• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomlin almost blew the game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take that post too serious. I know it wont happen and agree that that ship has sailed long ago. I can honestly say that I really don't know what would be best for the Steelers at this point? I know changes are coming and I am having a tough time choosing how to approach this teams issues. I still cant believe they have a shot at the playoffs even tho its not likely. :noidea:

I hear yea...it's been a rough year. The one thing in Tomlin's favor (and I can't honestly say that's he's the man to turn this around either)...the team has played hard down the stretch when it looked like they could've mailed it in.

As much as I was anti-Haley...with Spaeth back, and Bell looking like a player...the OFC has made the most gains this year....on DEF I still think the scheme doesn't fit the players...Woodley is no longer an OLB in this scheme...and the back 4 has to get faster/younger.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear yea...it's been a rough year. The one thing in Tomlin's favor (and I can't honestly say that's he's the man to turn this around either)...the team has played hard down the stretch when it looked like they could've mailed it in.

As much as I was anti-Haley...with Spaeth back, and Bell looking like a player...the OFC has made the most gains this year....on DEF I still think the scheme doesn't fit the players...Woodley is no longer an OLB in this scheme...and the back 4 has to get faster/younger.

Totally agree! The offense really has turn it up and having a decent RB really helped. This year really showed how valuable Ben is to this team. Defense makes me more nervous as we all know how hard it is to find good DBs. This year has been better than expected and that will buy me patience with Tomlin. I just hope he can figure it all out and I am not sold that he can......yet?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking the chance of going up by 3 ( absolute chip shot) with mere seconds to go (after taking knee's) is smarter than being up by 7 and giving the opposition over a minute to work with. Tomlin played scared by thinking "we might not make the gimme FG so let's get the TD"

Up by 3....squibb kick, games over.

Up by 7, giving up a possible huge KO return (which happened), then possibly giving up a TD with the chance of losing by the opposition possibly converting the 2pt play is a disaster.

Agree...in good conditions...the FG after a couple of kneel downs is far more a sure thing and should be the MO.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to choose between kicking an extra point to win the game or being up by 7 with 1:20 left and their ball im taking the extra point 100%

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In perfect weather conditions...yes, your chances of making the chip shot go up, take a couple of knees, kick the FG, and go home...I get it.

But in those conditions...no, it's not a given, so imo not as stupid as you think.

Yes you are, why kick the extra point then they should have went for 2 it was the same distance as a fg. Quit being a homer and use your brain for one second. Tomlin fucked up and was very lucky it didnt backfire on him. Merry Christmas!!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I forgot to mention my 15 year old son who plays High School football said to kneel the ball a few times is smarter then you. Have a Happy New Year!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree! The offense really has turn it up and having a decent RB really helped. This year really showed how valuable Ben is to this team. Defense makes me more nervous as we all know how hard it is to find good DBs. This year has been better than expected and that will buy me patience with Tomlin. I just hope he can figure it all out and I am not sold that he can......yet?

I projected 10-6 against that schedule...still not sure how PIT lost to OAK & TN b-t-b years, MIN was ugly...but there were some positives...namely youth having impact, getting meaningful snaps...it's been a long time since the Steelers have had that. I'm not yet ready to write Spence off, but I do see a need for a fast hybrid type LB because the new hybrid TE is pretty much unstoppable with most S or LB.

Tomlin...as long as LeBeau is in place his role imo is about getting the team ready to play, game day mgmt, etc. I think we're going to see him be more visible in the draft process now.

Ben...certainly the OL was struggling early and without a legit RB threat, Ben was pressing trying to make sugar out of ---- on every play. Somewhere along the way it sunk in that he wasn't going to finish the season hanging on to the ball...maybe some give and take with Haley, b/c once he started running the no huddle, the negative plays went way down. He was taking the short pass or throwing it away if protection broke down and he could see it.

Outlook...still need to get younger...Thomas, J.Jones will be starters next yr, but I think they're going to bring back Troy & Ike at reduced pay. I would not be surprised if they didn't figure out a way to keep Worilds and possibly not Woodley. If they get a bigger OFC playmaker from this draft, the OFC should take another step forward and be the catalyst.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you are, why kick the extra point then they should have went for 2 it was the same distance as a fg. Quit being a homer and use your brain for one second. Tomlin fucked up and was very lucky it didnt backfire on him. Merry Christmas!!

lol....I'll let your homer comment go as not reading much of the thread...Merry Christmas!

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
We all can have our opinions.
That's why they call it Monday morning quarterbacking.
Playing the clock wisely would have been my plan.