• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 100

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good on him. He deserves it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UDFA to #72 on the list. Grats to ADB.
He is up for a nice raise.
Will JS spend the $?
Imagine Paul Richardson comes back whole and performs. Assume Kearse improves with another year. I expect Lockett to be a stellar WR. There should be some TE help at catching passes.
I wonder if he remains a Seahawk.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UDFA to #72 on the list. Grats to ADB.
He is up for a nice raise.
Will JS spend the $?
Imagine Paul Richardson comes back whole and performs. Assume Kearse improves with another year. I expect Lockett to be a stellar WR. There should be some TE help at catching passes.
I wonder if he remains a Seahawk.

If the Seahawks continue to throw the ball like they did in the last half, and Baldwin is a threat to haul in double digit TD's, then yeah.

If they revert to their old style, probably not.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The organization has a pretty well established pattern of re-signing the players they want to keep as they go into their final year of a contract. And not before. There are some exceptions either way (Kearse, Lynch) but that's pretty much the rule. And it's a good thing because it sets expectations and probably prevents or deters hold-outs. Bennett squawked a year ago but reported for duty when the time came. Baldwin now has a year left and is just hitting his prime, so we'll probably see something happen there by the end of June.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Seahawks continue to throw the ball like they did in the last half, and Baldwin is a threat to haul in double digit TD's, then yeah.

If they revert to their old style, probably not.

As long as they're coached by Carroll, running the ball will be the emphasis. But they're not going to revert to what they were a couple years ago and lead the league in rushing %. But even then, the mantra from Carroll was, to run for field position, and pass to score.

Baldwin will get paid by the Hawks.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they're coached by Carroll, running the ball will be the emphasis. But they're not going to revert to what they were a couple years ago and lead the league in rushing %. But even then, the mantra from Carroll was, to run for field position, and pass to score.

Baldwin will get paid by the Hawks.

If he has another 55 catch/ 4 TD season, his contract offer is going to be WAAAAY different than if he pulls in another 80/12

Seahawks may not be able to afford that second Baldwin.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has another 55 catch/ 4 TD season, his contract offer is going to be WAAAAY different than if he pulls in another 80/12

Seahawks may not be able to afford that second Baldwin.
True, but Baldwin himself doesn't expect to have a year like last year, because the Seahawks seem more determined to run the ball then ever. Course if the run game doesn't click, then you might see Baldwin produce like last year, even then though, Lockett and C.J. Prosise will likely cut into his targets.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ET in at 66, down 45 spots from last year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can kind of see that. The entire defense was up and down all year.

So who is better than ET as far as FS go? I think they said there is 3 more on the list LMAO. Oh and Watch them put Kam on the list. Sorry But ET is better than Kam and should be ranked higher than him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is better than ET as far as FS go? I think they said there is 3 more on the list LMAO. Oh and Watch them put Kam on the list. Sorry But ET is better than Kam and should be ranked higher than him.

My point was the entire defense played very inconsistent and at times looked lost at the end of games, therefore everyone will probably lose spots from last year. Maybe ET shouldn't have been dropped that far but by our standards and ET's, I'm sure even he felt he didn't play up to his normal level of play throughout the year. I expect out D back to form from our two SB runs and ET will be right back up close to the top in next years top 100.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should ET have dropped, yes but to 66? no, that's all i am trying to say.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not problem where ET is ranked... How many leads did we give up at the end of games last year? Not saying it was ET's fault but our defense had a down year and ET didn't have the kind of season we're accustomed to seeing from him...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ET is fairly ranked in this years top 100. He will use that as motivation, which is a grand thing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ET is fairly ranked in this years top 100. He will use that as motivation, which is a grand thing.

Not just ET, but the whole defense. I expect these guys to be sharp, motivated and ready to get back to form.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just ET, but the whole defense. I expect these guys to be sharp, motivated and ready to get back to form.
Agreed. IIRC, even Wags got barked at by one of the senior defenders during a game.
We are going to be sooooo much better this year.
No Kam situation.
Bennett will whine and play as a pro bowler.
ET , Kam, and Sherm should be healthy at the start.
The Carry Williams disaster wont be in play the year.
Our #2 starting CB will be >>>> over last years starting CB.
Not being in a SB the year before will be a huge motivator.
Kris Richard will be in his sophomore year.

and this is just the D. Our O and OL will be >>> last year's starting OL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. IIRC, even Wags got barked at by one of the senior defenders during a game.
No Kam situation.

Bennett should be insane this year given he's 1 year out from his contract year. He'll probably be looking for a decent extension from Seattle after this year. He'll be 31, meaning he has another 3-4 productive years and I doubt he'd get as much hitting free agency after Seattle since he'd be 33 mid season. Granted his first year he didn't really play, but still... nobody is giving him a $15M/year contract at that age. Ware got $10M per and that was at 31... and I'd argue Ware in his prime was more potent than Michael.

Lane (healthy, crosses fingers) is a HUGE upgrade over Williams... but Lane was injured at the start of last season so who knows. Even then, Browner is still an upgrade over Cary. Yah he commits penalties, but at least he doesn't get torched on every play like Williams.

Kam will hopefully STFU and play this year... him being out really ruined continuity and then him coming back was a disaster as well. You could tell that secondary was off key for the first half the season. Despite familiar faces, missing OTAs/camps is big, especially with a new D coord.

Sherman/ET will be healthy, they both had some decent injuries post Super Bowl. That stuff can linger.

Reed IMO is an immediate D-line upgrade over Mebane. Everyone talks about his lack of pass rush skills... but the truth of the matter is, nobody knows what his pass rush skills are because that's not what Alabama asked him to do. Alabama told Reed, "Stuff the run. Don't worry about the QB." And he did that better than any College DT.

Biggest question is the O-Line. I'm personally terrified of Britt as Center but who knows. Ifedi should be fine at guard. I'd be concerned if they were starting him at RT. Gilliam at LT terrifies me as well though.

RB was an issue last year and should not be this year. Rawls returning, Michael ran extremely well and has plenty of time in our system now, Prosise has a ceiling of Matt Forte but IMO he'll be Robert Turbin but better. Amazing 3rd down back if he can get blocking down.

WRs should be improved. Carroll obviously let Wilson go in the 2nd half of the season without the running game and Wilson proved he can be the elite QB everyone didn't think he was with Lynch and the D. Lockette/Kearse came into their own last year hauling in 75%+ of their targets. Baldwin just tore it up. And if Richardson can just stay f'ing healthy that's a HUGE downfield threat. Lockette/Richardson out of the #3/4 could end up torching a lot of Ds.

TE Graham and Wilson were just figuring things out when Graham went down. Willson filled in nicely and has good experience. Vannett I'm excited for. He projects on paper to be our best run blocker (did a fine job in College) and is just a HUGE target in general. He has decent hands.. just not the best route runner and not a huge amount of speed... but sometimes you just need a big 6'6" guy to match up against dwarf linebackers.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Kam situation.

Completely agree with everything you say. I also think adding Browner back into the mix will play a huge part as well. Whether he has his legs or lost a step, he stills knows the system and that's an added bonus to the D. Our O will be more explosive with a healthy Rawls and Graham back in the mix and I can't wait to see what type of numbers Tyler Lockett will put up his sophomore year. Our schedule sets up nicely so with a few breaks and great play, this team should be battling for the top spot in the NFC.