• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 30 QB Prospects of the Modern Era

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of guys can look the part in college too though.

Even though Haskins as an example has a strong arm he is able to make very easy throws about 85 percent of the time. We will see how adjusts to the NFL

I'm not trying to dump on the guy, but I just didn't really see next level stuff from him. I was way more impressed with Watson when he beat Alabama for example, yet people act like Lawrence is worlds better and I just plain do not see it.

When Clemson beat Alabama with Watson, I felt like they couldn't have done it without Watson. This past time around, I think they could have done it with Bryant.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to dump on the guy, but I just didn't really see next level stuff from him. I was way more impressed with Watson when he beat Alabama for example, yet people act like Lawrence is worlds better and I just plain do not see it.

When Clemson beat Alabama with Watson, I felt like they couldn't have done it without Watson. This past time around, I think they could have done it with Bryant.

I do think people are projecting him in terms of viewing him in the scope of the NFL as opposed to being a do it all athletic type like Watson is. And when I say that it's probably selling Watson short. He's a very unique talent in CFB history.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah vastly overrated bc he had CJ2K alongside him as well but we saw glimpses of what he could have been, but mostly saw what he really was. A great runner in college than didn't translate (no surprise), very inconsistent with his accuracy.

Don't be hating on my QB man

I see what's happening here

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 30 QB prospects of the modern era

Interesting article. One of the more interesting names was Brock Berlin. I remember him having the hype, but didn't realize how highly rated he actually was.
A couple of things stand out for me.

- Miami - what an abuse of talent with those two qbs...
- Brodie who? I never had even heard of that QB unless I read this article. If you were to ask me about this person I would have stated, "I don't know, I have never heard of her."
:dhd:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lawrence and Watson are two different types of QB’s. Lawrence can make throws Watson can’t make. Watson can make plays with his legs that Lawrence can’t make.

I think what separates Lawrence is his football IQ and how nothing rattles him. When a true freshman can throw for almost 700 yards and 6 tds with 0 int’s in the CFP — it isn’t something we will see in our lifetime again, most likely.

He’d be the #1 pick in the draft right now if he were allowed to enter the draft. 30 tds and only 4 int’s as a true freshman is ridiculous.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence and Watson are two different types of QB’s. Lawrence can make throws Watson can’t make. Watson can make plays with his legs that Lawrence can’t make.

I think what separates Lawrence is his football IQ and how nothing rattles him. When a true freshman can throw for almost 700 yards and 6 tds with 0 int’s in the CFP — it isn’t something we will see in our lifetime again, most likely.

He’d be the #1 pick in the draft right now if he were allowed to enter the draft. 30 tds and only 4 int’s as a true freshman is ridiculous.

I'm not talking about Watson's legs.

Wake me up the day Lawrence throws a guy open. If I'm a Clemson fan I'm excited for the future, but please show me the great plays and throws he made.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wake me up the day Lawrence throws a guy open. If I'm a Clemson fan I'm excited for the future, but please show me the great plays and throws he made.

Maybe you went to bed early in the National Championship game. His one TD pass to Tee Higgins was a thing of beauty.

If the NFL could hand build their own custom QB — It’d basically be Trevor Lawrence

6’5”......check
Cannon arm.......check
High Football IQ......check
Unflappable.......check
Can throw on the run........check
Pocket presence........check

As an 18 year old — it says he has been clocked at 61 mph for his throwing speed. To put it in perspective — The record at the NFL combine was 58, then 59, then 60 over the years. As a reference point — Mahomes was clocked at 55.

I don’t know if it is jealousy that he is on your rival or bitterness over what he did in the NC game, but Lawrence could declare for the draft right now and be the #1 pick.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno about you, but I'm not seeing any throws the kid can't make. He absolutely rips passes in there, and in some tight windows. He's the real deal IMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you went to bed early in the National Championship game. His one TD pass to Tee Higgins was a thing of beauty.

If the NFL could hand build their own custom QB — It’d basically be Trevor Lawrence

6’5”......check
Cannon arm.......check
High Football IQ......check
Unflappable.......check
Can throw on the run........check
Pocket presence........check

As an 18 year old — it says he has been clocked at 61 mph for his throwing speed. To put it in perspective — The record at the NFL combine was 58, then 59, then 60 over the years. As a reference point — Mahomes was clocked at 55.

I don’t know if it is jealousy that he is on your rival or bitterness over what he did in the NC game, but Lawrence could declare for the draft right now and be the #1 pick.
Even with it being the Cardinals who just too a QB 10th last year, I think they would at least give a lot of thought to him, if not just take him outright. If he was available, they'd be getting a king's ransom in return for the #1 pick.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about you, but I'm not seeing any throws the kid can't make. He absolutely rips passes in there, and in some tight windows. He's the real deal IMO.

Where is the one where he throws a guy open. Throwing to wide open guys doesn't impress me, sorry.

I was most impressed with Ross.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is the one where he throws a guy open. Throwing to wide open guys doesn't impress me, sorry.

I was most impressed with Ross.
Throwing into tight windows as an 18-year old true freshman is never easy, and he did it plenty. His deep balls were also really impressive. Again, all of this came as a true freshman. I can't agree when you say Clemson would've done the same against Bama with Kelly Bryant, as limited as he is as a passer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing into tight windows as an 18-year old true freshman is never easy, and he did it plenty. His deep balls were also really impressive. Again, all of this came as a true freshman. I can't agree when you say Clemson would've done the same against Bama with Kelly Bryant, as limited as he is as a passer.

So what he was a true freshman. Jalen hurts accounted for like 39 TD's as a true freshman and had Alabama with a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter and then also gave us the lead on the last drive he had. Tua came in and lead a comeback in a national championship game as a True freshman - and he did so against a much better defense.

All I saw from Lawrence was throwing to wide open guys because Savion Smith sucks donkey dicks in coverage and Ross literally made his bitch ass quit. I don't think you guys understand just how badly Alabama's defense played in that game or why all those coaches were fired.

But whatever, it's funny because you guys are doing EXACTLY what basically every person on that list was done about them before they got to the NFL.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what he was a true freshman. Jalen hurts accounted for like 39 TD's as a true freshman and had Alabama with a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter and then also gave us the lead on the last drive he had. Tua came in and lead a comeback in a national championship game as a True freshman - and he did so against a much better defense.

All I saw from Lawrence was throwing to wide open guys because Savion Smith sucks donkey dicks in coverage and Ross literally made his bitch ass quit. I don't think you guys understand just how badly Alabama's defense played in that game or why all those coaches were fired.

But whatever, it's funny because you guys are doing EXACTLY what basically every person on that list was done about them before they got to the NFL.
Hurts' numbers as a passer were simply nowhere near as good as Lawrence's as a true freshman, and he had more games. Lower completion %, fewer TDs, more INTs, lower QBR.

I'm not doubting Ross' impact in that game, but I'm not sure where you're seeing that he was just wide open all the time.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence was impressive during the NCG, but Clemson's WRs were absolutely filthy

i think you're both right, outside of the "they were wide open all game" take, which i'm not going to touch

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts' numbers as a passer were simply nowhere near as good as Lawrence's as a true freshman, and he had more games. Lower completion %, fewer TDs, more INTs, lower QBR.

I'm not doubting Ross' impact in that game, but I'm not sure where you're seeing that he was just wide open all the time.

You do realize Clemsons schedule was almost as bad as UCF's this past year right? Hurts never struggled until he played against top defenses. And for the record, Hurts can make the same throws - physically, that's not where he was lacking. His problem is that he bailed on the pocket to early and things like that. But it's not really the point here, as I'm not trying to compare the 2, just pointing out that "true freshman" doesn't mean anything - unless you are a Clemson fan, in which case you are excited because you get a great QB for 2 more years.

And it wasn't really just Ross, although he was pretty spectacular, but also on our coaching and Savion Smith - who was shit and literally quit on the team. Like that 70 something yard TD - sorry I do not really think "Oh what a great QB" even though it was a 70+ yard TD pass supposedly.

I saw a few great plays and that was it - something you can see from most all QBs at some point. You guys can keep on, but he didn't win that game for Clemson or anything.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Clemsons schedule was almost as bad as UCF's this past year right? Hurts never struggled until he played against top defenses. And for the record, Hurts can make the same throws - physically, that's not where he was lacking. His problem is that he bailed on the pocket to early and things like that. But it's not really the point here, as I'm not trying to compare the 2, just pointing out that "true freshman" doesn't mean anything - unless you are a Clemson fan, in which case you are excited because you get a great QB for 2 more years.

And it wasn't really just Ross, although he was pretty spectacular, but also on our coaching and Savion Smith - who was shit and literally quit on the team. Like that 70 something yard TD - sorry I do not really think "Oh what a great QB" even though it was a 70+ yard TD pass supposedly.

I saw a few great plays and that was it - something you can see from most all QBs at some point. You guys can keep on, but he didn't win that game for Clemson or anything.

So much hypocrisy with a taint of jealousy. You wet your shorts talking about Tuas long TD pass last season where the guy was ...... wait for it..... wide open. lol
And your line about Hurts is so off it's hilarious. He was literally replaced because he couldn't throw a pea in the ocean.

JohnstoneC8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This past time around, I think they could have done it with Bryant.

I love Kelly, but have to disagree.

KB served as the face of the program to the best of his ability, but the change was necessary to get us over the hump.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hurts can make the same throws as who? Hurts can’t make the same throws as Tua, let alone Lawrence.

Last 3 #1 picks in the NFL draft:
Jared Goff 57 MPH
Carson Wentz 57 MPH
Patrick Mahomes 55 MPH
Jameis Winston 55 MPH

At 18 years old — Lawrence already throws regularly at 61 MPH.

To say he wasn’t impressive putting up almost 700 yards and 6 tds against undefeated ND and undefeated Alabama is ridiculous.

You sound like a jealous homer right now.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts can make the same throws as who? Hurts can’t make the same throws as Tua, let alone Lawrence.

Last 3 #1 picks in the NFL draft:
Jared Goff 57 MPH
Carson Wentz 57 MPH
Patrick Mahomes 55 MPH
Jameis Winston 55 MPH

At 18 years old — Lawrence already throws regularly at 61 MPH.

To say he wasn’t impressive putting up almost 700 yards and 6 tds against undefeated ND and undefeated Alabama is ridiculous.

You sound like a jealous homer right now.

Wait, are you suggesting Lawrence can make throws that Tua can't?

:lol:

Also: double :lol: for quoting ball speed numbers. Where does Brady or Manning rank there?

Last edited: