• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 Favorite Martial Arts Movies

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**I have never seen any of the IP Man movies, though I have heard good things**

Martial Arts Movies

10. The Protector
9. Unleashed
8. The Raid 2
7. The Legend of the Drunken Master
6. Kung Fu Hustle
5. The Matrix
4. Warrior
3. Rumble in the Bronx
2. Enter The Dragon
1. The Raid Redemption

If you have not seen The Raid Redemption... check it out. It has some badass fight scenes and is pracitcally nonstop from start to finish. I wanted to put more Jackie Chan on, but I could probably to an entire list of Chan honestly. But Rumble in the Bronx is a special one for me as it was my first Jackie Chan movie.

With that said... Jackie Chan is the GOAT. Fight me.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**I have never seen any of the IP Man movies, though I have heard good things**

Martial Arts Movies

10. The Protector
9. Unleashed
8. The Raid 2
7. The Legend of the Drunken Master
6. Kung Fu Hustle
5. The Matrix
4. Warrior
3. Rumble in the Bronx
2. Enter The Dragon
1. The Raid Redemption
If you have not seen The Raid Redemption... check it out. It has some badass fight scenes and is pracitcally nonstop from start to finish. I wanted to put more Jackie Chan on, but I could probably to an entire list of Chan honestly. But Rumble in the Bronx is a special one for me as it was my first Jackie Chan movie.

With that said... Jackie Chan is the GOAT. Fight me.

It's so difficult to rank/rate the 'best' martial arts movies.
Sometimes a bad movie can have the best fight scene.
However, it's a great idea for folks to share movies that maybe we haven't seen.

The Raid movies are fantastic. I'll watch anything that director Gareth Evans puts out there and I haven't seen Gangs of London yet.

For Bruce Lee, Game of Death isn't a great movie, but when he climbs the stairs and has to fight a 'boss' on each level, it is essentially the building block for every platform fighting video game that emerged afterwards. Though, I have to agree that Enter the Dragon is probably his best movie. Honorable mention for when he fights Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon.

Jackie Chan has made so many movies. Rumble in the Bronx is a terrible movie, but some of those fight scenes are like watching a ballet with the choreography and all. For me, it's Legend of Drunken Master. It's kind of slow, but the the fights scenes are iconic, especially against the ax gang and the last half hour. Notable other movies : Project A for the stunts, Wheels on Meals for his fight with Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez, Dragons Forever where he teams up with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao has some classic fight scenes on a boat and at the end, Big Brawl which was kind of his first US movie has some fun training and fight scenes, and Armor of God when he fights the amazons at the end.

Sammo Hung also appears in Millionaire's Express with Richard Norton and Cynthia Rothrock. If you check their filmography's, there's a lot of cheesy movies to mull over, but occasionally a decent movie sneaks in with some nice action.

The Ip Man movies are solid, but feature more storytelling. If you want a classic Donnie Yen movie, try Iron Monkey. One of my favorite martial arts movies with an legendary climactic battle on top of burning poles at the end. Just great action throughout, though. Highly recommend.

And if we're going old school, I would also recommend :
Super Ninjas or Five Element Ninjas : old school Shaw brothers movie with some classic training/fights and one helluva ending
Five Deadly Venoms : another old school Shaw brothers classic
Shogun's Ninja : can get a bit bizarre at times, but any movie with spider ninjas and I'm in

Also, pretty sure you can search on Youtube to find the individual fights if you don't have access to the entire movie.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy all of the Chick Norris films. I do like your list though OP. Enter the Dragon was probably my favorite.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one place you have not looked. It is there you will find the answer

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one place you have not looked. It is there you will find the answer

Oh, yes.
A classic!

Not sure if Taimak ever made another movie again, but we did get Vanity and Sho' Nuff!!!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, yes.
A classic!

Not sure if Taimak ever made another movie again, but we did get Vanity and Sho' Nuff!!!!
Best bad guy ever

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IP MAN without a doubt. but because of Cheung tin chi and Louis Fan and their skills as villains. IP is a great series with outstanding villains who are comparable in talent to those used in Enter the Dragon
Any Jet Li movie. Outstanding talent but really shows the movements without large doses of acrobatics
Jackie Chan shows limited arts in most of his movies but in the Forbidden Kingdom, he really exposes his talent, his best fight scene.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kung Pao, Enter the Fist.

Any movie with a Uniboob chick and a kickboxing cow has to top them all.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IP MAN without a doubt. but because of Cheung tin chi and Louis Fan and their skills as villains. IP is a great series with outstanding villains who are comparable in talent to those used in Enter the Dragon
Any Jet Li movie. Outstanding talent but really shows the movements without large doses of acrobatics
Jackie Chan shows limited arts in most of his movies but in the Forbidden Kingdom, he really exposes his talent, his best fight scene.
Jet Li in Fist of Legend is top notch.
Good call.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jet Li in Fist of Legend is top notch.
Good call.
I think Jet Li provides more technique in his scenes/ movies than any other, ( maybe the IPMan series is close but it's a close call ) Fist of legend is a fabulous movie. ( a big Jet Li fan here)

I do believe that not only does the sta play a significant role in martial arts movies but so does the villain. If not for the villain, the sequences and fights would just be KATA. Jet Li provides us with excellent artists, not just thugs or bullies. The same for IP Man and here is where I give Donnie Yen the edge. We must also remember there are differences in Chinese film and American film directors. Some Chinese directors like fluff and theatrics to spice their films.

Not a big Chuck Norris fan .

Nobody mentioned "the transporter " series, Jason Stratham is an excellent actor and has nice fight scenes.