• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 Seasons of Any Show All Time

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, here's my list, in order from least favorite to favorite. I only counted seasons of shows where I saw the whole season.

10. Game of Thrones Season 1
9. Bloodline Season 1
8. Boardwalk Empire Season 4
7. The Wire Season 4
6. True Detective Season 1
5. Breaking Bad Season 3
4. Breaking Bad Season 5
3. The Wire Season 3
2. The Wire Season 1
1. Breaking Bad Season 4

Obviously a lot of repetition, but when you're a great show, that happens.
HM:
Better Call Saul Season 2
Mad Men Season 1
The Wire Season 5
The Wire Season 2
Breaking Bad Season 1
Boardwalk Empire Season 1
Narcos Season 1
Daredevil Season 1
Rectify Season 1
Sherlock Season 1
Sherlock Season 2
Sherlock Season 3
The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story Season 1
The Sopranos Season 1

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Full House Season 2
2. Full House Season 4
3. Full House Season 3
4. Full House Season 1
5. Full House Season 7
6. Full House Season 5
7. Full House Season 6
8. Full House Season 8
9. Fuller House Season 1
10. Golden Girls Season 2

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is way too difficult for me personally to judge each show I have ever watched and make a list of the best seasons. Comedy and Drama are so drastically different its damn near impossible for me to compare.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking Bad Season 4 is a very easy pick for me. Arguably the GOAT season of any show
True Detective Season 1 isn't quite as up there but worthy of mention. Episode 4 was great.
Futurama Season 3. The show at its smartest and dumbest. Very funny.
Archer Vice. Pretty much the same thing.
Justified Season 4 was probably my favorite but 2 and 6 were also solid.
Game of Thrones Season 3 and 4 based on the same book and the best book. Season 4 was great.

Narcos season 1 was alright but not something Id consider for a list like this. Only saw about 4 episodes of Daredevil and it was better than I thought.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking Bad Season 4 is a very easy pick for me. Arguably the GOAT season of any show
True Detective Season 1 isn't quite as up there but worthy of mention. Episode 4 was great.
Game of Thrones Season 3 and 4 based on the same book and the best book. Season 4 was great.

Narcos season 1 was alright but not something Id consider for a list like this. Only saw about 4 episodes of Daredevil and it was better than I thought.
My biggest gripe with True Detective is I believe you are only as good as you finish. If you can't finish as strong as you began it takes away a lot from the value of a show, and season one of True Detective failed to stick its landing.

Maybe I'm too picky because everyone seemed to love Archer Vice, I felt it was it's worst season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest gripe with True Detective is I believe you are only as good as you finish. If you can't finish as strong as you began it takes away a lot from the value of a show, and season one of True Detective failed to stick its landing.
Thats my issue with True Detective is that the last 2 episodes aren't as good as the rest. Its not a terrible way to end things, imo. Just too conventional for a show that at least initially seemed like it was going down a rabbit hole.

Maybe I'm too picky because everyone seemed to love Archer Vice, I felt it was it's worst season.
I think with Archer that Vice is going to either be your favorite or least favorite. Most of the other seasons of Archer are more directly spoofing things like James Bond and have a heavy Russian influence. Many of the side characters evolve as the show moves on. I felt like Archer Vice was them finally figuring out what made the show tick and then they just created a season around that. I like 3, 4 and Vice a lot better than 1, 2 and 6 but generally I just like Archer.

I was trying to figure out the best season of Walking Dead and...eh...Season 1 would probably be my choice. Walking Dead usually has a string of about 3 good episodes and then 1 dud in pretty much every season except 2 which is just awful.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justified was so freakin' awesome! I really miss that show. :(
I'm kinda surprised that Ray Donovan isn't on anyone's list in here. It's pretty solid also.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats my issue with True Detective is that the last 2 episodes aren't as good as the rest. Its not a terrible way to end things, imo. Just too conventional for a show that at least initially seemed like it was going down a rabbit hole.

I think with Archer that Vice is going to either be your favorite or least favorite. Most of the other seasons of Archer are more directly spoofing things like James Bond and have a heavy Russian influence. Many of the side characters evolve as the show moves on. I felt like Archer Vice was them finally figuring out what made the show tick and then they just created a season around that. I like 3, 4 and Vice a lot better than 1, 2 and 6 but generally I just like Archer.

I was trying to figure out the best season of Walking Dead and...eh...Season 1 would probably be my choice. Walking Dead usually has a string of about 3 good episodes and then 1 dud in pretty much every season except 2 which is just awful.
Like I said it is hard to pinpoint season across different genres. It's easier to lit my favorite how and name the best season.

The Office- I guess season 4, but 1-3 are also great. Just stay clear of season 8 (awfulll) and 7 and 9 sparingly.

The Wire- all are great I guess I would lean towards 3 the most.

Breaking Bad- hard to pick one but I think 4 is damn good.

Dexter- season 4 is the best for me but the show went off the rail tarnishing the series.

Community- either season 1 or 2, after that the show trailed off with shimmers of brilliance.

Everybody Loves Raymond- just rewatched season 9 is great.

Newsroom- season 1 is the best, season 2 good, season 3 awful.

Game of Thrones- take your pick.

Archer- all seasons before Vice.

Walking Dead- hard to pick, quit watching mid season the most recent, can we please stop retelling the same story from different perspectives spanning a season? It's BORING.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Community- either season 1 or 2, after that the show trailed off with shimmers of brilliance.
Season 1 for sure. I liked Season 2 as well but it gave you that feeling that the show peaked. Like any Community College, more than 2 years and it probably starts looking like a bad idea.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 1 for sure. I liked Season 2 as well but it gave you that feeling that the show peaked. Like any Community College, more than 2 years and it probably starts looking like a bad idea.
When they redid paintball it gave you that feeling that ideas were running thin.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heroes season 1 was one of the best shows on TV history IMO. Too bad they fucked that up.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a few seasons in the show Lost was also great.

I don't know of a show that was more talked about than lost.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking Bad Season 4, the season of Gus..
Mad Men Season 3 where they deal with a British company buying them and decide to spin it off
Breaking Bad Season 3 the business grows and Gus enters the picture
Mad Men Season 4 where they've spun off their own company and are making it work.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shield S5 needs to be in all discussions

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shield S5 needs to be in all discussions
I've seen a couple episodes but nothing more. It looks pretty cool and I like what I saw, but doesn't it go for like 7 or 8 seasons? That sounds like too much of an investment and time with the same group of people for a drama. It was a stretch getting me to commit to The Sopranos with its 6 seasons. I just started Deadwood, and am halfway through the third episode. It was appealing because of its brevity (although I hear it was left up in the air because it was cancelled midway through). I think 5 seasons is perfect for a drama. The only case where I would advocate for more is BE, to show 1929 and Rothstein's death. I mean honestly that show could have gone 7 seasons and it wouldn't have felt prolonged or drawn out, or worse; boring.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ah man, seasons 1-3 were all brilliant in my book. 4 was pretty average, but that was due to them firing Dan Harmon. When he got back on for 5 and 6 the show became good again, just not as good as seasons 1-3.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a couple episodes but nothing more. It looks pretty cool and I like what I saw, but doesn't it go for like 7 or 8 seasons? That sounds like too much of an investment and time with the same group of people for a drama. It was a stretch getting me to commit to The Sopranos with its 6 seasons. I just started Deadwood, and am halfway through the third episode. It was appealing because of its brevity (although I hear it was left up in the air because it was cancelled midway through). I think 5 seasons is perfect for a drama. The only case where I would advocate for more is BE, to show 1929 and Rothstein's death. I mean honestly that show could have gone 7 seasons and it wouldn't have felt prolonged or drawn out, or worse; boring.

Yup 7 seasons but the key is that S5 is almost unanimously people's favorite season and S7 is usually a top 3 or 4 season as well with one of the best received finales off all time. Also, it's only like 90ish episodes and most are 42ish minutes(vs 50-60 of HBO shows).

7 seasons is a lot but the key is its not one of those shows that drags on as exhibited by 5 and 7 being so strong. I know based off your shows that you enjoy gritty crime type dramas so this is in the mold. It's not The Wire good but it's got similarities to that show.

Probably a top 5 show all time for me or right in that area(I've seen majority of all the popular shows).

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10. Broad City Season 1
9. The 100 Season 1
8. Breaking Bad Season 4
7. The Last Ship Season 2
6. Game of Thrones Season 2
5. Eastbound and Down Season 2
4. Breaking Bad Season 5
3. Vikings Season 2
2. The Walking Dead Season 3
1. Breaking Bad Season 3

Hard to compare comedies to apocalypse shows, but you try. Honorable mention to Curb Your Enthusiasm (every season).

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup 7 seasons but the key is that S5 is almost unanimously people's favorite season and S7 is usually a top 3 or 4 season as well with one of the best received finales off all time. Also, it's only like 90ish episodes and most are 42ish minutes(vs 50-60 of HBO shows).

7 seasons is a lot but the key is its not one of those shows that drags on as exhibited by 5 and 7 being so strong. I know based off your shows that you enjoy gritty crime type dramas so this is in the mold. It's not The Wire good but it's got similarities to that show.

Probably a top 5 show all time for me or right in that area(I've seen majority of all the popular shows).
Yeah, I do. I'll get around to it eventually, because the first episode was one of the best pilots I've ever seen with Mackey shooting the guy in the face. I just can't get enough of good anti-heroes (not Tony Soprano) and the emergence of the golden TV age has boomed their popularity. Have you seen Deadwood (not that I think Al is anti-hero, at least from what I've seen)?