• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 NBA Players UNDER the age of 25

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Top 25 NBA Players under the Age of 25- The criteria I used was 2 part- the ceiling of the player along with what the player has done thus far to establish themselves.

1. Anthony Davis- Pelicans
2. DeMarcus Cousins- Kings
3. Kyrie Irving- Cavaliers
4. John Wall- Wizards
5. Kawhi Leonard- Spurs
6. Andre Drummond- Pistons
7. Giannis A. - Bucks
8. Karl Anthony Towns- Twolves
9. Andrew Wiggins- Twolves
10. Jabari Parker- Bucks
11. Bradley Beal- Wizards
12. Rudy Gobert- Jazz
13. DeAngelo Russell- Lakers
14. Ricky Rubio- Twolves
15. Derrick Favors- Jazz
16. Nikola Vucevic- MAGIC
17. jahlil Okafor- 76'ers
18. Emmanuel Mudiay- Nugz
19. Dante exum- jazz
20. Kristaps Porzingis- NYK
21. Victor Oladipo- Magic
22. Nikola Mirotic- CHI
23. Alex Len- PHOenix
24. Brandon Knight- Phoenix
25. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- Bobcats

If anyone sees anything I have missed or disagrees would love to hear opinions.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only this list was made yesterday.....Boogie Cousins turned 25 today so I think he would have to be removed(although I agree he was a top 3 under 25 player before today). I'd say Noel from Philly would take his spot although not be as high on the list. I also like Bruno Caboclo of the Raptors but he's 19 and I don't expect him to do much for them this season.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we all agree that AD is #1.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis too high. Towns too high(for now). Rubio too high. Beal and Vuceciv too low. Very generous on mudiay and Russell.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Top 25 NBA Players under the Age of 25- The criteria I used was 2 part- the ceiling of the player along with what the player has done thus far to establish themselves.

1. Anthony Davis- Pelicans
2. DeMarcus Cousins- Kings
3. Kyrie Irving- Cavaliers
4. Kawhi Leonard - Spurs
5. John Wall - Wizards
6. Andre Drummond- Pistons
7. Giannis A. - Bucks
8. Jabari Parker - Bucks
9. Bradley Beal - Wizards
10. Andrew Wiggins - Twolves
11. Nikola Vucevic - Magic
12. Derrick Favors - Jazz
13. Rudy Gobert - Jazz
14. Karl Anthony Towns - Twolves
15. Dangelo Russell - Lakers
16. Ricky Rubio - Twolves
17. Jahlil Okafor - Sixers
18. Emmanuel Mudiay- Nugz
19. Dante exum- jazz
20. Kristaps Porzingis- NYK
21. Victor Oladipo- Magic
22. Nikola Mirotic- CHI
23. Alex Len- PHOenix
24. Brandon Knight- Phoenix
25. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist- Bobcats

If anyone sees anything I have missed or disagrees would love to hear opinions.
I edited it to what I believed what it should be. Gobert and Favors is debatable mainly because I haven't seen a TON of them, and 18-25 is mainly guys I haven't seen play a lot or haven't seen play at all.

I put a lot of the first year guys below the guys who have already been playing for a few years because I don't know how their games are going to adjust to the NBA, so it's hard to place them above guys who have solidified their role in their respective teams/the league overall. Put Leonard above Wall strictly due to defensive ability and shooting ability. Wall has never been a SOLID shooter, in my opinion.

Never really liked Rubio's game cause even though he's had a few triple-doubles, he's never really impressed me outside of his ball-handling ability and quickness at times.

Also, since we're allowing Cousins on here even though he just turned 25, why not allow Lillard?

Last edited:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawahi Leonard should be higher than John Wall (without any doubt), and he should also be above Irving (with more of a debate).

He has accomplished more (part of your criteria).

And he probably has a higher ceiling to be a 2 way elite player(already is elite DPOY defender) with steadily improving offensive ability as well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this for guys 25 and younger or is the max age 24? If it is 25 and younger a star is missing

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are far too many rookies who never played a game yet on this list

wayyyyyyyyy too many rookies. I understand potential was a factor here, but its hard for me to call anyone a top 25 player under 25 if they haven't set a foot on the court yet. It gives them the benefit of the doubt, judging them entirely on what they could be, and judging the others largely on what they have done. For instance, what has any of those rookies done to be ahead of Embiid? Or Aaron Gordon? Or Julius Randle? All those guys have gobs of potential and get left off because they weren't rookie superstars?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list would be better as a Top 10.

And for gods sake don't include Exum or Len :L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wayyyyyyyyy too many rookies. I understand potential was a factor here, but its hard for me to call anyone a top 25 player under 25 if they haven't set a foot on the court yet. It gives them the benefit of the doubt, judging them entirely on what they could be, and judging the others largely on what they have done. For instance, what has any of those rookies done to be ahead of Embiid? Or Aaron Gordon? Or Julius Randle? All those guys have gobs of potential and get left off because they weren't rookie superstars?
Well- in Embiid's case- he has had a ton of injuries- and this will be his 2nd straight year sitting out. Randle missed the entire year with an injury- and if something was close- the default that I would go back to is "who would I rather have".

-And really- Alex Len played very well last year at times and showed a lot of potential. Exum is extremely young and raw but just has crazy athleticism and already became a very very good defender last year.

I agree that Gordon and Randle COULD have been around the list and would have included them as "honorable mentions"

As for the rookies- especially a guy like Towns or Russell- I mean - in my mind I would rather have them then the guys I ranked below them. Its definitely close though and I see the logic in discounting rooks that never played because you never KNOW for certain how they will do.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawahi Leonard should be higher than John Wall (without any doubt), and he should also be above Irving (with more of a debate).

He has accomplished more (part of your criteria).

And he probably has a higher ceiling to be a 2 way elite player(already is elite DPOY defender) with steadily improving offensive ability as well.

I suppose you could debate this pt. However - to state "without a doubt" just makes you look like a complete homer & makes me wonder if you even watched Wall play this past season. Wall doesn't have that benefit of being able to lean on other superstar players like Leonard does & basically the entire team relies on him.

He was an all-star starter & has been among the leaders in assists and is an elite PG. When he missed games during the playoffs the team suffered dramatically. Again - you could make a pt with your argument but not to the extent stated in your reply.

Players cannot control the overall success of their team. Remove Duncan & Parker from the Spurs and Leonard will suffer. Likewise - let's say the Wizards add Durant next season - no doubt Wall will benefit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-And really- Alex Len played very well last year at times and showed a lot of potential. Exum is extremely young and raw but just has crazy athleticism and already became a very very good defender last year.

And you laugh when I mention Jordan Clarkson who averaged more PPG than both of those players combined, made rookie of the month in March and was named all-rookie 1st team, and scored 30 points against Westbrook.
All while being on the bench for the first half of the season.

But no, Exum and Len are better, right?

:crazy:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khris Middleton anyone?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you laugh when I mention Jordan Clarkson who averaged more PPG than both of those players combined, made rookie of the month in March and was named all-rookie 1st team, and scored 30 points against Westbrook.
All while being on the bench for the first half of the season.

But no, Exum and Len are better, right?

:crazy:
Clarkson was a 4 year college player who got extended run because of lack of options on his team.

Are you actually tying to say you would rather have Jordan Clarkson instead of Dante Exum? - because no GM in the league would have that same assertion. The Lakers would trade Clarkson for Exum or Len in half a second.