• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll today basically said they were sticking w/ the 3-4 going into next year...

Also, just did a 1st round mock... Here is what I drafted... I traded pick #5 for #10, #31 and 2nd round pick in 2024 w/ the Jets... J. Carter & Will Anderson were off the board w/ our pick...

View attachment 319155
Cool website! I just did a mock of the first 3 rounds and essentially took any trade offered for the first round picks, and any 2nd round pick that offered a future first round pick. I would LOVE to see the seahawks get future 1st rounders. I just drafted arbitrary draftees for positions of need but here is my results:

1674849592151.png

that is a ton of draftees in the first three rounds right?!?! But I also got the following 2024 draft picks:

1674849650568.png

Not only do we get 7 draftees in the first 3 rounds (but no first round picks), but next year we would also get an additional three 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks. This would be my dream draft.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool website! I just did a mock of the first 3 rounds and essentially took any trade offered for the first round picks, and any 2nd round pick that offered a future first round pick. I would LOVE to see the seahawks get future 1st rounders. I just drafted arbitrary draftees for positions of need but here is my results:

View attachment 319957

that is a ton of draftees in the first three rounds right?!?! But I also got the following 2024 draft picks:

View attachment 319958

Not only do we get 7 draftees in the first 3 rounds (but no first round picks), but next year we would also get an additional three 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks. This would be my dream draft.
Thats a ridiculous draft, would be awesome but insanely unlikely. Van ness and tuli could both go top 15 according to some people.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh I'd rather take a shot at the talent at #5 if Carter, Anderson, Stroud, or Wilson are there... I get if Young is there and you can trade down fine, but I still want a player in the top 10... the talent between a top 5 vs. top 10 vs. top 40 player is EXTREMELY vast. Yah, you could always end up with a bust like Curry (bleh) but... the chance continues to diminish the further you get down. And a top 5 player is probably immediately starting, and especially on D we need IMMEDIATE starters. This is not a sit and wait thing, this is a plug and play thing, especially on the DL/EDGE. And if Geno doesn't resign, well then QB is too.

It's always fun to speculate trading down picks and getting a haul, but it's actually harder to negotiate than you think (source: know a couple guys in the Seahawks FO - don't ask me for their names, not giving that out for obvious reasons).

Again, Stroud, Carter, Anderson, Wilson - take em'... if all 4 are gone Young is available, and then trade down for a King's random for that. If NOBODY trades down... ooooh... um... I mean you're between Young, Levis, and Murphy at that point... IMO that would be a disaster for Seattle but I don't think it'll happen.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a ridiculous draft, would be awesome but insanely unlikely. Van ness and tuli could both go top 15 according to some people.

I saw one on a Green Bay board where the guy traded Aaron Rodgers to SEattle for Metcalf, our 2 first round picks and our 2 second round picks. Talk about unlikely. He was geeking out about how awesome his draft was. That's some Draft Day level fiction there.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wasn't too concerned about who I drafted, but rather the slots in which the Seahawks were able to draft in addition to the additional 2024 picks. Regardless of who is available at those slots, would you take those draft picks over what we currently have?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wasn't too concerned about who I drafted, but rather the slots in which the Seahawks were able to draft in addition to the additional 2024 picks. Regardless of who is available at those slots, would you take those draft picks over what we currently have?
I would as long as the future firsts are intended to trade up for a QB in 2024.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 319957

View attachment 319958

I did one:

1.8 Myles Murphy DE Clemson
1.20 Trenton Simpson, LB Clemson
2.37 Siaki Ika, DT Baylor
2.44 Drew Sanders, LB Arkansas
2.52 Noah Sewell, LB Oregon
4.121 Alex Forsyth, C Oregon
5.149 Colby Wooden, DT Auburn
5.152 Luke Schoonmaker, TE Michigan
6.185 Hunter Luepke, RB North Dakota State

I Had another one where I traded back from 5 to 7 and still got Jalen Carter, but accidentally drafted a 5'9 165 lbs RB in the second round and quit the draft and started over.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did one:

I Had another one where I traded back from 5 to 7 and still got Jalen Carter, but accidentally drafted a 5'9 165 lbs RB in the second round and quit the draft and started over.
Not a fan of Simpson, drew sanders at 20 if he is there.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already gone by the time we draft. I do think if the Seahawks were to trade up for a QB, they honestly believe that they are a franchise QB. I'm willing to roll with that as I do think they've shown some ability to spot talent at QB, even if it might be a bit overstated.
FnV-bkqaUAAStfR.jpg

only completed 35.8% of passes past the line of scrimmage. let me reiterate, I want NOTHING to do with this guy unless we are getting him in round 5.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did one:

:pound:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've liked Ika for quite a while if we're going to stick with this 3-4. Drew Sanders is interesting, isn't he kind of a Taylor clone? If Tuli falls to us at 51 that's decent.

I like that you at least consider a center, but I would really love Patterson.. BUT, end of day we have to find a replacement for Woods... Centers maybe we can find one in free agency. I know nothing about Wypler but he is sneaking into some first round mocks...

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've liked Ika for quite a while if we're going to stick with this 3-4. Drew Sanders is interesting, isn't he kind of a Taylor clone? If Tuli falls to us at 51 that's decent.

I like that you at least consider a center, but I would really love Patterson.. BUT, end of day we have to find a replacement for Woods... Centers maybe we can find one in free agency. I know nothing about Wypler but he is sneaking into some first round mocks...
IDK much about Wypler, but he was the highest rated center where I took him. I didn't draft a QB but went for defense with the first 4 picks to see how it would look.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK much about Wypler, but he was the highest rated center where I took him. I didn't draft a QB but went for defense with the first 4 picks to see how it would look.
Well the fact you addressed it period is an improvement lol.. we can't do another year of Blythe.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if they give Geno a 3 year deal, I hope its for $30 million total. If this team decides to hamstring themselves by overpaying for a "Matt Cassel" then we'll be in the dumpster for the next half decade.
I know we've briefly discussed this before, but clearly $30m total for 3 years isn't going to cut it. That being said, what would you like to see the Seahawks do at QB?

I respect your opinion so I'm curious as to your thoughts.

I'm going to throw this idea out there; tag Geno and select the best QB available, then let Geno walk after 2023?

Kind of a tough situation because I do agree that Geno isn't worth $30m+, but the team does appear to be in a win-now mode and rolling with a rookie at QB could be a bit risky unless we really land that pick.

Assuming you don't want to tag Geno, what would you have the Seahawks do?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if they give Geno a 3 year deal, I hope its for $30 million total. If this team decides to hamstring themselves by overpaying for a "Matt Cassel" then we'll be in the dumpster for the next half decade.
I’m praying the Seahawks don’t over pay for Geno because I agree with your statement.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Geno takes a 10 million AAV deal. It would be insulting to even offer that. Mariota makes more than that

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they fall in love with a QB and let Geno walk, they may have to move up to get him because another team might leapfrog us if they know with 100% certainty we are taking one. I wouldnt necessarily assume signing Geno means we pass on the QBs either.

its not what I want, but its a possibility to consider
I guess the one thing that gives me faith is that it seems we've done a very good job scouting QBs. They drafted Wilson, somehow knew that Geno had the ability to have a good season, and were very interested in Josh Allen & Patrick Mahomes.

I'm definitely nit-picking, but I'm able to find flaws in just about all of the top QBs available. It's a way, way, way, way, way better class than last year, but when you look at the top-3 you have this:

- Bryce Young: Has it all but is short and slender.

- C.J. Stroud: Looks great but has had incredible protection and has had the best WRs college football can offer. Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson went #10 and #11 respectively, Jaxson Smith-Njigba is one of the best WRs this class and Marvin Harrison Jr. + Emeka Egbuka might be the first two WRs selected in the draft next year.

-Will Levis: Has a ton of physical tools and experience in a pro-style offense and maybe I need to watch him more, but the production doesn't exactly jump out at you.