• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 Rankings after Wimbledon

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mens tennis is getting old at the top. Rafa may not even be that old but he has a ton of mileage on his body much like a 30 year old. Nole and Murray also are getting up there in both age and mileage. Wondering when another Federer type will come along who has a smooth game and can play at the top for more than a handful of years.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dimitrov the next Federer? I don't think so. If he was he would have won Wimbledon by now when the competition is at its fiercest. He may end up winning three or four slams if competition gets a little rusty. But that would be a bad indicator. I think we may have to wait another decade at least to see a Federer like messiah for tennis if not more.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Isner's 29. And I never liked his chances to even make a slam final given his movement deficiencies. There's only so much a guy that big can do.

Raonic would need a lot of help to ever win a major,IMO. The only world class/grand slam thing about him is the serve. His forehand is pretty good when he has time to set it up, and his backhand is a big weakness. His biggest weaknesses are his return and most especially his movement.

If nobody with a complete package joins Dimitrov at the top when Nadal, Nole, and Murrray fade, then Raonic has a much better shot.

I agree 100%.

The other Canadian, Pospisil has a way better all around game and can only get better.

In fact with all the Raonic/Bouchard Wimbledon SportsHoopla, it was Pospisil who actually won a title, albeit doubles with Sock.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But nevertheless a one trick pony. Who gets exposed by players who can move.

Nole is slowly but surely getting tired because he plays with so much effort side to side. Plus there is a mental pressure mileage too from all the high voltage and emotionally charged battles in the final win or lose. If you can play effortlessly like Federer you can go a long way or athletic and muscular taking PEDs with more endurance like Nadal.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would encourage Dimitrov to go check out Nadal's chemist or Nole's 'dietician' if he was serious about winning a slam. Maybe that might put a damper in the happy camps of Rafavic. When Nole beat Rafa seven straight times in a way he was saying " my juice is stronger and better than yours". LOL.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%.

The other Canadian, Pospisil has a way better all around game and can only get better.

In fact with all the Raonic/Bouchard Wimbledon SportsHoopla, it was Pospisil who actually won a title, albeit doubles with Sock.

Vashy's an awful mover for someone who is fit as he is. His footwork is clumsy and his lateral movement is terrible. His backhand isn't particularly good. His serve used to be powerful, but it was very sporadic (he'd have matches with 40% or so first serves), so he dialed it down a bit. He can't do anything in no man's land, so he really struggles to get to the net.

I like Vashy. I had a ten minute conversation with him and his coach at the time (Freddy Niemeyer) at a challenger when he was ranked around 200 a couple of years ago. He's a nice guy and someone I actively root for.

It's insane to say he has a better all-around game than Milos. Outside of straight-line speed, Milos is better at every other aspect of tennis. He has a better feel for mid-level drops and volleys. His first serve is bigger. His first serve return instincts are better. His forehand is better. Milos has much better footwork. Even Vashy's two biggest strengths (volleying and his second serve) are about even with Milos' volleys and second serves. It's why Milos is ranked #6 and Vashy has the 124th most points in 2014. Let's not be carried away.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Dimitrov the next Federer? I don't think so. If he was he would have won Wimbledon by now when the competition is at its fiercest. He may end up winning three or four slams if competition gets a little rusty. But that would be a bad indicator. I think we may have to wait another decade at least to see a Federer like messiah for tennis if not more.

I'm a fed fan, but he benefited from a dearth of great competition from mid 2003 through mid 2007.

His chief rivals in his first couple of years of dominance were Hewitt and Roddick.
For several years after that, his only rival was a teenage Nadal because Roddick and Hewitt had started to fade, and the only other consistent players were guys like Davydenko, Ferrer, and Blake of all people.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fed fan, but he benefited from a dearth of great competition from mid 2003 through mid 2007.

His chief rivals in his first couple of years of dominance were Hewitt and Roddick.
For several years after that, his only rival was a teenage Nadal because Roddick and Hewitt had started to fade, and the only other consistent players were guys like Davydenko, Ferrer, and Blake of all people.

Let me add to that a bit. Rafa came in at an even more suitable era when there was only Fed as his chief rival on clay, when racquet and string technology gave a bigger advantage to the returner and baseline ball basher, and courts were slowed down at Wimbledon to allow more baseline players like Rafa and Hewitt to win, and when PEDs gained their most technologically advanced and rampant use and someone like Rafa with slightly above average talent who played a physical game with a lot of effort on the court was able to win 14 slams albeit most of his slams on clay in a very unbalanced career.

It's just mind boggling how one can win this many slams without a great serve like Sampras or Federer. Truly astounding.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not.

I think it to be true. Most I speak with do too.

He needs work but in time, possibly.

So, other than straight-ahead speed, what does he do better than Milos? I think people confuse a multi-dimensionally even game with an "all-around game."

If Milos' serve is a 100 out of 100 but the rest of strokes are a 70, and all of Vashy's strokes are a 65, Milos has a better all-around game. Anybody who thinks Pospisil (who will be lucky to ever crack the top 30 again) has better game than Raonic (top 15 regular, #6 right now, despite being younger) is just wrong.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would encourage Dimitrov to go check out Nadal's chemist or Nole's 'dietician' if he was serious about winning a slam. Maybe that might put a damper in the happy camps of Rafavic. When Nole beat Rafa seven straight times in a way he was saying " my juice is stronger and better than yours". LOL.

Another silly post from Hs. Give it up it is getting too predictable and comical.