• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the RB from TCU would be a nice mid-late round pickup
In addition to drafting another RB in the mid-late rounds, against popular demand, I'm an advocate for resigning Penny... He's very productive when healthy... He has zero leverage with any NFL team so I think we could resign him for a 1 mil - 1.5 mil on a year deal... That's a very low risk signing imo...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to drafting another RB in the mid-late rounds, against popular demand, I'm an advocate for resigning Penny... He's very productive when healthy... He has zero leverage with any NFL team so I think we could resign him for a 1 mil - 1.5 mil on a year deal... That's a very low risk signing imo...
If I am Penny I think I would want to try a fresh start somewhere else, but I'm good with bringing him back. As you say, it won't cost much if they do it. What they do there might depend on how much they like DeeJay Dallas as a RB2.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt waste a thought on penny when you can draft a RB in round 7 and get equal or better production

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt waste a thought on penny when you can draft a RB in round 7 and get equal or better production
"WHEN" healthy, the odds of you finding a RB in the 7th round that is as productive as Penny when he's on the field is pretty low... You going to find one that averages 6.1 ypc? I know you've never liked the guy but you can't just dismiss his production when he's on the field...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"WHEN" healthy, the odds of you finding a RB in the 7th round that is as productive as Penny when he's on the field is pretty low... You going to find one that averages 6.1 ypc? I know you've never liked the guy but you can't just dismiss his production when he's on the field...
You can because he cant stay on the field

He's 100% guaranteed to get injured

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there is zero doubt that Penny is a game changer type of player at RB if you are not named MrS but I feel so bad for him. He has only played 10 games or more 3 times out of 5 years which doesn't seem that bad but then you see that EVERY year for 5 years now he misses at least 2 games and 4 out of those 5 years he missed 6 to 12 each season. If Penny could stay healthy i have no doubts he would have lead the NFL in rushing a few times.

The shocking truth about that is the fact that the Hawks Oline was down right terrible for him. Penny as the 2nd RB might be just what the doctor ordered for him and his career.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On 710 ESPN Seattle Radio, David Wyman literally just said, "We need run stuffers. Like Fletcher's Cock... I mean Cox... " LMAO...

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought this was a good write up.

I would swap Tyree Wilson to this list. Athletic freak.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading down a few slots.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis being high is consistent enough to make me think that:

1) Bears dont have much leverage to trade down if there are going to be 2-3 QBs that teams like
2) Seattle is probably taking a QB
Unless we fall in love with a QB, I see the Seahawks giving Geno Smith a 3 year deal and building the defense.

Reactions: JMR

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis being high is consistent enough to make me think that:

1) Bears dont have much leverage to trade down if there are going to be 2-3 QBs that teams like
2) Seattle is probably taking a QB

Unless we fall in love with a QB, I see the Seahawks giving Geno Smith a 3 year deal and building the defense.
Of all the "within reason" things that might happen with Geno and the 1.5, the outcome that I'll be most disappointed with is signing Geno for multiple years at starter money and taking a QB with 1.5. I just can't see why they would do both. One of them? Yep, I can see that and expect it. But not both. No way.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there is zero doubt that Penny is a game changer type of player at RB if you are not named MrS but I feel so bad for him. He has only played 10 games or more 3 times out of 5 years which doesn't seem that bad but then you see that EVERY year for 5 years now he misses at least 2 games and 4 out of those 5 years he missed 6 to 12 each season. If Penny could stay healthy i have no doubts he would have lead the NFL in rushing a few times.

The shocking truth about that is the fact that the Hawks Oline was down right terrible for him. Penny as the 2nd RB might be just what the doctor ordered for him and his career.
I was probably the most patient with Penny as I loved the pick when it happened but the fact of the matter is, HB is a really hard position to play in the NFL. Look what happened to Chris Carson. His career YPC is 5.7 which is phenomenal, but as far as giving Penny a new deal, I don't know. It would have to be really team friendly. I'm sure a team is willing to spend more to gamble he can stay healthy an entire season.

If I were to allocate the Seahawks cap space I focus on upgrading the defense and extending Geno. Coby Bryant played admirably at nickel but we do need another corner outside of Woolen.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the "within reason" things that might happen with Geno and the 1.5, the outcome that I'll be most disappointed with is signing Geno for multiple years at starter money and taking a QB with 1.5. I just can't see why they would do both. One of them? Yep, I can see that and expect it. But not both. No way.
In the scenario they extend Geno it's most likely going to be a 3 year deal. Sure you could land your next QB by drafting him at #5, but then you only get him on a friendly deal for a year and you don't even know if it's going to be a hit or bust.

It's not a precise comparison, but look what happened with the Packers. They selected Jordan Love to be the next QB when the Packers needed WRs. They could've landed Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman Jr. with that pick.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a precise comparison, but look what happened with the Packers. They selected Jordan Love to be the next QB when the Packers needed WRs. They could've landed Tee Higgins or Michael Pittman Jr. with that pick.
Yeah, I've used the Packers situation recently on this board as an example of what we want to avoid. They have to decide this off-season whether to exercise Jordan Love's 5th year option, and the guy hasn't played any meaningful football in the NFL.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the scenario they extend Geno it's most likely going to be a 3 year deal. Sure you could land your next QB by drafting him at #5, but then you only get him on a friendly deal for a year and you don't even know if it's going to be a hit or bust.

Honestly, if they give Geno a 3 year deal, I hope its for $30 million total. If this team decides to hamstring themselves by overpaying for a "Matt Cassel" then we'll be in the dumpster for the next half decade.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they fall in love with a QB and let Geno walk, they may have to move up to get him because another team might leapfrog us if they know with 100% certainty we are taking one. I wouldnt necessarily assume signing Geno means we pass on the QBs either.

its not what I want, but its a possibility to consider

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has to come cheap IMO... I wouldn't mind another 1 year prove it deal with a lesser contract value - but Seattle definitely needs another 3rd option at RB because Penny's injury history clearly says he'll be injured by 1/3 through the season.

Seattle would also DESPERATELY benefit from drafting a center this year (EARLY, like yah, our second 1st) because Austin Blythe might be the worst run blocker in NFL history.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This mock has us trading down to 9 and picking up a 3rd plus a 1st in 2024, and picking Tyree wilson.

I would take this in a heartbeat. Gives us ammo to move up next year in a much better QB class
Ok ok..I can dig this mock.