• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Snell trade options at the deadline

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likely doesn't start if Blake wasn't injured....and this is a team that is already starting Svi at SG (yikes).

Yes Svi starting is rough. Obviously because 3/5 of their starting lineup is injured and has been for some time.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likely doesn't start if Blake wasn't injured....and this is a team that is already starting Svi at SG (yikes).

He would start even with Griffin in the roster... it's Svi that wouldn't start... The Pistons are now using Snell at SF and Sekou at PF, but Doumbouya is aimed to eventually end up playing at SF and Snell was always better at 2 than at 3...

I think much will depend on what the Pistons will decide to do with Drummond and/or Rose this season... If they will move them, they will get back significant return.

I don't think that Griffin is included in Casey's future plans... I believe that the decision for Doumbouya to be their future leader has been taken (and rightfully so). The situation in the Pistons reminds much of Giannis and the Bucks back in 13-14 reason... I believe they have a proportional future ahead of them and that Doumbouya will be established as a top-5 player after 3-4 seasons...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Svi starting is rough. Obviously because 3/5 of their starting lineup is injured and has been for some time.

Hey stakes, @buckalis said he believes a deal of Sterling Brown and DJ Wilson (or Pat Connaughton) would be enough to trade for Derrick Rose. Thoughts?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stakes, @buckalis said he believes a deal of Sterling Brown and DJ Wilson (or Pat Connaughton) would be enough to trade for Derrick Rose. Thoughts?

I've additionally said that Brown would start at SG if he was traded to the Pistons...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over Luke kennard?

Lol

Thing is...

he is acting like that is proof of something.

It doesn’t matter who starts because they probably have the worst collection of guards in the NBA.

Even if Brown and Snell both started, it wouldn’t mean anything at all. Neither is better than replacement level.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is...

he is acting like that is proof of something.

It doesn’t matter who starts because they probably have the worst collection of guards in the NBA.

Even if Brown and Snell both started, it wouldn’t mean anything at all. Neither is better than replacement level.

Right

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Snell is the key to any team making a run this year unless you are Patrick McCaw.

Who would you offer to get the elusive Snell for a playoff run

As a Raptors fan everyone is on the table except McCaw
According to Stephen A Smith, Booker is on the trade block for really cheap...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would start even with Griffin in the roster... it's Svi that wouldn't start... The Pistons are now using Snell at SF and Sekou at PF, but Doumbouya is aimed to eventually end up playing at SF and Snell was always better at 2 than at 3...

I think much will depend on what the Pistons will decide to do with Drummond and/or Rose this season... If they will move them, they will get back significant return.

I don't think that Griffin is included in Casey's future plans... I believe that the decision for Doumbouya to be their future leader has been taken (and rightfully so). The situation in the Pistons reminds much of Giannis and the Bucks back in 13-14 reason... I believe they have a proportional future ahead of them and that Doumbouya will be established as a top-5 player after 3-4 seasons...

If a Pistons fan was asked which position was most desperately in need of improvement, I'm guessing it would be SG (and not by simply playing Snell there). If Snell is a starter for your team, then your team is not a contender, plain and simple. Any GM without tanking intentions should be embarrassed to be in such a position (barring injuries forcing depth into starting roles).

Besides, Kennard starts over Snell. Even Bruce Brown could start over Snell. Your fandom for Snell is oddly placed. He's a below average league player. Good enough to make a roster, but even the teams than sign him hope they don't have to use him much.

Snell has the lowest PER on the team (other than two players that have barely sniffed the floor - Khyri Thomas and Jordan Bone).

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their salaries and total PER are close, so why not? Oh, trading your only functional point guard with the highest PER on the team for two guys whose total PER for both is lower is a bad idea?

But, but they are shooters, which the Pistons need. Yes, but having a serviceable PG is a priority as well.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their salaries and total PER are close, so why not? Oh, trading your only functional point guard with the highest PER on the team for two guys whose total PER for both is lower is a bad idea?

But, but they are shooters, which the Pistons need. Yes, but having a serviceable PG is a priority as well.

I believe Reggie Jackson is actually dead

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Reggie Jackson is actually dead
Does he even count as serviceable? I was relieved last season when Ish stepped on the court, and this year when Rose does. His best use when back when he was behind Westbrook; he's not a starting PG in the NBA, IMO.