• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady is on pace...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im scared of him.

Not me, they say he can throw 100, and will legitimately DH every day he isnt pitching

And his price is nothing, considering he has to adhere to standard international signing limits

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
young
expensive as fuck
coming off an injury plagued year
now having surgery...

As Jeff Passan points out, the financial particulars of Otani’s potential move across the Pacific are dizzyingly complex and will likely cost Otani more than nine figures in guaranteed salary because he’s still two years away from the agreed-upon age at which international amateur free agents become international professional free agents. As such, his immediate earning potential will be limited by teams’ international bonus pools. On top of that, Passan reports, MLB and Nippon Professional Baseball will first need to negotiate a new version of the posting system to determine what fee Otani’s next club owes his current one.

Otani has missed much of the 2017 NPB season with injuries. Last year, he made 20 starts and served as a DH on off days, leading the NPB’s Pacific League — astoundingly enough — in both ERA and OPS while still one of the youngest regulars on the circuit. Otani throws triple-digit fastballs and hits monster homers.

If Otani were not held to the international-bonus restrictions, he would likely ink a deal larger than the seven-year, $155 million contract the Yankees gave Masahiro Tanaka before the 2014 season. Instead, an MLB team will need only invest a fraction of that in Otani’s bonus and the posting fee.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
young
expensive as fuck
coming off an injury plagued year
now having surgery...

As Jeff Passan points out, the financial particulars of Otani’s potential move across the Pacific are dizzyingly complex and will likely cost Otani more than nine figures in guaranteed salary because he’s still two years away from the agreed-upon age at which international amateur free agents become international professional free agents. As such, his immediate earning potential will be limited by teams’ international bonus pools. On top of that, Passan reports, MLB and Nippon Professional Baseball will first need to negotiate a new version of the posting system to determine what fee Otani’s next club owes his current one.

Otani has missed much of the 2017 NPB season with injuries. Last year, he made 20 starts and served as a DH on off days, leading the NPB’s Pacific League — astoundingly enough — in both ERA and OPS while still one of the youngest regulars on the circuit. Otani throws triple-digit fastballs and hits monster homers.

If Otani were not held to the international-bonus restrictions, he would likely ink a deal larger than the seven-year, $155 million contract the Yankees gave Masahiro Tanaka before the 2014 season. Instead, an MLB team will need only invest a fraction of that in Otani’s bonus and the posting fee.

Come to Papa Hiroshima

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dynasty is coming, the titles are coming, everyone without a dog in the fight agrees

You have already assume every Yankees prospect will suck, so Ill go by what I have already seen in Judge/Sanchez/Bird/Severino, and what the scouts say about Gleyber/Frazier/Sheffield/Adams

You need to get out of the prediction business

And give up on the "irrelevant" talk for a team that hasnt seen a below .500 season in over 2 decades

Lol. I don’t fall your “every Yankees prospect is awesome” routine. You should be smarter than that. Let’s just see this unstoppable juggernaut win a division first. It hasn’t happened since 2012! LMAO!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to Papa Hiroshima
i was a huge believer in this kid, but im getting leery now.

he has every single tool. every. single. tool.

and that scares me.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I don’t fall your “every Yankees prospect is awesome” routine. You should be smarter than that. Let’s just see this unstoppable juggernaut win a division first. It hasn’t happened since 2012! LMAO!

I dont know why winning a division would be a measuring stick for you....I think most people agreed the Yankees were better than the Sox this season, and a real strange record in one run games cost them the division, but they proved they were better than them when they played them 19 times, and proven further in the postseason.....Winning the division will help next season cause they dont lose at home in the playoffs, but that should be a pretty easy feat, the Sox are not heading in the right direction

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say a word this season about the Sox losing to Houston
These guys all line up to bash a team predicted to finish in last, missing out on the WS by a game

The world is right again , Sox fans left only hoping for the Yankees to lose[/QUOTE]
Hint, they already did. See you next season. It's football season for both of us now. Wait it's football season for Patriot fans. NYG not so much.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for 5,000 yards passing and 34 TD's to 5 picks. the 5,000 yard pace destroys favres by nearly 800 yards.

at age 40.

I'm 41 and I pulled a muscle putting on socks.
Wait till you get to my age, I pull a muscle thinking about putting on socks.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why winning a division would be a measuring stick for you....I think most people agreed the Yankees were better than the Sox this season, and a real strange record in one run games cost them the division, but they proved they were better than them when they played them 19 times, and proven further in the postseason.....Winning the division will help next season cause they dont lose at home in the playoffs, but that should be a pretty easy feat, the Sox are not heading in the right direction

The Sox are going to be fine. They have their entire bullpen back next season(plus Thornburg). That was one of the best bullpens in the league this year. They also will have Sale, Price, Pomeranz and Porcello back. They have 2 more years of Bogaerts, 3 more years of Betts, 3 more years of JBJ, 5 years of Benintendi, 6 years of Devers. They just need a couple big bats and they are fine. Hell, if they hadn’t pissed away Travis Shaw this year, things might have worked out differently. Their window is wide open for the next 2-3 years. Don’t go crowning the Yankees just yet.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
devers is going nowhere.

try this on for size...

mega deal..JBJ, xander, and mookie or benny, PLUS a prospect or 2 (rusney had a .857 OPS in pawtucket, hes cuban, makes sense...maybe matt domingeuz or something)

for

ozuna and stanton, miami eats most of stantons deal.

helps jetes change that team, FAST. gets a whole new left side of the infield, and a replacement for stanton AND ozuna....one trade.

Forget Stanton! I don’t want anything to do with that contract. Go get Ozuna instead.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox are going to be fine. They have their entire bullpen back next season(plus Thornburg). That was one of the best bullpens in the league this year. They also will have Sale, Price, Pomeranz and Porcello back. They have 2 more years of Bogaerts, 3 more years of Betts, 3 more years of JBJ, 5 years of Benintendi, 6 years of Devers. They just need a couple big bats and they are fine. Hell, if they hadn’t pissed away Travis Shaw this year, things might have worked out differently. Their window is wide open for the next 2-3 years. Don’t go crowning the Yankees just yet.

Thats the spirit, Stay Optimistic.......A lotta those guys you named are pretty shitty, but hey, its a lotta names, so you got that!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner/Castro/Headley

3 names I think the Yankees can realistically get rid of if Cash gets creative enough

Replaced by the younger guys in waiting

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirt's right about one thing. Good chance the Sox's payroll in 2018 is north of 200 mill. Yikes.

Doesn’t matter. They already reset the luxury tax level this year. Also, John Henry can afford it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter. They already reset the luxury tax level this year. Also, John Henry can afford it.

The balls on you guys

You have all become what you have despised for years

"Doesnt matter, George can afford it"

Ill take something we never heard out of Boston for $1000 Alex

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The balls on you guys

You have all become what you have despised for years

"Doesnt matter, George can afford it"

Ill take something we never heard out of Boston for $1000 Alex
or most other teams, until the past 10 years when most every major market caught up to NY financially.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or most other teams, until the past 10 years when most every major market caught up to NY financially.

The Sox are blowing past the Yankees, now and for a long time coming

I will enjoy every last second of it, and share my joy with you, Chappee and cereal, Daily