• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:cheer2:

A8Awn8rCMAA_L1r.jpg

Is that the worst +/- in the league? Ha, HEBLOWS !!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I expected worse from the Steelers. The D was fantastic, and Byron horrendous.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if I need to re-evaluate my NFL teams.

The Bills...well, they're the Bills. 'Nuff said.

And the friggin' Panthers once again blow a 4th quarter lead. Those guys are so bad that they're 0-11 on coin tosses even this season!

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if I need to re-evaluate my NFL teams.

The Bills...well, they're the Bills. 'Nuff said.

And the friggin' Panthers once again blow a 4th quarter lead. Those guys are so bad that they're 0-11 on coin tosses even this season!

Who keeps track of that? Haha!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we blame Cam Newton for that too?

Most stuff I've seen is blaming the coach instead of Cam this time around.

I'm pretty much onboard with that. They call too many stupid plays and don't ever take any chances. There seems to be a lack of confidence in the O too, because they always play it safe on 3rd and long with the expectation of missing and relying on the D to save them.

But then they have the D give the receivers a 7 yard cushion and they get smoked on short pass plays and runs on the final drives.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most stuff I've seen is blaming the coach instead of Cam this time around.

I'm pretty much onboard with that. They call too many stupid plays and don't ever take any chances. There seems to be a lack of confidence in the O too, because they always play it safe on 3rd and long with the expectation of missing and relying on the D to save them.

But then they have the D give the receivers a 7 yard cushion and they get smoked on short pass plays and runs on the final drives.

I agree to a point. Cam's going through the same thing that Vick and Flutie went through. He had a great coming out party, but defenses have caught up. He can be a really good QB, the coaching staff just needs to keep his game progressing with more complexity. That one-read system is something that's used for rookies. He passed that test, so it's time to expand. From what I've seen, they haven't yet.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point. Cam's going through the same thing that Vick and Flutie went through. He had a great coming out party, but defenses have caught up. He can be a really good QB, the coaching staff just needs to keep his game progressing with more complexity. That one-read system is something that's used for rookies. He passed that test, so it's time to expand. From what I've seen, they haven't yet.

No, spending too much time keeping him in option-style reads and conservative play-calling. For some reason, they let him take a lot more chances as a rookie than they're letting him take as a sophomore. Shockingly his stats and the team's success have tanked this year.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, spending too much time keeping him in option-style reads and conservative play-calling. For some reason, they let him take a lot more chances as a rookie than they're letting him take as a sophomore. Shockingly his stats and the team's success have tanked this year.

Maybe it's an offense designed for a lefty? They should probably just trade him for Tebow and be done with it.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Leftwich played with 2 broken ribs. Anybody who watched the game could see he was hurt. Except Mike Tomlin obviously...

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Leftwich played with 2 broken ribs. Anybody who watched the game could see he was hurt. Except Mike Tomlin obviously...

Yeah. The thing is that I don't see him disclosing that during the game because he doesn't get in much. He's still trying to start somewhere.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much of that is on the coach versus the medical staff though? Maybe Tomlin wasn't fed all the info that he needed to pull Leftwich from the game?

/Not much of a ringing endorsement for Charlie Batch, is it?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of that is on the coach versus the medical staff though? Maybe Tomlin wasn't fed all the info that he needed to pull Leftwich from the game?

Somewhere Vince Young is sitting, anxiously waiting for his phone to ring.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point Dash, i do remember Michelle Tafoya (i think) reporting from the sideline that the trainers never approached him until late in the 4th quarter.

He broke the ribs on his touchdown run (3rd play of the game).

In other developments i just saw on the local newscast the Steelers are bringing in Plaxico Burress for a physical. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.