• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Steelers in dark on Roethlisberger's claim of broken ribs - ESPN

USATODAY.com - Cowher denies Big Ben played vs. Patriots with broken toes

This makes at least 3 times he has released injury info to the media that the Steelers have either refuted or not released themselves...

/Like i said i'm awaiting the doctors word or something from the Steelers before i buy into the "i could die"...

All I can say is that I believe such an injury to be life threatening. If you look at pictures you can see just how close that first rib is to a plethora of important things. I just couldn't tell you how long a dislocation would take. Posterior dislocations of any ribs are pretty dangerous, and pretty dang painful. Every breath shifts your ribs...so that complicates things. Honestly though, after you displace something and it's reduced, not sure what else they're going to want to see before they clear him. I dunno, I believe that's his injury. In those other situations I have a feeling that the Steelers were just peeved that he released info they wanted to keep close to the chest.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that I believe such an injury to be life threatening. If you look at pictures you can see just how close that first rib is to a plethora of important things. I just couldn't tell you how long a dislocation would take. Posterior dislocations of any ribs are pretty dangerous, and pretty dang painful. Every breath shifts your ribs...so that complicates things. Honestly though, after you displace something and it's reduced, not sure what else they're going to want to see before they clear him. I dunno, I believe that's his injury. In those other situations I have a feeling that the Steelers were just peeved that he released info they wanted to keep close to the chest.

Or inside of the chest in this case. Very punny, Pix.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of Ben missing Ravens games....you could be Johnny Unitas..but what good are you if you're hurt every year?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect anything from the Skins this year, but it would be nice to finish off the Eagles' "dynasty" today.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect anything from the Skins this year, but it would be nice to finish off the Eagles' "dynasty" today.

They had a stat on CBS that the Redskins are 0-8 against rookie QB's.

/Not all-time, but the last 8 times they have faced one.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a stat on CBS that the Redskins are 0-8 against rookie QB's.

/Not all-time, but the last 8 times they have faced one.

It's true. 8 in a row. We suck.

On the plus side, we haven't burned any cars after any of those 8 losses.

TD! Beat the fucking Eagles and the shittiest fans in football (apologies Eagles fans i like on here, but I HATE your fucking fanbased).

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true. 8 in a row. We suck.

On the plus side, we haven't burned any cars after any of those 8 losses.

TD! Beat the fucking Eagles and the shittiest fans in football (apologies Eagles fans i like on here, but I HATE your fucking fanbased).

I hope the skins win but more importantly i want 35+ points scored...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick of Ben missing Ravens games....you could be Johnny Unitas..but what good are you if you're hurt every year?

It's funny...when you look at the rivalry over the last 5 or so years, the Steelers have pretty much owned it. UNLESS Ben is out. That's it. Unfortunately he's always out for these games. Looks like he *may* be back for the next one though.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny...when you look at the rivalry over the last 5 or so years, the Steelers have pretty much owned it. UNLESS Ben is out...

What's it like for female fans of the Steelers, Pix? I mean, I know Ben is your QB, but the guy is clearly a rapist. I'm just curious how a home team female fan feels about him and what is the general vibe in Pittsburgh among female fans. I imagine it's a hard situation to reconcile as a fan.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man the cowboys are a terrible football team. just terrible.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reduced to taking them in my survival league :L
otherwise, I wouldn't mind seeing them suck.

its only 13 points but jesus really 13-0 at the half. at HOME... they need to get their shit together. 68 total yards in the 1st half. romo puke

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Redskins just throw a fucking slant or a button hook or something? Everything has to be a fucking option pitch WR screen BS.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Jets.....Man I hate them but the Rams suck dick !!! :boss:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Redskins just throw a fucking slant or a button hook or something? Everything has to be a fucking option pitch WR screen BS.

Don't worry Elo your playing the Eagles and they have fallen apart.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry Elo your playing the Eagles and they have fallen apart.

Fuck the Eagles! I love it. I have to go to work today and work late, but I gave myself the afternoon off to enjoy the game - at least it was worthwhile this week.

When I look at our football team and what we have on paper, I think about when I was growing up and the great San Francisco 49er teams, the great Green Bay Packer teams, and the great Dallas Cowboy teams, how they just positioned themselves to compete and be one of the best teams out there. I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty. -Michael Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.