• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Osborne sheds some light

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just listening to Tom Osborne on the radio. He said admittedly he wished that the exchange between Bo and Dirk didn't take place, because in the wake of one of the best games in Husker history, that 30 second exchange ended up taking the attention away from it.

He went on to say, however, that "this particular reporter" (as he referred to Dirk as) was in the wrong.

Tom said that when he was coach, there was an understanding between the media and the head coach when it came to writing articles that may potentially hurt the way people see the program. He said that because of this, media members ALWAYS called Tom and told him ahead of time "hey, I have been instructed to write this article, and I have to do it.......but I want your input first." That way the article wouldn't go overboard in a way that the head coach didn't like.

Apparently, what has been happening behind the scenes is what none of us have any knowledge of. Every writer does this same thing with Bo, except for "this particular reporter." Dirk doesn't give Bo the courtesy heads-up. And as Tom pointed out, this article was released a day before a big game speculating about at what point in the game Bo will pull Taylor out.

Believe it or not, these football players are like famous people in the state of Nebraska, so whether or not they read the articles themselves....someone is going to let them know about it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Osborne also pointed out (and you can take this as just being an opinion, but I tend to agree) that most of the members of the media that he ever dealt with were awesome people and cared much about the Huskers, and HATED having to write something negative about Nebraska. But he said there are some members who you can tell are just looking for certain responses to write an "interesting article" because that is how they make money......by finding a way to catch the attention of the people.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... sounds familiar... see post 66 on "Great read thread" :dizzy:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... sounds familiar... see post 66 on "Great read thread" :dizzy:

I did see that post......I had written somethin along those lines as well earlier in that thread about how the media is simply trying to get attenion.

What I'm more interested in here is the fact that Tom Osborne said these writers always called him and told him before they would write an article like this...........and that writers call Bo and tell him, but Dirk didn't/doesn't.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see that post......I had written somethin along those lines as well earlier in that thread about how the media is simply trying to get attenion.

What I'm more interested in here is the fact that Tom Osborne said these writers always called him and told him before they would write an article like this...........and that writers call Bo and tell him, but Dirk didn't/doesn't.

Yep... times have changed... along with society.... and not for the good! :ohwell:

spdybeaver

Shat on a turtle...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Will Jed contest the all mighty Tom?

Is he ballsy enough to attempt?

Stay tuned!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the most typical response would be the one that I've heard several times.........."Tom Osborne is senile!!"

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk>>>>>>>>>>Lebron. FACT.
Dirk-Nowitzki.jpg

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just knew Dirk the Jirk was trying to push Bo's buttons the wrong way at the post game interview. Dirk should be sent out to cover Colorado Buffalo football games.