• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Coughlin Out

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're underestimating that team. In 2011 Eli had over 4900 yards and Hakeem Nicks over 1100 yards to go along with Cruz. Tuck and Osi missed 7 games each, Pierre Paul missed 4 but they came back strong for the playoffs. The O line was more than solid as well. Rolle was really good that year as well.

I believe they are the only team in NFL history to win a Super Bowl and have a negative scoring margin in the regular season. I think they are the only team to ever make the Super Bowl with a negative scoring margin.

Osi was at the end of his career. JPP played in every game.

Every team deals with injuries.

The Giants were extremely fortunate with turnovers in the playoffs that year.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coughlin is a class act and one hellava coach

I'm sure he won't be out of work for long

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they are the only team in NFL history to win a Super Bowl and have a negative scoring margin in the regular season. I think they are the only team to ever make the Super Bowl with a negative scoring margin.

Osi was at the end of his career. JPP played in every game.

Every team deals with injuries.

The Giants were extremely fortunate with turnovers in the playoffs that year.

As I said, they got healthy for the playoffs. The negative scoring margins were the results of injuries to several key players during the season. The whole "every team deals with injuries" is a load of shit IMO. It depends on who the injuries are to and if they are concentrated in certain positions.

They were also the only team I can remember that was dead last in the league in rushing but that becomes meaningless if your featured RB is out and returns in time for the playoffs along with some of the O line getting healthy.

I'll double check on Pierre Paul, I could swore the stats I looked at said 12 games but maybe that was starts

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, they got healthy for the playoffs. The negative scoring margins were the results of injuries to several key players during the season. The whole "every team deals with injuries" is a load of shit IMO. It depends on who the injuries are to and if they are concentrated in certain positions.

In the context of this conversation it doesn't matter because we are talking about who the most talented teams were. If you lose 1 or 2 non-QB players and you become a mediocre football team you are most certainly NOT a very talented team.

If the Niner punt returner doesn't muff TWO punts and lose them, the Giants season is over.

Don't get me wrong. I hate the Niners and like the Giants a little but they were not the more talented team that year.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the context of this conversation it doesn't matter because we are talking about who the most talented teams were. If you lose 1 or 2 non-QB players and you become a mediocre football team you are most certainly NOT a very talented team.

If the Niner punt returner doesn't muff TWO punts and lose them, the Giants season is over.

Don't get me wrong. I hate the Niners and like the Giants a little but they were not the more talented team that year.

My argument isn't that they were more talented, just that they had more talent than given credit for. And they lost more than 1 or 2 non QB players during the season. Their top 2 RB's were either injured or hobbled for most of the year. I also think their O line was much better than people remember.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely Odell, but Eli has looked much better in his second season under that offense

True but the O line is a lot better this year as well. Eli was running for his life a lot of the last 2 years

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but the O line is a lot better this year as well. Eli was running for his life a lot of the last 2 years

But they were also hurt for most of the season. They still need to address the O-Line as well

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One more thing. You mentioned non QB injuries and I assume that was because the QB is the most important position on the field. So if we're skewing towards the QB, Eli was so far and away better than Alex Smith that year it evens up the talent disparity quite a bit.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coughlin is guaranteed a 6 figure consulting contract if he wants it just for his work against NE (being robbed this year by the corrupt NFL regardless).

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woahhh, Michael Kay just reported from a verified Twitter account just said Chip Kelly is drawing some interest from the Giants, but no way is that a match at all.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coughlin is guaranteed a 6 figure consulting contract if he wants it just for his work against NE (being robbed this year by the corrupt NFL regardless).

From what I heard on the radio the giants are already paying him his full salary for next year unless he takes a job with another team

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. You mentioned non QB injuries and I assume that was because the QB is the most important position on the field. So if we're skewing towards the QB, Eli was so far and away better than Alex Smith that year it evens up the talent disparity quite a bit.

It certainly helps bring the talent gap closer.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the guy a lot, and you can't argue with two SB wins, but his teams were boom or bust, and in the years when they didn't win a SB, they often didn't even make the playoffs or they were one-and-done.

Rock would call him the Eli Manning of coaches.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a great job with the Giants... hard to believe he was there 12 years! Man where does the time go...