• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Gibson in the Running for GSU HC

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always good when a coordinator from your program gets to take a HC position..speaks volumes of how the program is perceived!

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always good when a coordinator from your program gets to take a HC position..speaks volumes of how the program is perceived!
Completely agree, but damn, who do we get to replace Gibson if he goes? Kind of late to try and find a replacement with all the coaching hires this year, and the fact that any replacement may be working for a potentially "lame duck" HC.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't that thinking go into your HC also. As far as working for a 'potential lame duck HC', all you would have to do is promote from within and fill the lowest opening.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. It would be better if it was a bigger program, but sometimes we think we are bigger than we actually are. It is a start.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't that thinking go into your HC also.
Not sure I understand what you are getting at. If Dana stays or goes is still to be determined quite a while down the road in 2016. The DC position may be open very soon if there is any truth to his being a candidate for the GSU job.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand what you are getting at. If Dana stays or goes is still to be determined quite a while down the road in 2016. The DC position may be open very soon if there is any truth to his being a candidate for the GSU job.
You mentioned that it is late in the game to get a DC and who would we get. I said "you" but should have typed "the". I wasn't attempting to call you out specifically.

If Lyons was to get rid of Dana, now or after the Bowl game would be the time to do it. This gives the program the opportunity to contact / evaluate potential HCs. But, who should WV go for? Does anyone think that if WV offers Saban card Blanche that he would come back? So who is out there that would take WV to the level that they think we should be at? To me, a DC is easier to replace on short notice. Even if Gibson would leave, there are others on the staff that could take over on the interim. We saw what happened with Stewart.

If Lyons is going to pull the plug on Dana, I hope he has a list of available candidates in his back pocket that will exceed what Dana has built so far. I hate to start over....again. I'm alright with Dana's growth. I scratch my head at some of his calls, but have recently said that he should pass the OC portion off to somebody else.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the clarification, I can be a little slow on the uptake at times. No arguments with anything you say, just one question. Who do we hire from within that can keep the D going like Gibson?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the clarification, I can be a little slow on the uptake at times. No arguments with anything you say, just one question. Who do we hire from within that can keep the D going like Gibson?
If Gibson would leave before the Bowl game, I would make Tall interim for the Bowl game. It's just one game. In the meantime, I would interview potential candidates who applied for the vacant position and reach out to others who I would be interested in hiring.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell was a DC before, was a good one, that would be my choice for DC if Gibby leaves.