• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady Negotiating with Roger Goodell for Settlement, NFL fears court

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray rice?

adrian peterson?

and greg hardys 10 gamer down to 4? (dont think this was fed court tho)

Remind us which one of those offenses were for cheating so we can use them as a barometer?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray rice?

adrian peterson?

I seem to remember each and every one of those guys missing a shitload of games. Goodell more than made his point with each.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the NFL is going to uphold the entire 4-game suspension

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Lewis isn't guilty of murder because:

A. Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting were the killers and most importantly

B. There was no murder! They were justifiable homicides which is why Oakley and Sweeting aren't in jail cells right now.

Apples and Oranges dude. Ray Lewis has zero relevance here.

Well that's better!

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember each and every one of those guys missing a shitload of games. Goodell more than made his point with each.

I think each were penalized inline with the offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a prediction by Stephen A designed to get some attention. That's what he does for a living.
Actually there is more than him saying the same thing. It sounds like the NFL was not impressed with how Brady conducted himself during the last meeting.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You loving Tom Brady wont make Roger Goodell less prepared for court

I didn't suggest he won't be prepared but he's stuck with the facts as they are and it will make the league look absolutely stupid, from the whole sting operation, the Colts involvement, the shenanigans with the league switching out balls during the game, to the Wells report. Good luck to the league with all that.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of peeps saying this comment is sheer speculation and you gotta consider the 'shock value' source...but can you imagine the outcry if there is any truth to this...

Can football please start already?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant make this shit up

dirt left this part out of his "stephan a smith said its gonna be 4 games"

Stephen A. Smith: Tom Brady Actually Destroyed His Cell Phone CBS Boston

Patriots
Stephen A. Smith: ‘Tom Brady Actually Destroyed His Cell Phone’
By Michael Hurley, CBS BostonJuly 28, 2015 11:20 AM
Share on emailView Comments
gettyimages-462631868.jpg

Tom Brady (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

BOSTON (CBS) — While we’re all waiting for real “DeflateGate” news to break, it’s only fitting that a news morsel befitting a three-ring circus came across our screens on Tuesday morning.

Stephen A. Smith took the lead on Bozo’s Circus on Tuesday when he hit the ESPN airwaves with this delectable nugget: “I’m hearing that Tom Brady actually destroyed his cell phone.”

That’s right.

Tom Brady: Former American sports hero, now just a lousy football deflator and cell phone smasher.

That’s what we’ve got right now.

Here’s the full “report” from Stephen A. this morning,as captured by The Big Lead (emphasis added by me):

I just heard that Tom Brady’s suspension will likely be upheld. Now we all recognize that anything’s possible, or you know, minds can change, but from what I’m hearing, within the next 24 to 48 hours the NFL will announce that they are upholding the four-game suspension against Tom Brady. He will serve his four-game suspension. They know and expect the National Football Players, the National Football League Players’ Association to appeal that decision, to file an injunction, so Tom Brady will still be able to play and all of this other stuff. But at the end of the day, the NFL does not have any fear whatsoever about Tom Brady taking this to federal court. Skip Bayless, they are fully aware that that is a possibility. They are confident that they will win, and they are going to uphold this four-game suspension from everything I’m hearing. Barring a last-minute change, that is the plan within the next 24 to 48 hours. He’s going to serve his four-game suspension.

And not only am I hearing that, Skip, I’m hearing some of the reasons why. Just to throw it out there, remember when we had conversations about his text messages and refusing to show it? I’m hearing that Tom Brady actually destroyed his cell phone. I’m hearing that when you talk about the $1 million fine and the confiscation of a first- and fourth-round pick, that ultimately owner Robert Kraft accepted, you have to remember in Spygate back in 2007, Bill Belichick when they, when the Patriots and Bill Belichick were fined, apparently there’s some language in that agreement, in that fine that ultimately was handed down to him that if something like this happens again, you talking about Bill Belichick being banned. Which, in some folks’ eyes, may have facilitated Robert Kraft showing a willingness to accept the penance and the penalty that Roger Goodell handed down to him.

But at the end of the day, all of that is water under the bridge as it pertains to the Patriots — they have accepted their penalty, Bill Belichick is still their coach, they are moving on.

But as it pertains to Tom Brady, the NFL is very, very confident that in their ruling that he deserves a four-game suspension. From what I’m being told, they’re not going to budge one bit, and if he wants to go to federal court, it will be at his own peril, because remember if he goes to federal court, then you’re not talking about him lying to the NFL, potentially, you know supposedly, or whatever the case may be. You’re talking about him having to give testimony under oath, along with the ball boy, the equipment managers and all of those other guys, whoever was involved in the whole DeflateGate scandal. They’d have to give a deposition, they’d have to give sworn testimony.Which means that any questions could be asked, not just pertaining to DeflateGate, but potentially beyond that. And they don’t think that Tom Brady and the New England Patriots want that at all. So they are holding firm to the four-game suspension, andbarring any last-minute wiggle room or what have you, that is the way that it is going to be. Tom Brady will miss the first four games of this NFL season. At least that’s what I’m told to expect in the next 24 to 48 hours, barring any last-minute, you know, any last-minute adjustments.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant make this shit up

dirt left this part out of his "stephan a smith said its gonna be 4 games"

Stephen A. Smith: Tom Brady Actually Destroyed His Cell Phone CBS Boston

Patriots
Stephen A. Smith: ‘Tom Brady Actually Destroyed His Cell Phone’
By Michael Hurley, CBS BostonJuly 28, 2015 11:20 AM
Share on emailView Comments
gettyimages-462631868.jpg

Tom Brady (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

BOSTON (CBS) — While we’re all waiting for real “DeflateGate” news to break, it’s only fitting that a news morsel befitting a three-ring circus came across our screens on Tuesday morning.

Stephen A. Smith took the lead on Bozo’s Circus on Tuesday when he hit the ESPN airwaves with this delectable nugget: “I’m hearing that Tom Brady actually destroyed his cell phone.”

That’s right.

Tom Brady: Former American sports hero, now just a lousy football deflator and cell phone smasher.

That’s what we’ve got right now.

Here’s the full “report” from Stephen A. this morning,as captured by The Big Lead (emphasis added by me):

I just heard that Tom Brady’s suspension will likely be upheld. Now we all recognize that anything’s possible, or you know, minds can change, but from what I’m hearing, within the next 24 to 48 hours the NFL will announce that they are upholding the four-game suspension against Tom Brady. He will serve his four-game suspension. They know and expect the National Football Players, the National Football League Players’ Association to appeal that decision, to file an injunction, so Tom Brady will still be able to play and all of this other stuff. But at the end of the day, the NFL does not have any fear whatsoever about Tom Brady taking this to federal court. Skip Bayless, they are fully aware that that is a possibility. They are confident that they will win, and they are going to uphold this four-game suspension from everything I’m hearing. Barring a last-minute change, that is the plan within the next 24 to 48 hours. He’s going to serve his four-game suspension.

And not only am I hearing that, Skip, I’m hearing some of the reasons why. Just to throw it out there, remember when we had conversations about his text messages and refusing to show it? I’m hearing that Tom Brady actually destroyed his cell phone. I’m hearing that when you talk about the $1 million fine and the confiscation of a first- and fourth-round pick, that ultimately owner Robert Kraft accepted, you have to remember in Spygate back in 2007, Bill Belichick when they, when the Patriots and Bill Belichick were fined, apparently there’s some language in that agreement, in that fine that ultimately was handed down to him that if something like this happens again, you talking about Bill Belichick being banned. Which, in some folks’ eyes, may have facilitated Robert Kraft showing a willingness to accept the penance and the penalty that Roger Goodell handed down to him.

But at the end of the day, all of that is water under the bridge as it pertains to the Patriots — they have accepted their penalty, Bill Belichick is still their coach, they are moving on.

But as it pertains to Tom Brady, the NFL is very, very confident that in their ruling that he deserves a four-game suspension. From what I’m being told, they’re not going to budge one bit, and if he wants to go to federal court, it will be at his own peril, because remember if he goes to federal court, then you’re not talking about him lying to the NFL, potentially, you know supposedly, or whatever the case may be. You’re talking about him having to give testimony under oath, along with the ball boy, the equipment managers and all of those other guys, whoever was involved in the whole DeflateGate scandal. They’d have to give a deposition, they’d have to give sworn testimony.Which means that any questions could be asked, not just pertaining to DeflateGate, but potentially beyond that. And they don’t think that Tom Brady and the New England Patriots want that at all. So they are holding firm to the four-game suspension, andbarring any last-minute wiggle room or what have you, that is the way that it is going to be. Tom Brady will miss the first four games of this NFL season. At least that’s what I’m told to expect in the next 24 to 48 hours, barring any last-minute, you know, any last-minute adjustments.
Is it really that crazy to think that a guilty person would destroy incriminating evidence? That has never happened

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really that crazy to think that a guilty person would destroy incriminating evidence? That has never happened
brady didnt smash his phone lmao

smith literally made it up.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ray rice?

adrian peterson?

those two cases are totally different than brady's .. godhell lost those because he punished then to the max according to the rule that was in place at the time and then changed the rule to include a stronger punishment ..then went and changed their punishment you cant do that and thus he lost in court .. godhell has not changed the rule or brady's punishment thus the nfl will win in court and the punishment will be upheld ..

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those two cases are totally different than brady's .. godhell lost those because he punished then to the max according to the rule that was in place at the time and then changed the rule to include a stronger punishment ..then went and changed their punishment you cant do that and thus he lost in court .. godhell has not changed the rule or brady's punishment thus the nfl will win in court and the punishment will be upheld ..

totally different?

where did the 4 games come from then, do tell.

you DO know...(no, you dont) that messing with equipment is a 25k fine...right?

per the CBA n stuff.