• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell, of course. I have a long time friend who is a huge Baltimore fan. He pointed out to me that the Ravens recent drafts haven't been very successful from a defensive standpoint. They were expecting quite a bit from Jimmy Smith, Terrence Cody and Sergio Kindle. All three were first or second round guys the past three drafts,and as he put it to me... "they're all bums".

I guess what he is most concerned about is the defense as a whole. This is an organization that has relied on exceptional play from the defensive side of the ball to keep them competitive. This season is an indication that those days are behind them. The advantage is moving to the other side of the ball.

They need to now rely on their offense to win football games. The scapegoat to this point had been Cameron. Now that he is gone, the magnifying glass is hovering over their QB, and rightly so. He has three weeks against three very tough opponents (Denver, NYG, Cin) to seal the deal.

I agree with everything here. I highlighted the bottom portion because it brings up a good question. If Flacco finishes badly against quality opponents, is his job in jeopardy?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with everything here. I highlighted the bottom portion because it brings up a good question. If Flacco finishes badly against quality opponents, is his job in jeopardy?

I think it very much so is in trouble. The fact that they didn't resign him speaks volumes. However, who are they going to replace him with? Maybe Cousins? Hah. The Ravens are in a very make or break situation. (I mean, the Steelers are for this season, but I'm actually fairly content with the future. We've had a lot of young guys step up on the defensive side of the ball.) I could EASILY see the Ravens lose out on the season. Then again, I could EASILY see them win out. They're so up and down it's silly. Our whole division is. If they somehow tumble out of the postseason, there's no way he's brought back on a deal he'd like...someone else will give him big money, but not in Baltimore.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Flacco is a good starting QB but I wouldnt think 3 games at the end of the year with a new coordinator would hurt his job too much. I don't really want them to resign him, certainly not long term, but I do think he will be the QB at the start of next season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith of the 49ers will probably be looking for a new team next season...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Flacco is a good starting QB but I wouldnt think 3 games at the end of the year with a new coordinator would hurt his job too much. I don't really want them to resign him, certainly not long term, but I do think he will be the QB at the start of next season.

I mostly agree with this. They'll give him a short term deal to stay, but I definitely think they'll look at the market/draft for another option this offseason as well.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he IS a good QB, just not a great one. There are only a handful of great QB's in the league. However, I don't see how the Ravens can afford to not bring him back, next year. Who else would they turn to?

I mostly agree with this. They'll give him a short term deal to stay, but I definitely think they'll look at the market/draft for another option this offseason as well.

If they cannot come to a contract agreement with Joe this off-season, I think they will tag him for 2013. They have no choice outside of some miracle trade.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens fired their offensive coordinator... in playoff position with 3 games to go?!? Seems kinda ridiculous and panicky. Especially since the offense has put up respectable numbers and it's not like Joe Falco is a world beater.

Playcalling was definately a factor. Flacco wants to run the no huddle & Ray Rice hasn't been getting the ball anywhere near enough.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick will be available as well. Philly seems to like Foles a lot.

If the Cowboys don't lock up Romo he could hit the open market as well.

Cowboys still have Romo for another year. Hopefully he actually gets a real play caller instead of Jason Garret.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys still have Romo for another year. Hopefully he actually gets a real play caller instead of Jason Garret.

Hmm... Why did they say on Disney this morning that he could be the #1 UFA QB if he wasn't locked up by the Cowboys? I guess they have their facts wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. LOL

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Vikings punter Chris Kluwe with an important message...

chris-kluwe-ray-guy-patch.jpg

Betcha he has a FedEx package in his locker this week from Roger for that little stunt.

$5,250. not bad
Chris Kluwe tweets he's been fined for Ray Guy note - NFL.com

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
52.50 - I think that might have been Ray Guy's punting average for his career.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick following a team that should have been much better but has a coach that's by far is the worst in the league.

What coach punts from the opposing teams 34 and 35 yard line with a kicker that has a good percentage of success? One in a dome stadium and one when the wind was 10 mph.

What coach runs the running back 16 times in two games that has the highest Yard per carry in the NFL by a mile, then he says he is "winded". There is no coach worse that Chan G. PERIOD!!!

We also have a DC that will not blitz even when his front four is being chipped by tight ends and backs. No wonder this fucking team if getting blasted by the local press and the deserve all of it.

It makes me fucking sick !!!

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh When he was asked why CJ was not in the game his reply was " It was Freddy Jackson's turn" This coming from the same asshole coach that said three weeks ago that he would go with CJ Spiller because he is the top running back because he was the hot running back. I guess leading the league in yards per carry isnt good enough. What a FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!

IM DONE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.