• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that crowd noise is approaching the nonsensical zone. :sorry:

Weren't some stadiums actually designed to keep crowd noise in? If it gets so loud that the players on the field can't hear each other, how's that any different than the guy blowing a whistle from the stands? :noidea:

I'm not saying that 100,000 people have to sit in utter silence, but hopefully people can see my point.

EDIT: Not to mention blasting people's ears out for four continuous hours.

The Oil thing in Indy had speakers in the ceiling so if the crowd wasn't loud enough, they could augment it.

I wonder if it's the same in NHL arenas? I've noticed the "flashbulbs" going off are usually up in the rafters. I imagine in some arenas that get overrun with certain "enemy fans" probably have some sort of "boost" when the home team fans get loud.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a few teams accused of doing this, the latest being the Redskins:

The Redskins May Have Been Pumping Artificial Crowd Noise Into The Stadium During Yesterday's Game

Now that I have a problem with, to me that's an artificial advantage and shouldn't be allowed.

WW, Yes the acoustics are different because of design esp in arena's. I'm not sure how much emphasis they put on it when they design the stadium or arena but it's possible they do but how would they be able to regulate it?

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I have a problem with, to me that's an artificial advantage and shouldn't be allowed.

WW, Yes the acoustics are different because of design esp in arena's. I'm not sure how much emphasis they put on it when they design the stadium or arena but it's possible they do but how would they be able to regulate it?

You're asking me? I'm a fucking bird!

oh_look_at_the_time.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that crowd noise is approaching the nonsensical zone. :sorry:

Weren't some stadiums actually designed to keep crowd noise in? If it gets so loud that the players on the field can't hear each other, how's that any different than the guy blowing a whistle from the stands? :noidea:

I'm not saying that 100,000 people have to sit in utter silence, but hopefully people can see my point.

EDIT: Not to mention blasting people's ears out for four continuous hours.

they were just talking on the radio about teams using the big screen to prompt the crowd to get loud ... I think that needs to stop

but penalizing fans who make noise ??? thats what home field advantage has always been about ... making it tough for the opposition to come in and leave as winners

the thing about the clink in seattle is that for the most part the crowds are just astute and take pride in being the 12th man like no other crowd in the NFL. They know that on 3rd and long they can make an impact and possibly force a motion call on the opposition ... and it goes both ways (ie they fucked the hawks on that blocked punt when THEIR team thought a whistle went)

really envy the way the seahawks fans amp it up (canucks fans are too busy telling others at games to be quiet :L )

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were just talking on the radio about teams using the big screen to prompt the crowd to get loud ... I think that needs to stop

but penalizing fans who make noise ??? thats what home field advantage has always been about ... making it tough for the opposition to come in and leave as winners

the thing about the clink in seattle is that for the most part the crowds are just astute and take pride in being the 12th man like no other crowd in the NFL. They know that on 3rd and long they can make an impact and possibly force a motion call on the opposition ... and it goes both ways (ie they fucked the hawks on that blocked punt when the teams thought a whistle went)

really envy the way the seahawks fans amp it up (canucks fans are too busy telling others at games to be quiet :L )

I'm not going to pretend there aren't all kinds of problems with my viewpoint. For example, who determines how much noise is too much noise? That's going to be a really subjective call, too.

However, when people are purposely aiming for Guinness world records* for crowd noise in a direct attempt to change the outcome of the game (and succeed), well, I think that's borderline cheating and something has gone too far. What, your defense can't make the stop on 3rd and short on its own?

*This is not meant as a shot at the Seattle Seahawks, a team that I like

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS??????

I'd be loud as fuck too if I wasn't getting a fair deal on my beer!

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to pretend there aren't all kinds of problems with my viewpoint. For example, who determines how much noise is too much noise? That's going to be a really subjective call, too.

However, when people are purposely aiming for Guinness world records* for crowd noise in a direct attempt to change the outcome of the game (and succeed), well, I think that's borderline cheating and something has gone too far. What, your defense can't make the stop on 3rd and short on its own?

Be Verwy verwy quiet, I'm hunting Winged Wheels...

Elmer.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thing about it is that every game at the clink probably approaches that record decibel level :noidea:

As a fan ... if an opposing fanbase has the idea that they can have an impact on the game and make my team lose by using noise to disrupt ... i wouldnt complain or write "how dare they" letters to the editor ... Id try to one-up them ... fight fire with fire ... not with a STRONGLY WORDED MEMO

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing about it is that every game at the clink probably approaches that record decibel level :noidea:

As a fan ... if an opposing fanbase has the idea that they can have an impact on the game and make my team lose by using noise to disrupt ... i wouldnt complain or write "how dare they" letters to the editor ... Id try to one-up them ... fight fire with fire ... not with a STRONGLY WORDED MEMO

That's what I'm afraid of. :D

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Cleveland. When is the last time you literally saw a team throw the towel in after week 2?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Browns are going in the toilet in the hopes of landing Johnny Football?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Baltimore is a good football town. They lost the Colts and the Stallions, the Stallions after winning a Grey Cup.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Baltimore is a good football town. They lost the Colts and the Stallions, the Stallions after winning a Grey Cup.

I preferred Baltimore 'CFL' Colts as the name for the CFL team in Baltimore...

Status
Not open for further replies.