• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 NFL Head Coaches

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer is good. 6 years as HC, 4 different QBs, only 1 losing season (7-9) and he has made the playoffs with 3 different QBs.
How many SB appearances in all that time?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer is good. 6 years as HC, 4 different QBs, only 1 losing season (7-9) and he has made the playoffs with 3 different QBs.
I believe Zimmer is underrated.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is the argument for McVay over Pederson? He's 0-2 vs Pederson and is less accomplished in relatively the same period of time.

McVay has a better winning percentage, never had a losing season, never had a losing divisional record nor road record, is not 0-1 in the postseason without Foles. He also better looking and lands better chicks.

OIP.xocSt3j9KpiccjNTDoiRGgAAAA

Eagles fans always butthurt.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Tons of BCS wins. A couple of national championships + a Super Bowl win. Another plus is the longevity with both jobs. Almost a decade with the Trojans and over a decade with the Seahawks. He wins alot more than he loses during the stretch. He's the cream of the crop.
Throw out the BCS argument. It's irrelevant to this list. As for longevity and winning with the Seahawks, yeah but take away Wilson the last 4+ years and Pete is .500 at best because the team would have had losing records since 2015 ish. And the writer of the article did point out moving forward. Pete's stubbornness will be his downfall, imo. How long before Wilson isn't bailing him out? Andy Reid is a far superior coach

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't coached his team as long as Zimmer has.

So
McVay has a better winning percentage, never had a losing season, never had a losing divisional record nor road record, is not 0-1 in the postseason without Foles. He also better looking and lands better chicks.

OIP.xocSt3j9KpiccjNTDoiRGgAAAA

Eagles fans always butthurt.

0-2 vs Pederson, both games were at home for McVay.

The supposed offensive mastermind put up the most pathetic offensive performance in a Super Bowl. Only scoring 3 points on BB, meanwhile the year before Dougie P won the Super Bowy by dropping the most points ever on a BB coached defense in the playoffs. McVay has been exposed. If he ever does get back and win a Super Bowl then it won't be for 20 years or so like Andy Reid. He's just not good enough at this point.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Jeff Fisher top five?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So

0-2 vs Pederson, both games were at home for McVay.

The supposed offensive mastermind put up the most pathetic offensive performance in a Super Bowl. Only scoring 3 points on BB, meanwhile the year before Dougie P won the Super Bowy by dropping the most points ever on a BB coached defense in the playoffs. McVay has been exposed. If he ever does get back and win a Super Bowl then it won't be for 20 years or so like Andy Reid. He's just not good enough at this point.

Those are two great regular season wins.

People make me laugh, talking about his offense's performance in the Super Bowl. Maybe his players didn't execute like they should have. Like numerous drops, including one in the endzone or the fact his offensive line got it's ass kicked and the good plays were called back because of players. Rams had little Super Bowl experience going into the Super Bowl from players and coaches besides basically Wade Phillips and Talib. Those things matter.

You are talking about a 34 year old man that has accomplished more as a head coach than any coach at his age. And he did it coming from an disorganized organization, the Washington Redskins and having no head coaching experience at any level, so learning to win and over come talent disparity on the job. Pretty impressive if you ask me, so he had to learn through mistakes, while still winning on the road, at home, in the division and in the postseason. No losing records at any point in all those fields.

I'll take McVay now and in the future. Sad thing what you don't realize is that McVay is only going to get better with more experience. So take your 2017 Douggie P and shove it.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People make me laugh, talking about his offense's performance in the Super Bowl. Maybe his players didn't execute like they should have. Like numerous drops, including one in the endzone or the fact his offensive line got it's ass kicked and the good plays were called back because of players. Rams had little Super Bowl experience going into the Super Bowl from players and coaches besides basically Wade Phillips and Talib. Those things matter.

You are talking about a 34 year old man that has accomplished more as a head coach than any coach at his age. And he did it coming from an disorganized organization, the Washington Redskins and having no head coaching experience at any level, so learning to win and over come talent disparity on the job. Pretty impressive if you ask me, so he had to learn through mistakes, while still winning on the road, at home, in the division and in the postseason. No losing records at any point in all those fields.

I'll take McVay now and in the future. Sad thing what you don't realize is that McVay is only going to get better with more experience. So take your 2017 Douggie P and shove it.

That Super Bowl embarrassment went beyond player execution. He was completely out-coached. BB did a masterclass on him and his gimmick of telling wonder boy Golf what to do and then completely changing the defense after the mics cutoff.

What Super Bowl experience did the Eagles have going into the Super Bowl? What were Chris Long & Torrey Smith the story of that game?

Coaches rarely improve over time. Most HC success and SB wins comes within their first 5 years if they are going to achieve it. You can talk all about your hopes and dreams for what McVay one day becomes, but what he is right now is a very overrated HC who is not better than Pederson. Has not had the success Pederson has had and has not been able to beat Pederson when they have coached against each other despite McVay having all of the advantages in those games.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Super Bowl embarrassment went beyond player execution. He was completely out-coached. BB did a masterclass on him and his gimmick of telling wonder boy Golf what to do and then completely changing the defense after the mics cutoff.

What Super Bowl experience did the Eagles have going into the Super Bowl? What were Chris Long & Torrey Smith the story of that game?

Coaches rarely improve over time. Most HC success and SB wins comes within their first 5 years if they are going to achieve it. You can talk all about your hopes and dreams for what McVay one day becomes, but what he is right now is a very overrated HC who is not better than Pederson. Has not had the success Pederson has had and has not been able to beat Pederson when they have coached against each other despite McVay having all of the advantages in those games.
I'd take McVay over Pederson, but I would take either of them over Garrett. Dosnt hurt my feelings in the least to see them both in the top ten head coaches. As of this moment as we speak. They should be rated near each other. So you guys are kinda splitting hairs right now.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take McVay over Pederson, but I would take either of them over Garrett. Dosnt hurt my feelings in the least to see them both in the top ten head coaches. As of this moment as we speak. They should be rated near each other. So you guys are kinda splitting hairs right now.

Not really. One is undefeated against the other and is a Super Bowl champion while the other was absolutely embarrassed against the same HC/defensive mastermind in the Super Bowl that Pederson demolished.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. One is undefeated against the other and is a Super Bowl champion while the other was absolutely embarrassed against the same HC/defensive mastermind in the Super Bowl that Pederson demolished.
Well one thing Belichick is known for.
Learning & adapting.
One could point out. What really has Pedersen done outside of that one cinderella season. Which is kind of unfair as his career really isnt long enough to do that too, yet.

but also. The NFL adapts well to new things.
What has Pedersen done since the NFL adjusted to him.
What has McVay done since the NFL adjusted to him.
(after their superbowls) Both of done less, but which will adjust back sooner.
Pedersen's time has been longer since their superbowl.

As far as head to head. I dont put much stock in those. We are talking of playing 31 other teams not head to head.

Jeff Fisher seemed to have Pete Carroll's # all the time.
No one in their right mind would claim Fisher was better coach than Carroll (well maybe Hammerdown :heh: )

If I had to make an argument for why one was one better than the other. I could probably argue both cases. like I said it is splitting hairs right now.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing Belichick is known for.
Learning & adapting.
One could point out. What really has Pedersen done outside of that one cinderella season. Which is kind of unfair as his career really isnt long enough to do that too, yet.

but also. The NFL adapts well to new things.
What has Pedersen done since the NFL adjusted to him.
What has McVay done since the NFL adjusted to him.
(after their superbowls) Both of done less, but which will adjust back sooner.
Pedersen's time has been longer since their superbowl.

As far as head to head. I dont put much stock in those. We are talking of playing 31 other teams not head to head.

Jeff Fisher seemed to have Pete Carroll's # all the time.
No one in their right mind would claim Fisher was better coach than Carroll (well maybe Hammerdown :heh: )

If I had to make an argument for why one was one better than the other. I could probably argue both cases. like I said it is splitting hairs right now.

Learning & adapting? Are you trying to say that the reason Pederson put up 41 points on BB and McVay only put up 3 a year later was due to learning & adapting? I mean that would make sense if BB was playing Pederson a 2nd time in the Super Bowl instead of McVay. But since that wasn't the case, that makes no sense.

What has Pederson done? He has continued to make the playoffs. In the two seasons since he won the Super Bowl he has has made the playoffs each year and won his division again despite an onslaught of injuries.

McVay got embarrassed in the Super Bowl then went onto miss the playoffs the following season.

I fail to see how head to head for HCs does not come into play when you are discussing the two HCs. But you are right, no one would claim Fisher is a better HC than Pete Carroll. Pete Carroll won a Super Bowl like Doug Pederson has, while Fisher lost a Super Bowl like Sean McVay has.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learning & adapting? Are you trying to say that the reason Pederson put up 41 points on BB and McVay only put up 3 a year later was due to learning & adapting? I mean that would make sense if BB was playing Pederson a 2nd time in the Super Bowl instead of McVay. But since that wasn't the case, that makes no sense.

What has Pederson done? He has continued to make the playoffs. In the two seasons since he won the Super Bowl he has has made the playoffs each year and won his division again despite an onslaught of injuries.

McVay got embarrassed in the Super Bowl then went onto miss the playoffs the following season.

I fail to see how head to head for HCs does not come into play when you are discussing the two HCs. But you are right, no one would claim Fisher is a better HC than Pete Carroll. Pete Carroll won a Super Bowl like Doug Pederson has, while Fisher lost a Super Bowl like Sean McVay has.
I am not emotionally invested in this argument.
but The NE defense that played in the Rams Superbowl was simply badass. All year long. that is not the defense the eagles hung 41 on.

BTW if I were to argue for Pedersen. I would point out many things you have. I am not saying your arguments are off kilter at all. just at this time, if I had to pick one or the other to be my next HC. I would give the edge to McVay.
No offense.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said what I said, I'll McVay now and in the future over Pederson. Disagree if you want. I'm not going to keep arguing about it.