• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of helmet-to-helmet hits, this one went unpenalized in a CFL game this past weekend (resulted in a turnover and Sask. scored a TD shortly afterwards).

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep an eye on this young man....Kiko Alonso.

Alonso’s effort in Sunday’s 24-23 win over the Carolina Panthers at Ralph Wilson Stadium was a tour de force. He finished with 10 tackles, one sack, one interception and one pass defensed.

“I came in here just wanting to help the team win,” said the soft-spoken 23-year-old from Los Gatos, Calif. “The team put me in a position to do that, which is great. I’m just trying to make the most of it.”

Alonso’s 19 tackles through the first two games ranks tied for eighth in the NFL prior to Monday night’s game, and is the most among the league’s rookies.

“He has the ability to be a three-down player and we saw that early on,” Bills coach Doug Marrone said. “I think that’s what we’re getting out of him.”

Alonso’s ability to play against both the run and the pass was on display Sunday against Carolina. Because of that, he’s become an indispensable part of the defense.

His pursuit of the ball is best described as relentless.

“You know, I’m just giving my best effort, honestly,” he said. “That’s always how I’ve played.”

Alonso’s first career sack came on the final play of the game. With the Panthers trying to set up a desperation Hail Mary, he came in on a slightly delayed blitz from the right side, blowing by left tackle Jordan Gross and bringing Cam Newton down.

“You have to be versatile. You have to be able to cover somebody, you have to be able to rush the passer, you have to be able to blitz,” fellow linebacker Manny Lawson said of Alonso. “He’s a very versatile middle linebacker. He’s always somewhere around the ball.”

I like his attitude and his energy.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost hard to believe that Kiko is a rookie with the way he's playing so far. He is easily one of the top defensive players on the Bills right now, and he plays 110% on every play.

And if you remember in the game against the Pats, he was the reason why they didn't score on that one drive they had. He stopped the RB right at the goal line on a tremendous hit, and then recovered the fumble on the snap when it was 4th and goal.

Very impressed so far. The kid's a stud.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost hard to believe that Kiko is a rookie with the way he's playing so far. He is easily one of the top defensive players on the Bills right now, and he plays 110% on every play.

And if you remember in the game against the Pats, he was the reason why they didn't score on that one drive they had. He stopped the RB right at the goal line on a tremendous hit, and then recovered the fumble on the snap when it was 4th and goal.

Very impressed so far. The kid's a stud.

Yep, That was one hell of a great play. I do like his attitude a lot. Not cocky just let's his play speak for it.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
xnpO6Om.jpg

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be 0-2 too if all you had were useless lamp posts at running back and wide receiver. Even Big Ben cannot will this group of misfits to a victory.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be 0-2 too if all you had were useless lamp posts at running back and wide receiver. Even Big Ben cannot will this group of misfits to a victory.

Maybe some off-field distractions are in order :noidea:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't the skill positions as much (well, it is, but) as it is the horribly young, inexperienced, and downright dreadful OL. Can't make holes for the RB and can't pass protect for more than 2 seconds. I remember an end-around that was blown up in the backfield because the tackle missed his outside assignment. :L

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guy's remember a few years back when the NFL was going to charge the home team with a "Delay of game" penalty if the crowd was too loud and the offense couldn't hear the signals? That went over real well. And no I'm NOT kidding, anyone else remember this?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guy's remember a few years back when the NFL was going to charge the home team with a "Delay of game" penalty if the crowd was too loud and the offense couldn't hear the signals? That went over real well. And no I'm NOT kidding, anyone else remember this?

I remember that, I think it was a rule for 2 or 3 years.

Actually, looking it up the rule might still be on the books but the NFL just 'relaxed' its enforcement of it.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As the NFL continues to make games more fun for the fans in the stands, the league is allowing teams to encourage fans to make more noise.

In the past, the league has frowned on attempts by the home teams to rile up their fans to make noise, on the theory that it’s unfair to the road team’s offense to create an atmosphere so loud that they can’t call out their signals.

NFL eases up on restricting crowd noise | ProFootballTalk

Mike Ditka wasn't happy about it:

“It’s stupid,” Ditka said. “The NFL . . . who are they appealing to? It would be like the owners working at their desk, and all of a sudden they encourage people to come in their office and make a lot of noise. It doesn’t make sense. The key to football is you want to be able to see it executed properly. You want to hear the snap count. You want to see these guys use their talents where they’re not tainted. Sometimes when you have crowd noise, you’re not seeing the player at his best.”

Mike Ditka calls encouraging crowd noise ?stupid? | ProFootballTalk

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that, I think it was a rule for 2 or 3 years.

Actually, looking it up the rule might still be on the books but the NFL just 'relaxed' its enforcement of it.

Yep, One of the dumbest rules ever !!!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly what started that BS was some stadiums were "amplifying" the crowd noise I'm pretty sure Arrowhead Stadium was one of the ones named. In that case I can see it but if the crowd noise in natural then that's just part of the game, deal with it.

Good post IPW thanks.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that crowd noise is approaching the nonsensical zone. :sorry:

Weren't some stadiums actually designed to keep crowd noise in? If it gets so loud that the players on the field can't hear each other, how's that any different than the guy blowing a whistle from the stands? :noidea:

I'm not saying that 100,000 people have to sit in utter silence, but hopefully people can see my point.

EDIT: Not to mention blasting people's ears out for four continuous hours.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember close up shots of sound meters, man that was exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.