• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hope Tebow finds a spot. It would have to be a team where there is absolutely no question who the QB is and the media wouldn't overhype him. A team like Green Bay would be a good fit for Tebow in my opinion.

peter king just said green bay or san fran for same reasons.

hed be a great fit in dallas then... we dont overhype our QBs at all

tebow doesnt hype tebow, blame the media

Any of you hockey fans know if there are any teams in the CFL where he might land?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peter king just said green bay or san fran for same reasons.

tebow doesnt hype tebow, blame the media

Any of you hockey fans know if there are any teams in the CFL where he might land?

Ottawa - new re-re-expansion (they have folded twice) team for next year maybe

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is probably jumping for joy this morning...I'd RUN away from THAT circus. I just wish the guy would convert into a TE...because if he has the hands, that'd work.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is probably jumping for joy this morning...I'd RUN away from THAT circus. I just wish the guy would convert into a TE...because if he has the hands, that'd work.

i dont think he wants to play anything other than qb. if he did im sure the jets could have traded him.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really agree with this. He'd make a lot less and have some just as tough a time of making a roster as a TE. His weapons are at QB. If he were to convert, could he be any different from any other practice squad TE or FB?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think he wants to play anything other than qb. if he did im sure the jets could have traded him.

oh to be in the situation to demand what position you play in the NFL.... :dreaming:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor a team offered a trade to the Jets and he shot it down because they wanted him to shift to TE. I think he goes CFL. Maybe we see him again in a few years when they distraction has died down a bit.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he could be a pretty good slotback...

...in the CFL.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow always talks about he would do whatever to help a team win but then they say we could use you at TE and he is like nah im good. Clearly he is not wanted as a QB. I would rather be a TE in the NFL than a CFL QB if I were in his shoes. He would be a beast fit in Washington I bet as a Y back/TE type role.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he gets a shot with Montreal in the CFL (as a backup to Calvillo):

TSNDaveNaylor: Mtl GM Jim Popp on Tebow: "(New head coach) Dan Hawkins is a fan."#cfl #nfl

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, the Patriots getting LaGarret Blount for practically nothing could wind up being a sneaky great trade.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's biggest asset was arm strength. He played in bad weather at Michigan & never had a problem throwing the ball. Has Manuel ever seen snow in his life?

Manuel is a Virginia native, and said the cold weather doesn’t bother him.

“Ya know the cold isn't a problem, it's still football at the end of the day,” Manuel said.

When a reporter asked him about all of the snow in Buffalo, he replied, "Hey, I'll get my shovel."

EJ Manuel talks Buffalo weather | WIVB.com

I'm with a lot of people that I like Manuel as a Bill, I just hate where they took him.

I think they really could have drafted a top WR (Patterson) with the 16th pick and still had Manuel in the 2nd and could still have gotten Woods too.

I think he'll be good, but it was a HUGE reach to take him at 16. The fact that only Smith went in the 2nd and only Glennon in the 3rd is solid evidence that teams weren't all that interested in QBs this year.

Yet people would have been just fine with the Bills taking Smith or Nassib with the 8th overall pick? After all, that's what all the "experts" were thinking. Manuel was their guy from the start, and they managed to get him and picked up 2 more picks.

Any QB this year is a gamble, but the Bills desperately needed one, and they couldn't afford to let the one they wanted slip away. Now we play the waiting game

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manuel is a Virginia native, and said the cold weather doesn’t bother him.

“Ya know the cold isn't a problem, it's still football at the end of the day,” Manuel said.

When a reporter asked him about all of the snow in Buffalo, he replied, "Hey, I'll get my shovel."

EJ Manuel talks Buffalo weather | WIVB.com

Yet people would have been just fine with the Bills taking Smith or Nassib with the 8th overall pick? After all, that's what all the "experts" were thinking. Manuel was their guy from the start, and they managed to get him and picked up 2 more picks.

Any QB this year is a gamble, but the Bills desperately needed one, and they couldn't afford to let the one they wanted slip away. Now we play the waiting game

Other people perhaps, but not me. In fact, I stated earlier in this same thread that I didn't want any of the QBs at #8.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hey, I'll get my shovel" is a surprisingly great comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.