• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse than Chan Gailey who punts on the opponents own 35 yard line when trailing by 3 points late in the 4th Quarter? because it's impossible to kick a 50 yard FG in a Dome?

Watch, we'll bring back Lossman to coach or something?

There will be plenty of good coaches available after the season. Some we've never even heard of. Nobody knew who Mike Tomlin was until he got the Steelers H.C position. The question is will the Bills fire Gailey?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is will the Bills fire Gailey?

I doubt it. I bet they draft a QB and give him another chance to see what he can do. I can already hear all the same excuses.

Problem is that any "good" coacjes out there don't want to come to Buffalo. The Bills have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I bet they draft a QB and give him another chance to see what he can do. I can already hear all the same excuses.

Problem is that any "good" coacjes out there don't want to come to Buffalo. The Bills have to scrape the bottom of the barrel.

They need to stay away from a retread. Look around the league at all the assistant coaches & find their Tomlin. At one time Belicek was at the bottom of the coaching food chain.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just sit back, watch the Bills win their last 2 games to get to 7-9, and then watch them fuck themselves once again in the draft.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HayesTSN: This. Is. Beautiful. RT: @MichaelSBerger Tim Tebow, who was 0-for-1, had a better QB rating (39.6) than Mark Sanchez (32.6) tonight on MNF.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes deep*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that is amazing and bears repeating

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was going to watch that game, but I have Netflix, so you know. I did however double my vcash on the under 40 points mark. It would typically take those teams about three games to get there..

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will never get a quality coach to come here as long as Wilson owns the team. He has NEVER paid the going rate for a top coach or GM as long as he's has owned the team 1960. Look at the GM's, Butler was doing a good job moving up the list and bang gone, same goes for Polian.

Another owner getting the rep that no quality coach wants to play for is Jerry Jones, he may pay more than Wilson but is to "hands on" for a coach like Cowher. I had heard rumors abut Gruden going there but I don't see it happening.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowher would be a perfect fit for Buffalo. I doubt he ever gets back into nfl coaching, though. He seems content to stay in broadcasting. He'd be an excellent choice for the Bills.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So does this.

h1265E82C

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim could always give the CFL a try, a longer, wider field would definitely allow him to utilize his legs more. His major issue though is accuracy.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Tim could always give the CFL a try, a longer, wider field would definitely allow him to utilize his legs more. His major issue though is accuracy.

yeah, you need to be able to throw in the CFL.
also, MTL owns his rights, and have just signed Calvillo to a 2 year extension.
Calvillo is getting long in the tooth, but he CAN throw the ball.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, you need to be able to throw in the CFL.
also, MTL owns his rights, and have just signed Calvillo to a 2 year extension.
Calvillo is getting long in the tooth, but he CAN throw the ball.

He'd probably be a decent slotback, but it is likely his ego wouldn't agree to a position change.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Tebow in Canada for one simple reason. They wouldn't talk about him anymore in the States.:D:

Pfft.. just wait until half way through the season when a few starting QBs in the NFL go down. We'll have Tebow chants everywhere because he'll be considered an UFA. The Cards or Jags would have signed him this year if the Jets didn't own his papers.

The only way that it stops is if he fails as a starter.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@strombone1: So basically the New York Jets are starting Lack over Schneider after benching Luongo.... Am I doing this right?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont see it it all

like puckhead said ... you have to be able to throw the ball in the cfl ... I cant see Tebow being able to throw the deep out pattern on the sideline ... his mechanics are fucked up and it would take Wally Buono to fix them (like he did with Printers) and he doesnt coach anymore lol

No Matter How Hilarious It Would Be, Tim Tebow Will Never Play In The Canadian Football League

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Dual-threat quarterbacks like Russell Wilson, Robert Griffin III and Colin Kaepernick ... can both run and pass effectively; Tebow can only do one of these things, and that's what makes it difficult to see him as a good NFL fit going forward.

If that's true in the NFL, though, it's even more true in the CFL. With three downs, a bigger field and expanded motion, the Canadian game is even more passing-focused. Yes, some dual-threat quarterbacks have had success up north, most notably Damon Allen (Warren Moon, sometimes cited as an example there, didn't actually run very much in the CFL), but Allen was always quite capable in the passing game too. He was the CFL's leader in career passing yards until Anthony Calvillo broke his record in 2011, and his 56.4 percent career completion mark (much of which was recorded in an era that emphasized deep, lower-percentage throws more than today's game) makes Tebow's look like chopped liver by comparison.

Knowledgable as he is about what makes a quality CFL player, Bucholtz can't really envision any likely scenario where Tebow excels up north, not even remotely in the vague-ish way Florio hints:

The comedy of Tebow, a former Florida Gators star, being behind [Adrian] McPherson, who left rival Florida State following an infamous arrest, would be substantial, though. What would be even better would be if Tebow came to the CFL and had less success than another former Florida quarterback, the less-hyped Chris Leak, who infamously washed out in Montreal and then Saskatchewan. Beyond merely giving CFL fans a chance to laugh, though, there's no reason for the Alouettes to even consider Tebow. Simply put, Tim Tebow has done nothing that would suggest he'd be an effective CFL passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.