• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Negotiating with Roger Goodell for Settlement, NFL fears court

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But first you pretend you will sue in court... if this was going to court it would already be in court... TB needs a decision...like today ... It is in his best interest to have a decision rendered from a court asap as the wheels of justice move slowly.

I would bet he doesn't like the deal he was offered and it's in Brady's hands not Goodells.

I don't know. The NFL really doesn't have a good track record in court. Maaaybe this case if different but I don't know if the NFL thinks that.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. The NFL really doesn't have a good track record in court. Maaaybe this case if different but I don't know if the NFL thinks that.

dunno but it's been a month. it wouldn't take RG that long to make an offer but it would take that long for TB and his team to counter or evaluate the damage.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one does PF, we're all speculating....I have been around a long time and have learned that courts are very different depending on the type of judge that is sitting that day...
If for instance they get a judge who sees these grossly overpaid spoiled brats for what they are, he may decide to make an example out of the celebrity player to send a message to the players themselves...
Could go the other way too but, the law of averages aren't looking good for that since there have been several gone that way already....
I really don't think the NFLPA wants to go anywhere near a court room, where all cell phone records can be summoned whether they agree or not....
I'm sure it's just their poker face and RG is on to it...:2cents:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we all seem to agree on is that Roger Goodell has turds for brains.
Which is why I think this will go to court.

Why make a smart decision today when you can go down in flames 6 months from now?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe, Goodell knows when he goes to court and his cell phone is subpoenaed, he will lose his job?
Why not drag it out and get another year's pay of roughly $44 million (minus $5 million for the Wells investigation being taken out of his bonus)

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, just maybe, Goodell knows when he goes to court and his cell phone is subpoenaed, he will lose his job?
Why not drag it out and get another year's pay of roughly $44 million (minus $5 million for the Wells investigation being taken out of his bonus)

Why would Goodell's phone subpoenaed?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a stab.

Since the first step toward this type/level of infraction has historically been a cut the shit letter, perhaps Goodell is complicit in this sting operation. Why was it handled the way that it was? Lots at stake for certain constituents.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to understand why Roger Goodell has this job. Because he really sucks at handling player discipline. absolutely abysmal instincts.

I have to assume he is just great at filling their pockets with TV deals but seriously, the owners need to grow some balls and split up his job and pull this ass clown from this aspect of the job.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to understand why Roger Goodell has this job. Because he really sucks at handling player discipline. absolutely abysmal instincts.

I have to assume he is just great at filling their pockets with TV deals but seriously, the owners need to grow some balls and split up his job and pull this ass clown from this aspect of the job.
The TV deals were largely coordinated by Kraft - not Goodell

USATODAY.com - Pressure builds on Disney to renew NFL broadcast deals

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a stab.

Since the first step toward this type/level of infraction has historically been a cut the shit letter, perhaps Goodell is complicit in this sting operation. Why was it handled the way that it was? Lots at stake for certain constituents.
My understanding is the Pats upon receiving the cut the shit letter and here is your fine, said oh hell no we are not excepting that, supposedly by Krafts son.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is the Pats upon receiving the cut the shit letter and here is your fine, said oh hell no we are not excepting that, supposedly by Krafts son.
Yes, that happened. In context, the accusation was that Brady caused the balls to be deflated below regulation to gain an unfair advantage. They certainly were not guilty of that. We don't even have evidence that the balls were under-inflated. Without all the leaks to the press before the offer of a fine, even the younger Kraft would have accepted the fine.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a stab.

OK, but what does this have to do with his Phone?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we all seem to agree on is that Roger Goodell has turds for brains.
Which is why I think this will go to court.

Why make a smart decision today when you can go down in flames 6 months from now?
Who's going down in flames, Brady??

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that happened. In context, the accusation was that Brady caused the balls to be deflated below regulation to gain an unfair advantage. They certainly were not guilty of that. We don't even have evidence that the balls were under-inflated. Without all the leaks to the press before the offer of a fine, even the younger Kraft would have accepted the fine.
Huh?? "We don't even have evidence that the balls were under-inflated"? Are you sure??? Where do you get your information???

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's going down in flames, Brady??
Oh, look! A butthurt Rams fan!!!!!

superbowl36_patriots_rams.jpg

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, look! A butthurt Rams fan!!!!!

superbowl36_patriots_rams.jpg
Just an easy question, will Brady go down?? By the way, I am a Ram fan, but not "butt-hurt. That was years ago, I have moved on.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still get the label because you want to start asking the same old crap that I have answered multiple time. Not going to bite.....