• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats. take out all but $100 and start again :D

who we betting with?

i HAVE TO withdraw at least $2000 because I know what comes next ... it's happened before lol

... week 11 > why not a $100 bet??? > instead of a 7 game parlay ... hell!!! ... why not an 11 game parlay??? :L

what could go wrong???!!!

/bodog

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you took the over in the Stamps - Riders game jstew. The spread was Stamps -5.5 so that late rouge by Paredes made the Stamps a winner both on the field and at the betting window.

/congrats on the wager

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you took the over in the Stamps - Riders game jstew. The spread was Stamps -5.5 so that late rouge by Paredes made the Stamps a winner both on the field and at the betting window.

/congrats on the wager

thank dash ... the main reason im using bodog now is because the aussie/uk site i used for over 10 years (publically traded company) stopped taking bets/offering odds on CFL games

maybe they werent getting enought action on them ??? :noidea:

/or too much action :tinfoil3:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again the officials did everything they possibly could to give the Steelers the win. That holding call to take away a TD was PATHETIC. There were so many instances in which Steelers lineman did much worse & nothing was called. We know the officiating is bad when the commentators are saying bad calls were made. WHAT A JOKE!!

It was terrible...just a terribly officiated game. That hold was the worst of it. But yeah, I just viewed it as a "Sorry we sucked last week" gift.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was terrible...just a terribly officiated game. That hold was the worst of it. But yeah, I just viewed it as a "Sorry we sucked last week" gift.

The issue I have with that is that the Steelers still won last week despite the horrible officiating.

With the exception of the Green Bay vs. Seattle game earlier this season I'm not going to blame the refs for costing a team the game (KC in this case)...but KC is bad enough on their own, they don't need the refs against them too.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet...the replay officials allowed this one to stand :L

Yeah, I thought for sure it would be ruled a fumble, and the Panthers would get the ball on the 20 yard line.

I was laughing at him till I saw that the TD actually counted. :L

NFL issued the statement saying that the officials screwed it up. Wouldn't have mattered because Carolina was so out-classed in that one anyhow.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL issued the statement saying that the officials screwed it up. Wouldn't have mattered because Carolina was so out-classed in that one anyhow.

Still good of the NFL to acknowledge the error. I doubt the NHL would be that forthcoming (very hesistant to acknowledge errors from either on-ice or off-ice officials)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice!!!

(does Mrs Jstew know?)

Mrs jstew is a cga, does our budget and keeps me on a very tight leash

upon hearing of the winnings she announced I was off the hook for tiling the front entrance hallway of our house and we will be using an actual tiling contractor to do the area ... which will save my back so i gladly said thank you and promptly ate the gruel she slapped onto my dog dish

she also made plans to visit her sister in law in seattle next weekend for xmas shopping and possibly looking for a new dishwasher so i could be wrong but i think the winnings got spent :noidea:

meanwhile my brother is flying to London for 2 weeks to watch 5 soccer games live (including the Real Man City champs league game)

/I did buy a case of Canadian yesterday and got a great free Grey Cup tshirt though!!!

//Im not bitter

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they got the incomplete forward pass call correct this week. :D

And isles, this game has nothing on the debacle last weekend against the ny midgets. That was quite possibly the worst officiated game, ever.

Wrong, that would be the Super Bowl the Steelers won against Seattle. Talk about giving a team a Championship. Just about everytime Seattle made a good play a penalty flag was thrown.

I'm beginning to believe the replacement Refs were better than these idiots.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, that would be the Super Bowl the Steelers won against Seattle. Talk about giving a team a Championship. Just about everytime Seattle made a good play a penalty flag was thrown.

give Seattle a touch down and a field goal, and they still lose. biggest play of the game was Parker's SB record setting td run to lead off the second half.

at the end of the day, it's just more ineptitude by the officials, like in every game.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. There is a Seattle article the day after the game breaking down all the calls and basically only one was flagrantly wrong (the 15-yard illegal block, which didn't affect the score anyway). All the rest were judgement calls (Ben at the goal line, offensive holding) or correctly called (the offensive PI push-off).

Agreed. There have been so many games called (and even reviewed) poorly this year, both with replacement refs and without. There is no excuse for it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give Seattle a touch down and a field goal, and they still lose. biggest play of the game was Parker's SB record setting td run to lead off the second half.

at the end of the day, it's just more ineptitude by the officials, like in every game.

Is it too much to ask for the officials to let the players play since they can't call it fair for both sides? Officials shouldn't be deciding football games period.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too much to ask for the officials to let the players play since they can't call it fair for both sides? Officials shouldn't be deciding football games period.

It's not about fair for both sides. They don't keep score on how much for or against their calls go against team A compared to team B.

They just flat out can't do their job error free. It's always been like that, and it always will be. I admit that immediately following a game i like to believe there is some conspiracy, but I then remember the last time a ref blew a call... which is usually just the last game I watched :doh:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really terrible is that they're blowing reviews this year too. YOU'RE WATCHING IT ON REPLAY. How can you get that wrong? The concept of needing indisputable evidence is lost on me. Make the right call.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really terrible is that they're blowing reviews this year too. YOU'RE WATCHING IT ON REPLAY. How can you get that wrong? The concept of needing indisputable evidence is lost on me. Make the right call.

What I don't understand is we can watch the play on TV & see the play clearly, while an official can have the same play right in front of him & get it wrong.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still good of the NFL to acknowledge the error. I doubt the NHL would be that forthcoming (very hesistant to acknowledge errors from either on-ice or off-ice officials)

Yeah, though I would prefer also an announcement that the replay official has been suspended for next week or something as punishment for screwing up so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.