• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 3 Cy Young Canidates this year as of now

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it'll show whether there's bias towards the pick....if he would've chosen Darvish before today's game, then it's clear that Darvish being a Ranger is heavily influencing the pick rather than the overall body of work (which before today's games, favored Scherzer).

Fair enough...but there is a much better chance at Darvish continuing his run than Max...history hasn't had too many 1 or 2 loss pitchers...so like today, a few more like that or more are coming.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it'll show whether there's bias towards the pick....if he would've chosen Darvish before today's game, then it's clear that Darvish being a Ranger is heavily influencing the pick rather than the overall body of work (which before today's games, favored Scherzer).

I don't think it favored scherzer even before that

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it favored scherzer even before that

How so? All Darvish had was a slight advantage in ERA/ERA+ and a large advantage in K/9, and it ends there.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I honestly I don't care who wins it either because that means a extra year of control of darvish

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before ERA and Ks should be the top 2 to voters

ERA, sure. But placing Ks that high is just ridiculous. WHIP, IPs/start, IPs ... even K/BB ratio are all far more important than Ks in and of themselves.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before ERA and Ks should be the top 2 to voters

K's, really? You really think that's more important than WHIP, OPSA,, innings?

And if you're looking at K's, shouldn't you also be looking at walks with great importance, and hence K/BB (which Scherzer has a sizable lead in)?

Last edited by a moderator:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max has the benefit of media attention. He plays for a team going to the playoffs.

Felix and Kuroda do not.

Darvish is in a pennant race and that will help as long as Texas stays in it and he pitches well. But the media hype and talk of getting to 20 wins will help.

luvthemeagl1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why you let the entire season play out.
so what, we wait til the end of the season to discuss the CYA? just because your precious Yu isnt the CYA leader right now?

Scherzer is the front runner as of now, Darvish 2 and Sale third

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what, we wait til the end of the season to discuss the CYA? just because your precious Yu isnt the CYA leader right now?

Scherzer is the front runner as of now, Darvish 2 and Sale third

Scherzer's start yesterday might of dropped him below YU for me for the first time. If YU has a great start tonight, YU will have moved ahead IMO.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer's start yesterday might of dropped him below YU for me for the first time. If YU has a great start tonight, YU will have moved ahead IMO.

:agree: although I kind of hope yu doesn't win it

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: although I kind of hope yu doesn't win it
If you're talking the contract being able to opt out? That really isn't going to matter, I think it's set up not only if he wins, but if he finishes in the top 2 or 3 multiple times in the 5 years or something like that. I'll have to look it up to be exact, but I don't think it's only for winning, it's finishing at the top as well.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL
Scherzer
Darvish
Felix

Kuroda is right here.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'd put Scherzer/Sale/Darvish (in no particular order) ahead of Felix.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'd put Scherzer/Sale/Darvish (in no particular order) ahead of Felix.
Sale is pitching better than Felix but he has an even lesser chance of winning the CYA due to his w/l. I don't agree with it, but that's what some voters care so much for.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NL

Kershaw
Kershaw
Kershaw....he is 3rd because he got pounded tonight and his era ballooned to 1.96...

AL

Darvish - Doesn't even understand what Cy Young means or who he is, just keeps watching bats missing and laughs like a 13 yr old japanese school girl.

Sale - doesn't care about team anymore, going for Cy Young for contract negotiations

Max - in a tale spin that was bound to happen to "even things out", plus feels bad for Verlander and doesn't want him thinking that he is taking over "his" team

Felix - doesn't care about Cy Young because when he did win, it still didn't get him out of Seattle in the trade to NYY...his will to win it is gone...he just wants to do his time til FA

Kuroda - sneaking up on everyone because he comes from a long line of Master Ninjas and its "in his nature" to never be noticed.