• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether signing Geno to a contract for X dollars wasn't the question.

It's plain as day that a possible option is Geno is back here as the starter for a multi-year deal. If that happens, *should* the Seahawks use their top pick on a QB in the '23 draft? It's a simple yes or no.
Yes I think so. Geno is simply having a fluke season, would not be smart to bank on him repeating that next year. Draft a QB who can be the QB of the future or the present if need be. Not going to have a top 5 pick again anytime soon or probably not a top 10 pick either, got to take a shot on drafting a franchise QB while the possibility exists.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think so. Geno is simply having a fluke season, would not be smart to bank on him repeating that next year. Draft a QB who can be the QB of the future or the present if need be. Not going to have a top 5 pick again anytime soon or probably not a top 10 pick either, got to take a shot on drafting a franchise QB while the possibility exists.
I think its either/or. we arent going to sign Geno to a multi year deal AND take a QB top 3.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its either/or. we arent going to sign Geno to a multi year deal AND take a QB top 3.
My take is they will not consider 30 million a year for Geno period. Seahawks would be happy to sign him to team-friendly contract if the salary isn't steep, but Geno will find a team to sign him for way more than he's worth and for more guaranteed money. The Seahawks will be addressing the QB position in the draft and draft a QB they feel can/could be their franchise QB. It's to important of a position not to.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, that's a lot of investment. In that case, you're either eating a bunch of money for a guy who isn't playing or you've got your top 5 pick getting zero snaps a game. I think this is a pretty unrealistic course of action for the team to take.

Yeah, it would be silly to sign Geno or any other FA QB on a multi-year starter contract AND draft a QB with our top pick. It's one or the other or neither, but not both. No way.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's a lot of investment. In that case, you're either eating a bunch of money for a guy who isn't playing or you've got your top 5 pick getting zero snaps a game. I think this is a pretty unrealistic course of action for the team to take.

Yeah, it would be silly to sign Geno or any other FA QB on a multi-year starter contract AND draft a QB with our top pick. It's one or the other or neither, but not both. No way.
Geno will not be back. Also having rookie QB sit and learn for a year is not unheard of take Mahomes for example.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully y’all don’t mind me Crashing you site. I just can’t go to the Rams board - I love Retro but just over the top there. It was a mess last year when we won lol
No worries

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh some holding plays there that never got called. He froze up some guys. I've seen this same clip. The Detroit OL and offense actually started off pretty good... they just basically lost their entire offense to injury (which was incredible because they nearly beat us missing like half their starting offense)... And that's his first NFL game... again against a decent OL at the time (pretty sure before most were getting injured)... I expect growing pains... that takes some time to adjust, he looked better in some other ones.

Has been a monster, special? Well no... the guy is on fuckin' IR. Has he made some impacts in the games he did play? I'd argue yes... he's absorbing blocks, hitting gap assignments, and filling up some lanes. Is he just another guy? Well so far, yah? Most nose tackle type players are. Is there potential there? Sure. Do I fully understand why Philly drafted him in a 4-3 base defense at #13? No. Would I prefer him on Seattle's team over Cross? No.

Let's be clear, Davis is NEVER going to be some 5+ sack guy.... he's "Get the fat guy in there to stuff shit." guy... and those guys always look underwhelming but have a crucial role. I'm still confused why Philly felt the need for that, but it has a role.

That's what we need and Last sunday and the game before proved it. Jacobs/White/Fornette/???????????? fucking Slaughtered us with their bare sweaty hands.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno will not be back.
I am envious that you have a crystal ball.

Also having rookie QB sit and learn for a year is not unheard of take Mahomes for example.

Mahomes is an awful example. When KC drafted him, Alex Smith was nearing the end of his contract and in fact would be traded less than year after they drafted Mahomes, who sat 1 season and then became the full time starter. That situation is not similar to ours at all. If they re-sign Geno to a 4 year deal and then draft a QB in 3 years, then you would have something.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so pictures of possibly the top 2 QBs of the draft class. We all know who they are. And?

If we have no starting QB in place (Geno left and we didn't sign any free agent or trade for a starter level QB), then I can get behind Stroud and agree it would be a logical move. I am not as big on Young because he just seems a bit small/slight.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Level with you bud.

These guys are very Inconsistent.

Stroud has top 10 backing

Young has stunk this year. IMO he has regressed
I don't disagree but if they had been more consistent they likely won't last till pick 5.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will likely go
1. young
2. stroud
3.???

if those two guys are off the board and Geno is signed with another team, the pickings are pretty slim and reaching at QB that high could set the franchise back years.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense, defense and defense. More specifically, D-line, d-line and d-line.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will likely go
1. young
2. stroud
3.???

if those two guys are off the board and Geno is signed with another team, the pickings are pretty slim and reaching at QB that high could set the franchise back years.
Come draft time hard to say how they will be ranked, right now Levis or Richardson are the most likely to succeed from what I'm reading.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense, defense and defense. More specifically, D-line, d-line and d-line.
Seahawks are going to go heavy on defense this draft IMO. DL are so hard to hit on but you got to take your shots and try.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Anthony Richardson? Watched some videos of him and liked what I saw. He is very mobile ( 4.5 in the 40yard dash) 6'4 230 has a great arm, seems accurate, doesn't stare at the receiver he's targeting, no problem throwing to the middle of the field or anywhere else for that matter. He reminds me of Josh Allen. Course I should mention this is just my first impression of him.:rolleyes:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Anthony Richardson? Watched some videos of him and liked what I saw. He is very mobile ( 4.5 in the 40yard dash) 6'4 230 has a great arm, seems accurate, doesn't stare at the receiver he's targeting, no problem throwing to the middle of the field or anywhere else for that matter. He reminds me of Josh Allen. Course I should mention this is just my first impression of him.:rolleyes:
Crazy athelete, but sounds like a long way to go to be an Nfl QB.
Levis is supposedly the pro ready QB but he hasn't had a great year.