• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty good:

Asked by one reporter after the 58-0 thrashing at the hands of the Seattle Seahawks who would be starting at quarterback next week, Cards head coach Ken Whisenhunt asked, "Do you play?"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible starting QB's for Arizona next weekend:

Kurt Warner
Tim Tebow
Warren Moon
Shane Falco

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kurt Warner
Tim Tebow
Warren Moon
Shane Falco

Warner has said that he's not coming back, even though the Madden video game has suggested otherwise. Warren Moon doesn't like being a black quarterback. The Jets won't part ways with Tebow until the offseason because the trade deadline has passed. That just leaves the guy who collapsed in the Rose Bowl.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant may be out for the season with a finger injury that could require surgery. That's big for the Steelers...he's been burning CBs, and we're down Ike still.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals should look up North to find a QB for the rest of the season. There has to be a CFL QB better than anybody they have right now.

Travis Lulay of the BC Lions would be better than any of the QB's Arizona currently has on the roster.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss would remember this one - That Ken Whisenhunt quip reminded me of the John McKay comment when he was coaching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (in their original creamsicle uniforms). A reporter asked McKay how he felt about his team's execution.

McKay's response: I'm in favor of it.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss would remember this one - That Ken Whisenhunt quip reminded me of the John McKay comment when he was coaching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (in their original creamsicle uniforms). A reporter asked McKay how he felt about his team's execution.

McKay's response: I'm in favor of it.

I'm in favor of the coaches execution.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna do the math to see if its cheaper to fly to toronto from vancouver to watch the seahawks but i realized i need milk

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Norv a hard time & I feel it's deserved for the most part, however if 11 guys can't tackle 1 RB when he needs 29 yards for a 1st down the players deserve ALL of the blame.

I completely agree. If a dumb play is called or the wrong personnel grouping is used, it's on the coaches. If a play is botched by terrible tackling (or blocking in the Steelers case), then that's on the players.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna do the math to see if its cheaper to fly to toronto from vancouver to watch the seahawks but i realized i need milk

Don't forget garbage bags filled with gasoline...

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes Its really hard to tell whether its a QB that's the problem, the pieces around him, or the scheme. I have seen enough to make up my mind that Flacco will never be more than OK but since he has come in the league he hasnt missed a game. I'd love to see someone else get some real snaps with the team, not that I am hoping Joe gets hurt.

Seems like their MO has always been "When your defense is solid, you only need a guy who isn't going to blow the game". It seems like they have never been interested in being a top flight offense. And like you said, even when they have a legit weapon (two with Boldin) they never seem to capitalize on that.

It's just weird. And when they had a QB who could shake the game up (Troy Smith) he never got a shot. Granted, Smith was dumb as a box of hammers, but he could have been good for an odd wildcat once in a while.

Kurt Warner
Tim Tebow
Warren Moon
Shane Falco

First the Ravens fire their offensive coordinator, now they are letting their QB start in another city. Tough times.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when do we start hearing that the Bills are interested in making him the next HC?

I wonder if Marc Trestman (current coach of the Montreal Alouettes) would be interested in a return to the NFL. The last time the Bills grabbed a former Montreal coach (Marv Levy), it worked out pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.