• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kiper has us taking Levis.

While I think this isn't the most likely outcome, it is certainly a possibility.
I would not be happy if we drafted Levis... He's the least of my favorites out of all the QB's projected to go in the 1st round... He has all the measureables but he doesn't have all the production... He reminds me too much of Dan McGwire... He had the measureables but didn't make the best decisions with the ball...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be happy if we drafted Levis... He's the least of my favorites out of all the QB's projected to go in the 1st round... He has all the measureables but he doesn't have all the production... He reminds me too much of Dan McGwire... He had the measureables but didn't make the best decisions with the ball...

Not sure I agree with McGwire because he was drafted SOLELY on arm strength.

Levis is the boom or bust option. He could be Mahomes. He could be Akili Smith.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Young.

Obviously Kiper is likely wrong. Not because he doesn't know what he is talking about. Just that it's tough to know what every team is going to do.
Ah he has us reaching horribly on a DT, actually dont blame him for mocking that

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, I think we will know if they are going QB well before the draft. If they re-sign Geno, they aren't going QB. If they don't and they sign a bunch of high quality defensive FAs and bring back Lock or bring in some other mid-tier guy, then I would say we are drafting a QB.
Yes, the path will be a lot more clear by about 48 hours into free agency at the latest.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Farrar has us trading up to #1 to picker carter, giving up 5, 20, 53.

That would be an absolute dumpster fire

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with McGwire because he was drafted SOLELY on arm strength.

Levis is the boom or bust option. He could be Mahomes. He could be Akili Smith.
46 TD's to 25 INT's in college isn't that convincing... The big reason he's shooting up is for his arm strength... He can throw the ball 75 yards, etc... But can he throw it deep to his own teammate is the question... :D

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another example of these so called, "experts" not knowing the leadership in Seattle very well...

I saw another Mock that have us taking DE, T. Wilson and signing DL Buckner in Free Agency... That would absolutely change our DL in a heartbeat...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a ridiculous move. If we move up to No. 1 it's because they want a QB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46 TD's to 25 INT's in college isn't that convincing... The big reason he's shooting up is for his arm strength... He can throw the ball 75 yards, etc... But can he throw it deep to his own teammate is the question... :D

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't draft Levis. I was simply saying that the comparison to McGwire is not great.

Do you know how many rushing yards McGwire had in college? -467 Dude was a statue.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol... that might be the dumbest trade of all time.

One of Carter, Wilson, Stroud, or Anderson are almost guaranteed to be there at #5. Take that and don't look back. If all 4 are gone that means Young is there, and you can almost assuredly hold him ransom for a ridiculous trade from someone.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's my hope now that Carolina has their new HC in Frank Reich. They offer a boat to AZ to trade up to take a QB, Texans we know will go QB and the Colts take Levis at 4 which lands us Carter or Anderson.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want nothing to do with Richardson. If we get carter, give me drew sanders at 20

He's already gone by the time we draft. I do think if the Seahawks were to trade up for a QB, they honestly believe that they are a franchise QB. I'm willing to roll with that as I do think they've shown some ability to spot talent at QB, even if it might be a bit overstated.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already gone by the time we draft. I do think if the Seahawks were to trade up for a QB, they honestly believe that they are a franchise QB. I'm willing to roll with that as I do think they've shown some ability to spot talent at QB, even if it might be a bit overstated.
Wow I missed that, highest I have seen sanders going.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beginning to wonder if the Hawks are going to be good with rolling with Drew Lock as our starting QB... We all talk about, If the Hawks really like a QB with our #5 pick we're good with it... What if they were in love with Lock and wanted to sit him for the year to learn the system and planned on moving forward with him? Still not a guarantee we sign Geno... The team could really like Drew Lock and positioned themselves to be set with him... Who knows...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I missed that, highest I have seen sanders going.

I hear a lot of good things about Sanders. I could see him moving up the draft. True linebackers that can get to the passer are pretty rare.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I beginning to wonder if the Hawks are going to be good with rolling with Drew Lock as our starting QB... We all talk about, If the Hawks really like a QB with our #5 pick we're good with it... What if they were in love with Lock and wanted to sit him for the year to learn the system and planned on moving forward with him? Still not a guarantee we sign Geno... The team could really like Drew Lock and positioned themselves to be set with him... Who knows...

It's possible. Seems pretty unlikely. Everything Pete has said so far would suggest that bringing Geno back is the priority although he does make it clear that they won't back the Brinks truck up to sign him.

One thing I think fans tend to ignore is the locker room morale of the moves a team makes. From what I've read, Geno is pretty well liked by the players. And he performed well. If the Hawks were to let him go just to have Lock be the next man up, could send some pretty negative vibes through the team. It would go against Pete's whole "always compete" mantra.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible. Seems pretty unlikely. Everything Pete has said so far would suggest that bringing Geno back is the priority although he does make it clear that they won't back the Brinks truck up to sign him.

One thing I think fans tend to ignore is the locker room morale of the moves a team makes. From what I've read, Geno is pretty well liked by the players. And he performed well. If the Hawks were to let him go just to have Lock be the next man up, could send some pretty negative vibes through the team. It would go against Pete's whole "always compete" mantra.
Then that would insinuate that we would sign him at all cost then, wouldn't it? Sounds like if that is the case, that would be a tough situation... And I do understand the intangibles that come along w/ players in the locker room, leadership styles, etc but it all depends on what the Ceiling is for the FO in terms of coming to an agreement with Geno... They already said there is a number, i wonder what it is...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that would insinuate that we would sign him at all cost then, wouldn't it? Sounds like if that is the case, that would be a tough situation... And I do understand the intangibles that come along w/ players in the locker room, leadership styles, etc but it all depends on what the Ceiling is for the FO in terms of coming to an agreement with Geno... They already said there is a number, i wonder what it is...

I don't think we sign him at ANY cost. If he goes into FA and some team offers him 40 mill/year then I would highly doubt the Hawks would match that.

But I also think it is highly unlikely that he goes to FA. Either we sign him at a number the team finds palatable or we tag him. I don't think he would be terribly upset with a tag since that would guarantee him a contract that would DOUBLE his career earnings.

But I do think he will sign a deal with the Hawks before that happens, assuming they aren't full of shit and looking at the draft.