as this year had, I don't know how that could be the one people gravitate to.

I normally catch all of the Best Picture nominees, but haven't seen any yet besides Boyhood and Grand Budapest Hotel. GBH was fine, but definitely not best picture worthy. Boyhood is so tough to grade...the parents were done so well, but the kid just didn't seem to develop well at all. It was an awful character study, because his personality seemed to shift yearly without any explanation. I wouldn't have a problem with it winning awards, though. Mason Sr. was probably the best done character in a movie that I can ever remember. Both parents deserve Supporting Actor wins.

Gone Girl was the most enjoyable 2014 movie I saw. The Lego Movie was probably the best.

I have not seen any of the nominees yet either, but I am a little surprised Interstellar did not get a nom. I thought it was a GREAT movie. The cast was impressive, the story was compelling and the SFX were AT WORST acceptable. Granted, the "power" of the movie did not last as long as I would have thought, but I am surprised by the lack of love it is getting by Oscar. 2001 was all over Oscar, and this movie reminded me a lot of 2001.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyhood
Imitation Game
Whiplash
St Vincent
Nightcrawler

The Drop was great too.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. The Drop- just a very good movie and I am shocked it didn't get more attention from the masses

"Go out for a dinner still dressed like you're in your living room. You wear those big hippity hoppity clown shoes and you speak to women terribly. You treat them despicably. You hurt harmless dogs that can't even defend themselves. I'm tired of you man. I'm tired of you, you embarrass me. You know he would've kept coming back. That's what he would've done. People like this they take something from you, and you let them, they just act like they can keep coming back and you still owe them something and they never, never change. You can never change their mind."

Hardy was great in that movie. That scene summed it up.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen all of those movies listed.
I know I'll be in the minority, but I rather liked "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Jersey Boys". But because both lack any computer generated anything, I suspect they didn't keep many of the little pea brains activated for very long.

Was a 2013 movie.