• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 NFL Head Coaches

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10lkUdy.gif

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, great counter argument to my post. Posting a want to be skip bayless on Philly radio's hot take to try to stir interest and calls into his show. Jon Marks is like 5 foot 6.
PE1 tells me we are always supposed to believe the Philly bloggers & media.
Are you saying this isnt true?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a coach who goes 13-3 and one game from the Super bowl with a 14-4 or .777 coaching record in his NFL coaching career gets no respect at all.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing Belichick is known for.
Learning & adapting.
One could point out. What really has Pedersen done outside of that one cinderella season. Which is kind of unfair as his career really isnt long enough to do that too, yet.

but also. The NFL adapts well to new things.
What has Pedersen done since the NFL adjusted to him.
What has McVay done since the NFL adjusted to him.
(after their superbowls) Both of done less, but which will adjust back sooner.
Pedersen's time has been longer since their superbowl.

As far as head to head. I dont put much stock in those. We are talking of playing 31 other teams not head to head.

Jeff Fisher seemed to have Pete Carroll's # all the time.
No one in their right mind would claim Fisher was better coach than Carroll (well maybe Hammerdown :heh: )

If I had to make an argument for why one was one better than the other. I could probably argue both cases. like I said it is splitting hairs right now.
Jeff Fisher > Pete Carroll

All. Damn. Day.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah man, great counter argument to my post. Posting a want to be skip bayless on Philly radio's hot take to try to stir interest and calls into his show. Jon Marks is like 5 foot 6.

He must have kicked you off the air since you're a tad salty.
You must part of the LTBB group.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay continues to be outrageously overrated and Doug Pederson underrated.
Doug has never lost to McVay.
McVay has never beaten Doug.

Doug won the Super Bowl and massacred Mike Zimmer's and Bill Belichick's defenses along the way with his backup QB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are two great regular season wins.

People make me laugh, talking about his offense's performance in the Super Bowl. Maybe his players didn't execute like they should have. Like numerous drops, including one in the endzone or the fact his offensive line got it's ass kicked and the good plays were called back because of players. Rams had little Super Bowl experience going into the Super Bowl from players and coaches besides basically Wade Phillips and Talib. Those things matter.

You are talking about a 34 year old man that has accomplished more as a head coach than any coach at his age. And he did it coming from an disorganized organization, the Washington Redskins and having no head coaching experience at any level, so learning to win and over come talent disparity on the job. Pretty impressive if you ask me, so he had to learn through mistakes, while still winning on the road, at home, in the division and in the postseason. No losing records at any point in all those fields.

I'll take McVay now and in the future. Sad thing what you don't realize is that McVay is only going to get better with more experience. So take your 2017 Douggie P and shove it.
That's a lot of excuses in one post

and a lot of being a fag for mcvay in the previous one.:thumb:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO -

1. Bill Belichick
2. John Harbaugh
3. Pete Carroll
4. Andy Reid
5. Sean Payton
6. Sean McVay
7. Mike Zimmer
8. Mike Vrabel
9. Doug Peterson
10. Mike Tomlin

But its all subjective.

Exactly...if you just went on total body of work to date...Tomlin is much higher than 10th. It's probably the right 10 guys though. Peterson has a SB W, and Vrabel has some early success, it will be interesting to see how TN goes with a little more expectation.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer is overrated in my opinion and doesn't deserve to be in the top 10.

Of the cuff, who would you replace him with?

I think he's underachieved a little but, only 1 losing season...13-3 w/ Case Keenum as your QB...that's some pretty good coaching there...lol

My knock on Zim...they've been pretty consistent on OFC and DEF in his stronger years but never got much traction in JAN, getting smoked by PHI in the NFCCG game was not his finest moment.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the cuff, who would you replace him with?

I think he's underachieved a little but, only 1 losing season...13-3 w/ Case Keenum as your QB...that's some pretty good coaching there...lol

My knock on Zim...they've been pretty consistent on OFC and DEF in his stronger years but never got much traction in JAN, getting smoked by PHI in the NFCCG game was not his finest moment.
I'd put Vrabel ahead of him.